Do people share drinks packages?

you cannot be serious. you are you to tell me anything? Knock,KNOCK

What a joke. If you have a problem with my opinion too bad. Get over it;

I will defend honesty over B.S. supporters 24/7 .Thievery cost us billions.Only a fool would truly believe that it's none of our business

:cj

Do you work for RCI, CJ? LOL -- you are getting way too sensitive over this. We are not talking about robbing banks. Relax.

Edited by AEGBRG

you cannot be serious. you are you to tell me anything? Knock,KNOCK

What a joke. If you have a problem with my opinion too bad. Get over it;

I will defend honesty over B.S. supporters 24/7 .Thievery cost us billions.Only a fool would truly believe that it's none of our business

Yes my friend I was serious... do not think for one silly minute that RCI would reduce the price of the drink package if there was no sharing....Just like at the grocery store and shop lifting......would the grocery store prices drop tomorrow if all shop lifting stopped...no.

I buy the drink package and do not share... oh Wait I did once about a year ago...gave my dad a bourbon....eww my bad!!! ...although I can drink for free in the CL. I take issue with the moral do gooders who cant bring themselves to stop judging folk for things that are no of their business. Let RCI look after their own affairs... hate me if you like:)

Do you work for RCI, CJ? LOL -- you are getting way too sensitive over this. We are not talking about robbing banks. Relax.

nice comeback,LOL . I'm a critic of RCI .I just don't steal from others or try to justify it. I guess I benefited from good parenting while others did not.

I am a big fan of RCi and think its an amazing company.

They have had my attention and vacation dollars for over 12 years now.

RCI is a great product and the loyalty program is superior to any other. That being said........It's a big nasty world out there and RCi has survived...They will be just fine if someone gives their wife a bottle of water. If not RCi can handle it and do what they have to do to remain competitive and survive.

Relax and enjoy your cruise

The zero tolerance cannot be managed consistently through one's life. My guess is that those who have no ability to tolerate anything step out of line on a cruise ship have other areas of life where they don't have the same issues with taking advantage or bending the rules. They are not being honest if they claim to have such high standards - we all work with flexible morals and ethics at times. Having said that - I do respect the position they are taking - and it's a good reminder to look inside ourselves and examine our senses of right and wrong. I'm a good consumer. I buy stuff. I rarely complain. I upgrade. I don't ask for accommodations or free stuff. I'm low maintenance. Not demanding on staff. They make money off me - I don't ask for extras. I'm good with having "stolen" a couple of drinks.

Has anyone ever thought how much we steal from the earth every day? We are quite happy to throw away food we can't eat, drink we can't drink etc when we buy these packages or on all inclusive holidays. To me that is wasteful and real stealing. But we keep on doing it. Sharing a drink rather than pouring 6 and throwing 3 away is surely better.

I would much rather see someone sneak a drink than someone try and eat or drink more than is humanly possible just because they reckon they've paid for all the extra natural energy its taken to make it. Then they leave it. To me, that's what you shouldn't teach your kids. That your supply is endless and you can have as much of anything that you want.

Of all the comments justifying moral ineptitude, these two really take the cake. I'm still laughing. Such a boat load of crap. The only thing missing from this thread is the infamous: "I suppose you don't speed either" attack. Thanks for the laugh. If I ever meet any of you on a cruise, let me know you're a thief and I'll BUY you a drink. :D:p:rolleyes:

Of all the comments justifying moral ineptitude, these two really take the cake. I'm still laughing. Such a boat load of crap. The only thing missing from this thread is the infamous: "I suppose you don't speed either" attack. Thanks for the laugh. If I ever meet any of you on a cruise, let me know you're a thief and I'll BUY you a drink. :D:p:rolleyes:

I love cake!!

That's exactly what it is. They charge what they want because they leave you no alternative as a captive audience.

It's actually quite amusing how I've been belittled and put down because I won't simply roll over and be taken advantage of without making a fuss over it. Guess I simply don't believe in feeding corporate greed as easily as others. I work too hard for my money, but as my father always told me growing up, "A fool and his money are easily parted."

I don't think you've been belittled, just disagreed with. Today I paid $2.95 for a soda with my lunch. Even with the refill, that was less than a can, and I wasn't about to get a third one since by then the parking validation would have run out and that would have cost me $8. Ah, life in the big city....:eek:

I was doing so good at not posting to this thread but after reading this post I just have to ask.... seriously?

Smoke a joint. It will make sense to you then. Or so I've been led to believe....

I hope no one steals the sausage their kids leave on a meal where they have paid the kids price.

We've been to restaurants where my DD has had the kids meal and we have had the adults meal. My DH had often finished her plate if she's left something.

This whole thread doesn't really relate to us. DD has soda package, I have the 6 bottle wine package, Hubbie buys beer separately when he wants one.

As for my earthy response, I really do find it worse. Maybe it wasn't for this thread, but I find wastefulness really bad. I'm not saying I don't waste, but its one thing I find quite upsetting in 'eat and drink all you can' type of establishments. One thing I do teach my kids is to not waste, irrespective of the cost.

Have a great weekend folks x

Edited by Adayatatime

Totally agree with you

I bet they wouldn't feel this way if they ran a pub with similar deals offered

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi just a question for those in the know.....we will all (2 adults and 2 children) be buying drinks packages when we sail RCI in Jan 2016 (they're finally bringing a ship to Brisbane!!) and I am wondering what happens in the case of clumsy kids. If there's a 15 minute limit on the machines, what would one do if their child accidently knocks their drink over before the 15 minute mark?

