Freedom of the Seas drydock

It would work better if it wasn't in the middle of the Centrum. To much activity there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

On FR, it will replace the champagne bar on deck 5 aft near the dining room. At one end of the Royal Promenade.

I don't know if I could do that big! I love DWC! I visit college friends in St Simon and my cousins from Cooperstown winter on Dataw Island, so I'm down in that area a lot!

Cheryl

Is DWC -- Del Web Community? Our Sun City is small compared to The Villages -- 100,000 folks and still building. My cousin loves it there.

I heard from someone who disembarked yesterday and she said that passengers were still embarking during muster drill. That some pax waited out in the sun for over 3 1/2 hours, that they left PC AFTER 5 PM, the Captain said he'd try to get them to Nassau by 9 AM and it was 11:30 AM when they docked giving them only 2 1/2 hours in Nassau at the furthest dock and that disembarkation was very slow. She said there were a loot of unhappy pax!!

I Think they were stupid to squeeze that cruise in. They should have just began the Drydock immediately! They must have had their reasons!

Cheryl

Cheryl -- I read some posts from a guy onboard who has answered some questions for me over the years and he said he and his wife had a good time. But they got there early and were checked in before the computer problems. So they were not waiting for 3 1/2 hours in the sun. They just stayed on the ship in the short Nassau stop.

Let the work begin and the rumors end!!!!

Here's to no Dynamic Dining and working Azipods! Oh and a new coffee machine for the Diamond Lounge!!!

Cheryl

I don't think you have to worry about Dynamic Dining. I believe that it would definitely be mentioned on the website, and especially with the postponement of DD in OA/AL, I think its almost a definite that its not happening. :)

Sherri,

DWC... Del Webb Charleston!!!

Yes, The Villages!!! I think everyone knows someone who lives there! I shared space with 500 Villagers last year on the Freedom!!!

We need Dry Dock Dave to report in!!!

There are always Villagers on cruises but that sounds like an organized group.

If I read anything about Dry Dock, I will post it.

I am going to check webcams of ships that are Freeport -- Carnival Fantasy will be there tomorrow.

http://www.cruisettt.com has lists of ships in ports.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/218-Freeport/January_2015/ for Freeport this month

Edited by SherriZ366

There are always Villagers on cruises but that sounds like an organized group.

If I read anything about Dry Dock, I will post it.

I am going to check webcams of ships that are Freeport -- Carnival Fantasy will be there tomorrow.

http://www.cruisettt.com has lists of ships in ports.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/218-Freeport/January_2015/ for Freeport this month

Sherri, I am on the 2 night Jan 30th which is billed as a Bahamas cruise, however I haven't seen Freedom show up on any port/cruise type calendar. I am assuming it is going to Nassau, do you know of any other resource to check and try and confirm? Thanks!

Sherri,

DWC... Del Webb Charleston!!!

Yes, The Villages!!! I think everyone knows someone who lives there! I shared space with 500 Villagers last year on the Freedom!!!

We need Dry Dock Dave to report in!!!

Wow, 500 Villagers! I live in The Villages and can't imagine a group that would sail together that is that big. I belong to The Parrotheads and although there are around 1500 members, the cruises rarely attract more than 150 or so. Just curious, do you remember the name of the group? Sometimes local Travel Agencies sponsor cruises like Rocky and the Rollers or someone like that, but they are not really an organized group. I can't imagine wasting my time cruising with a group just to an act I can see rather frequently for free right here at home. The prices for those cruises are not a bargain.

Docking right now. Hard to see if Freedom will be in view of the two camera's. Perhaps dead ahead? Thoughts?

Looks to be dead ahead in the distance. Curios what the two ships are immediately next to Fascination bow and stern.

Sherri, I am on the 2 night Jan 30th which is billed as a Bahamas cruise, however I haven't seen Freedom show up on any port/cruise type calendar. I am assuming it is going to Nassau, do you know of any other resource to check and try and confirm? Thanks!
Cruisecal.com says FR is going to Nassau from 8 AM to 2 PM. Some of this site is public but I actually subscribe so I can see more.