Freedom of the Seas drydock

The couple we are sailing with on 2/1 just got an e-mail asking if they want to do the 1/30 2 day cruise for free! :D

We did not get the e-mail but probably would not be able to swing it anyhow. Feeling a lot of pressure to report back here! Will try to take lots of notes!

The couple we are sailing with on 2/1 just got an e-mail asking if they want to do the 1/30 2 day cruise for free! :D

We did not get the e-mail but probably would not be able to swing it anyhow. Feeling a lot of pressure to report back here! Will try to take lots of notes!

Wow! Good for them. . . I will be on it and am feeling that pressure too!

I just checked again. The copy I printed a few weeks ago says 10 but the one online now says Terminal 1. woohoo!

In case you didn't see Sherri's post: "On the printable copy, page 8 -- under "Port Directions"

So your's now says Terminal 1 for 2-8-2015. I will have to email our cruising buddies to see whether their e-docs now say Terminal 1 for our 2-22-2015 cruise.

EN was docked at the new terminal. I checked out the Terminal Construction cam a few times and there did not seem to be any traffic backups. There had been a bad backup midday for the bus and limousine for the first cruise out of the Terminal -- EX on 12-27-2014 but they changed the traffic pattern.

Link to Terminal 1 Construction Webcam http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

I was on the 2 day Freedom cruise. Talking to a Royal Caribbean terminal worker while in line for customs, she side they had just got notice that it was the last week working in T10 and that Royal was moving all to T1 as primary and the other terminals would be used on multi Royal ship days only. So, base don that and the other chatter here about docs, I would think it pretty safe to think T1 for the next cruises.

She told us T1 has 60 check in stations. Some are kiosks and there can be workers with tablets to check passengers in on the fly. The terminal is set up as a complex of parking and dropoff flowing smoothly to a wide check in area and easy flow to the ship. I was told it can take as little as 10 minutes to go from garage through check in and on to the ship. They worked to eliminate bottlenecks like the scanner and escalators in T10. T1 is built for large volumes of people.

I was on the 2 day Freedom cruise. Talking to a Royal Caribbean terminal worker while in line for customs, she side they had just got notice that it was the last week working in T10 and that Royal was moving all to T1 as primary and the other terminals would be used on multi Royal ship days only. So, base don that and the other chatter here about docs, I would think it pretty safe to think T1 for the next cruises.

She told us T1 has 60 check in stations. Some are kiosks and there can be workers with tablets to check passengers in on the fly. The terminal is set up as a complex of parking and dropoff flowing smoothly to a wide check in area and easy flow to the ship. I was told it can take as little as 10 minutes to go from garage through check in and on to the ship. They worked to eliminate bottlenecks like the scanner and escalators in T10. T1 is built for large volumes of people.

Sounds like Oasis class.:)

So - for my 2/1 cruise - I now have showing for possible dinner reservations - Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi. No Sabor...

Oh - and Portofino. Just to keep us on our toes!! :D

I am on the 1/30 2 nighter and on My Cruises is says I have 5:30 dining, although the docs show "My Time." None of the pre-booking options are functioning (spa, shows, meals, drinks, etc.) I don't know if all this is because it is a free, invite-only cruise or because of the dry-dock- probably both.

Do you think they have the whole ship booked or maybe they just have everyone in the one dining room with no choices?

Seems a big expense for Royal!

Cheryl

Not sure. They put me and another person I know in inside staterooms, I thought this might indicate that they are filling it up, but no way to know. In the invite they talk about the new specialty dining, so I would think they would have it available to try.

That would be pretty awful for all the people who have already paid their airfare!

Cheryl

Ditto. I think the chances are very slim. I think the chances are much higher of not having everything 100% done and still be working, but still take the cruise. They have invited 1000's of TA's, high C & A members and media to this sailing. It would be bad PR.

Ditto. I think the chances are very slim. I think the chances are much higher of not having everything 100% done and still be working, but still take the cruise. They have invited 1000's of TA's, high C & A members and media to this sailing. It would be bad PR.

True but not any worse than all the bad press on sending Oasis and quantum out early. I think the same group that thought DD was ready for prime time came up with this fill in cruise.

It probably went like this

"Why don't we try and get Freedom dry dock done a couple days early and then gives cruises away"

"Good idea, plus we can show everyone how well your idea of DD works. ". :banghead: :banghead:

Don't forget also that they have the "Rocking the Caribbean" venue scheduled for the February 1st and the February 8th cruise as well... Unless they encounter into major problems, I would doubt that the February 1st cruise would get cancelled.

Update... I just read a post on the "Meet and Mingle" blog for the February 1st cruise and the poster stated that he received an e-mail from RCCL indicating that the Freedom will be leaving dry dock two days early and that they were offering a two day cruise leading up to the February 1 departure.

Edited by 02_Vette

True but not any worse than all the bad press on sending Oasis and quantum out early. I think the same group that thought DD was ready for prime time came up with this fill in cruise.

It probably went like this

"Why don't we try and get Freedom dry dock done a couple days early and then gives cruises away"

"Good idea, plus we can show everyone how well your idea of DD works. ". :banghead: :banghead:

I certainly hope not! Cross your fingers for me everyone- I want to report back to you all!