Will they allow another drink inside the timeframe in an incidence such as this? Surely this has happened to someone as I can't be the only one with clumsy kids :D

Hi just a question for those in the know.....we will all (2 adults and 2 children) be buying drinks packages when we sail RCI in Jan 2016 (they're finally bringing a ship to Brisbane!!) and I am wondering what happens in the case of clumsy kids. If there's a 15 minute limit on the machines, what would one do if their child accidently knocks their drink over before the 15 minute mark?

Will they allow another drink inside the timeframe in an incidence such as this? Surely this has happened to someone as I can't be the only one with clumsy kids :D

You can always get a soda from a bar with no time limits.

While the Holier-than-thou think it is stealing.... and it would be stealing if I went and just took a drink with out paying, but realise that I have PAID for that package and if I want to give a drink to someone, every now and then, it is mine to do what I choose.

If RCCL has said we (collectively) cant share it well guess what, they have also said that we must wear certain items of clothing aboard as well...Guess what? You guessed it, people don't follow those rules all the time either.

RCCL are not loosing money offering these packages they are cleaning house (even if people share a drink or 2 every now and then), why do you think they changed it from whole cabin has to purchase the package? People weren't buying it before, now they are actually purchasing the packages, sharing a drink or not, it works out much better for them to offer it individually.

As for those that are questioning peoples parenting skills by saying what lessons are you teaching your kids.... :rolleyes: P**S OFF :mad:, and mind your own flipping business!!!:D I'll be teaching my kids to SHARE!! Like I was taught!!

If like you to use this theory with security on a train next time you buy a train ticket

Good luck cruising with an attitude lke that

Yeah they would making money but that is called business

Businesses are not in business to just let people take financial advantage like your suggesting

Try thinking of others rather than yourself

You can always get a soda from a bar with no time limits.

Or you can do like my new favorite Pet Peeve people do. You walk up to the machine, it tells you, "Refills are available in 7 minutes. Then you pull your cup away, wait 5 seconds and try again until it finally allows you to refill. Be sure not to step aside while others behind you are waiting.

(Ok, it only happened to me twice, and I was actually quite entertained. (Yes those people spoke and read English as far as I could tell)

Or you can do like my new favorite Pet Peeve people do. You walk up to the machine, it tells you, "Refills are available in 7 minutes. Then you pull your cup away, wait 5 seconds and try again until it finally allows you to refill. Be sure not to step aside while others behind you are waiting.

(Ok, it only happened to me twice, and I was actually quite entertained. (Yes those people spoke and read English as far as I could tell)

Maybe they weren't smart enough to realize the message was only for them. Judging by the number of CC members who think it's OK to share a package, it's a high probability. :D

I wish CC would adopt the same policy that the Dis (Disney) boards have which are any that threads discussing breaking Disney rules are closed immediately by the mods. This board should be no different. It would close a lot of completely useless threads.

Obviously some miss the point of a package PER PERSON. If everyone went through life saying, well it's only ONE "fill in the blank", just wow. Lack of understanding/comprehension of what taking something you did not pay for is amazing. When you buy a drink package from a company, you are buying it under a contract. The company can withdraw that package at any time if you break the contract which is what some on here are condoning or have done. Very, very simple.

Edited by BND

If like you to use this theory with security on a train next time you buy a train ticket

Good luck cruising with an attitude lke that

Yeah they would making money but that is called business

Businesses are not in business to just let people take financial advantage like your suggesting

Try thinking of others rather than yourself

If your going to compare, you need to compare apples to apples. Trains and drinks are not comparing like for like.

Shall I use your statement about trains here you go...

We buy a 10 ride ticket whenever we are in Barcelona for the metro, 10 rides, Is it stealing if I use it for my wife, our son and I??? Would The metro want me to buy a ticket for each of us??? Give your head a shake!!!

I am not promoting buying one package and sharing it with the whole family here, a once in a while thing in my eyes is fine.

As far as your comment about my attitude and cruising if anything it would be the stuffy comments from many on these boards that would make me reconsider cruising. From what I have read I think a lot of these posters are stuck in the olden times.

With all that said I do appreciate the people that have answered some of my questions.

If folks can't afford to ( or don't want to ) pay the prices that the cruise lines charge for drinks then perhaps they should find another holiday. The prices are known about before you get on board so it's not like it's a surprise.

And yes, I also work hard for my money too and don't like to see it frittered away....but I enjoy cruising and am prepared to pay the premium prices for the holiday experience. I work damn hard all year to be able to do it.

How about this for a scenario? I buy the premium package for $55 per day.

During the day I only get drinks that would cost me $55 if I was pay as you go.

Anyone think it would be ok to share one or two of those drinks? Morally I mean.

Edited by Frankmac

I'll admit to "stealing". But here are the circumstances...

1) DW has a drink package including water. I don't. We're separated on the ship doing different activities. While separated, she gets a bottle of water. When we meet back up, I take a drink of her water (not the whole bottle, not 1/2, just a drink).

2) DD has a Royal Replenish package. She gets a cocktail (non-alcoholic) that she likes. She asks me to try a sip so I do.

I guess I should walk the plank now. :)

If folks can't afford to ( or don't want to ) pay the prices that the cruise lines charge for drinks then perhaps they should find another holiday. The prices are known about before you get on board so it's not like it's a surprise.

And yes, I also work hard for my money too and don't like to see it frittered away....but I enjoy cruising and am prepared to pay the premium prices for the holiday experience. I work damn hard all year to be able to do it.

Another option is to consider sailing on Celebrity and taking the typically "free drink package" which is almost always offered. No need to share- and you can get a good variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. If you are not fussy about your cabin, the cost of the cruise can be as little as $100 pp, including the package.