Trying to find out everything you all know about the Sun

griz400

By reading from NCL website, (i did a search on new dining menus), looks real good since july, (if its all true) ............ also they are having a "Chocoholic Night," on every ship i believe it states .. here is what i read --- TELL US HOW MUCH IS TRUE .... :

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_072114

:cool:

I will have to try the pretzel rolls. But having just traveled in Germany' date=' I don't know how they will compare. We had the BEST there.

I will definitely check out the Crepe station in the buffet in the evenings. May have to forgo desert elsewhere and just hear there as it sounds amazingly delicious.[/size']

My wife is German and I was stationed in Germany for 6 years. The rolls on NCL are not even close to the delicious rolls you get in Germany.

Crepe station on the other hand is pretty close. Especially the Nutella crepes.

If I remember correctly they have the small cartons in the morning for breakfast, not sure about lunch. I always grab a bunch for the fridge in the cabin.

Thanks Chuck. We get fresh milk & UHT long life milk in cartons in Aus. So sorry to ask for clarification, but which one are you referring to?? :confused: :)

Thanks Chuck. We get fresh milk & UHT long life milk in cartons in Aus. So sorry to ask for clarification, but which one are you referring to?? :confused: :)

I would think, although I might be wrong, that it is the Ultra-High-Temperature processing type of milk. I doubt the cruise lines have much choice, all things considered.

Being at sea for extended periods of time, anywhere from 7-30 days at a time, would mean no ability to obtain "fresh" milk. Although some don't like the idea of the practice, you're really only exposed to this product for a short period and so there's really little chance that it would have an on-going impact on your health, that of your children, well, that's something you need to consider I guess.

Sorry, I guess we need to ask an expert since we seem to have different opinions :eek:

That never happens here. :p

Just did a search for other thread regarding uht milk and found this on the Oceania forum. I would think if any cruise line was going to use Fresh milk, not UHT milk it would be them but.... not so much:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069564

Edited by All-ready2cruise
Sorry but.....

Sorry, I guess we need to ask an expert since we seem to have different opinions :eek:

That never happens here. :p

Just did a search for other thread regarding uht milk and found this on the Oceania forum. I would think if any cruise line was going to use Fresh milk, not UHT milk it would be them but.... not so much:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2069564

lol.... never really looked that closely at the cartons, they always look like the cartons you see in stores here. i am sure there is someone on here who can confirm...:D

So for snacks in evening ... there is fish and chips and wings in sports bar ??

what else is there -- stuff for sandwiches ??

recently heard of the crepes .. and there is an ice cream bar .. ice cream late at night ???

also, i hear pizza is ok, and can be delivered like on pool deck area ??? where do you order from ???

and, are you all tired of hearing from us ?? newbies sorta ... this is our second cruise :)

So for snacks in evening ... there is fish and chips and wings in sports bar ??

what else is there -- stuff for sandwiches ??

recently heard of the crepes .. and there is an ice cream bar .. ice cream late at night ???

also, i hear pizza is ok, and can be delivered like on pool deck area ??? where do you order from ???

and, are you all tired of hearing from us ?? newbies sorta ... this is our second cruise :)

Yes, there are fish and chips and wings plus hot dog, dip, I don't recall any sandwiches....maybe a burger?

Free pizza slices are typically available at the pool buffet and I think at the Garden Cafe during specific hours. You can order whole pizzas from room service for a charge anytime and they will deliver to wherever you are.

Not sure on the ice cream hours.

I will have to try the pretzel rolls. But having just traveled in Germany' date=' I don't know how they will compare. We had the BEST there.

I will definitely check out the Crepe station in the buffet in the evenings. May have to forgo desert elsewhere and just hear there as it sounds amazingly delicious.[/size']

I hope the ma'ams will write a review so I can soak up all of the details before my Feb trip.

We LOVED Germany! We rented a car in Frankfort and drove to Freiberg, Lindon on Lake Constance, Hohenschwangau, and Munich, then back to Frankfort before flying home. We attended a wedding near Dusseldorf first and spent 4 days there seeing the area and after the wedding flew to Paris for 4 nights. Glad we went to Paris and saw the sights, but I will not go back. Germany......we will return!

