Trying to find out everything you all know about the Sun

griz400

What are the breakfast choices that you all can think of at the main dining rooms ??? eggs any way ?? omelettes ?? how about " Eggs Benedict " ?

Alternate suggestion - - -

Check out the Moderno (11 Pool Deck port side opposite of the Garden Café Buffet) for your omelettes fruit filled waffles and pancakes !

Was talking with neighbors down the street and they have said that they, and others from their family up north, have cruised NCL alot in the past few years, they were telling us about something you all haven't mentioned ...

Pretzel rolls .... they say NCL is famous for them ... Guess now it's up to all of you to tell us how good they are, and seeing is believing , so, if you have some pics, please share ... thanks ....:)

Was talking with neighbors down the street and they have said that they, and others from their family up north, have cruised NCL alot in the past few years, they were telling us about something you all haven't mentioned ...

Pretzel rolls .... they say NCL is famous for them ... Guess now it's up to all of you to tell us how good they are, and seeing is believing , so, if you have some pics, please share ... thanks ....:)

Everyone raves about them so we decided to try them on the Star and thought they were just ok. We are originally from philly and used to really good soft pretzels. As we all know food is subjective so we will leave ours for those who like them...:D

Edited by philatiger

From what i have been reading .. lobster on Sun .. Gone ?? some say there is lobster .. also shrimp cocktails ?? What appetizers remain ??? Guess if prices are good and season is in, when Florida lobster is in season, prices are reasonable. As long as there is a good soup and a salad, all is well ...

I've read a lot about Pretzel Rolls as well, never tried them so guess I should add that to my list of Must Do/Try. Is the Great Outdoors open for breakfast too and do they make French Toast? Although, that may be asking too much, :p .

The Great Outdoors is open for breakfast and as I recall has either pancakes or French toast everyday but not usually both. Seems like the Garden Cafe has both all the time. My issue is that unless you get either just as they are coming off the griddle, they are only warm and not that tasty. However, I LOVE their corn beef hash. Not mushy, nice cubes of corned beef, potatoes, onions and peppers. Order me up two eggs over east and just before those are finished and I hand the cook my plate put a couple of spoonfuls of hash down as the bed for the eggs....yummy!

From what i have been reading .. lobster on Sun .. Gone ?? some say there is lobster .. also shrimp cocktails ?? What appetizers remain ??? Guess if prices are good and season is in, when Florida lobster is in season, prices are reasonable. As long as there is a good soup and a salad, all is well ...

According to the live chat the other day, lobster is gone. They posted a number of the new menus in that thread, lots of tasty sounding apps and entrees IMHO

Everyone raves about them so we decided to try them on the Star and thought they were just ok. We are originally from philly and used to really good soft pretzels. As we all know food is subjective so we will leave ours for those who like them...:D

I agree. Had to have pretzel rolls on the Epic last year because of how everyone raved about them and they were ....... so-so.

The Great Outdoors is open for breakfast and as I recall has either pancakes or French toast everyday but not usually both. Seems like the Garden Cafe has both all the time. My issue is that unless you get either just as they are coming off the griddle, they are only warm and not that tasty. However, I LOVE their corn beef hash. Not mushy, nice cubes of corned beef, potatoes, onions and peppers. Order me up two eggs over east and just before those are finished and I hand the cook my plate put a couple of spoonfuls of hash down as the bed for the eggs....yummy!

According to the live chat the other day, lobster is gone. They posted a number of the new menus in that thread, lots of tasty sounding apps and entrees IMHO

I looked at the new menus as you stated from the live chat board ... looks real good ....my favorite breakfast is an omelette ... but i do like a good appetizer

You can have omelets made to order at the Garden Cafe and at the Great Outdoors. And as I recall, you can also order omelets in the MDRs.

Omelets are also available at Moderno port side of the Garden Café.

If you go to the Garden Café the line at times can be trying.

A line two or three deep is not bad get six or seven more and best to forgo

omelets here unless of course you love to wait !

I agree, if your not from around Philadelphia they are just OK, nothing special

This is a great thread, thanks Griz400 for starting it and to those who have shared really wonderful information.

I have a question for those who've had the UDP on the Sun. I'm a planner and so decided to try the UDP on the Sun. We're at the point now when we can make our reservations but neither Cagney's nor Teppanyaki are available to reserve. Being that those are our two favourite restaurants, I'm wondering if they've already reached capacity or does this happen for every cruise on the Sun? :confused:

We love the Sun. We have that same cruise booked for next Feb. We took our first cruise on her in 2011 and liked the ship a lot. Yes, as someone mentioned don't miss the pretzel rolls. Also on the Sun there is a crepe station on the buffet at night right near the ice cream. You can get a hot gooey crepe stuffed with apples and put ice cream and caramel sauce on it. One of the best desserts on the ship in my opinion.

We love the Sun. We have that same cruise booked for next Feb. We took our first cruise on her in 2011 and liked the ship a lot. Yes, as someone mentioned don't miss the pretzel rolls. Also on the Sun there is a crepe station on the buffet at night right near the ice cream. You can get a hot gooey crepe stuffed with apples and put ice cream and caramel sauce on it. One of the best desserts on the ship in my opinion.

First time i heard about the crepes .... will check it out for sure, :)

Does the Sun, or NCL for that matter serve "real milk"? By that I mean the stuff you have to keep refrigerated, the fresh stuff, not Long life stuff?

If I remember correctly they have the small cartons in the morning for breakfast, not sure about lunch. I always grab a bunch for the fridge in the cabin.

I will have to try the pretzel rolls. But having just traveled in Germany, I don't know how they will compare. We had the BEST there.

I will definitely check out the Crepe station in the buffet in the evenings. May have to forgo desert elsewhere and just hear there as it sounds amazingly delicious.