My DH and I are both of German ancestry (his dad was German and mom was Italian first generation). I am 7/8 German and 1/8 Swiss. Dad is turning 90 in two weeks and has taken up ancestry since my mom died.

I was checking out cabin pictures on cruisedeckplans.com. Most cabins show a small, old TV. Are these pictures just old or have TV's not been updated?

Some of the pics on the site are old. we are in 9202 and it has been updated to a flat screen (based on a you tube video). Search on you tube for your cabin number, might be able to see there.

Its not listed anywhere that i can tell , but, do they have comedy shows on the Sun ... our last cruise they had an early show for family, and a late show for adults .. seemed like most every night ..

They did two on the Alaska run this month, and some parts. The first night there were two shows, 7:15 and 9:15 I think. Then the last night there was an adult show in the nightclub at 10:30 I think.

At embarkation, is there ice in the ice bucket in the cabin or do you have to request it?

Tough question hard to remember everything. I think my ice bucket was

filled on first checking into my mini-suite NCL SUN July 2013 SB.

During the voyage it was replenished twice a day.

Not a big bucket and not insulated so the ice melts quickly enough that it

would not last thru the night.

If you make notice of liking a lot ice frequently to your cabin steward I am

sure you will not be disappointed - also alert your CS if when he turns down

your cabin and puts one of the neat toweled animals on the bed to fill

the ice bucket for your nite-cap !

The first sail-away day of the cruise can be quite hectic and you might

encounter a bit of a wait for your cabin steward to fill it - suggestion if a bar

is close by take the bucket and have it filled at that point or better yet

just flag down any crew member in your passageway.

There are crew service areas that are conveniently located on each deck.

Not saying you have to tip but by golly it is amazing how fast the service

will be if you do it for just this one time !

They did two on the Alaska run this month, and some parts. The first night there were two shows, 7:15 and 9:15 I think. Then the last night there was an adult show in the nightclub at 10:30 I think.

Thanks for the info, so, you just got back i see... when you get a chance ... if you would ... please, please, i, we, would like to here some changes ??? look through this thread when you get a chance .. and tell us about different stuff on ship ... stuff like menus, late snacks, shows, etc etc .. was your trip good ?? :)

Tough question hard to remember everything. I think my ice bucket was

filled on first checking into my mini-suite NCL SUN July 2013 SB.

During the voyage it was replenished twice a day.

Not a big bucket and not insulated so the ice melts quickly enough that it

would not last thru the night.

If you make notice of liking a lot ice frequently to your cabin steward I am

sure you will not be disappointed - also alert your CS if when he turns down

your cabin and puts one of the neat toweled animals on the bed to fill

the ice bucket for your nite-cap !

The first sail-away day of the cruise can be quite hectic and you might

encounter a bit of a wait for your cabin steward to fill it - suggestion if a bar

is close by take the bucket and have it filled at that point or better yet

just flag down any crew member in your passageway.

There are crew service areas that are conveniently located on each deck.

Not saying you have to tip but by golly it is amazing how fast the service

will be if you do it for just this one time !

when we went on our only previous cruise this year, on carnival we were allowed to bring a soft sided small cooler, like 12x12-- we put in the bottom of our carry on, and packed stuff in it , and when we got to our room, iced it down with coke zero's and they filled it up every day instead of ice bucket .. now, on Norwegian, can you do this ??? t fits right in a carry on, and when you pack your stuff in it, it really doesn't take up any room at all ..

when we went on our only previous cruise this year, on carnival we were allowed to bring a soft sided small cooler, like 12x12-- we put in the bottom of our carry on, and packed stuff in it , and when we got to our room, iced it down with coke zero's and they filled it up every day instead of ice bucket .. now, on Norwegian, can you do this ??? t fits right in a carry on, and when you pack your stuff in it, it really doesn't take up any room at all ..

there is no reason you can't carry a small cooler on board. I do this on all my cruises as the so called fridges hardly keep my soda cool, much less cold.