Freedom of the Seas drydock

They are not lit. It is a bronze coating on the balcony glass on the cabins below the cantilevered hot tubs.

Crew said they are staying overnight in Canaveral then sailing for Freeport tomorrow.

Thanks Ken! I've never seen that before! Why are they coated in bronze?

To quote a CD... DOES THE CREW SLEEP ON BOARD!!!!?????????

What are the yellow lit balconys towards the rear?

She may be there for a while if they need to hoist dry dock supplies and food!

I'm sure they've been tearing stuff up and readying areas all day!!!

If you mean the bronze colored windows under the cantilevered hot tubs its the reflection of sunlight being caught on the hump balcony windows at sunset. I'm sure if they are bronzed it contributed to the yellow coloring.

I find it odd that Izumi was not listed as one of the new restaurants, since reservations are open for this restaurant on our cruise planner. I'm thrilled that Sabor is coming, though! :D

I was also told Izumi was coming, but would not be ready for a little time after the dry dock.

What's R Bar like? Will it replace the Champagne Bar?

I noticed they're still listing Jade as a dining option and there's no mention of Izumi.

I'm not sure where it will go, would make sense in some ways to replace Champagne bar. Anyway, I enjoyed it on Freedom because I love classic cocktails. They focus on those with a retro, classy decor.

If you mean the bronze colored windows under the cantilevered hot tubs its the reflection of sunlight being caught on the hump balcony windows at sunset. I'm sure if they are bronzed it contributed to the yellow coloring.

The cabins under the cantilevered hot tubs are not hump cabins. There is only one set of hump cabins and those are more midship below the VCL. It is the sunlight reflecting off the bronze coating.

I believe it replaced the Champagne Bar on Navigator during her dry dock, so that's my guess!

Did they keep the falling chandelier? I stop and watch every time I walk by

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Sherri, I know that feeling of a big group take over! We unknowingly experienced it last February on FOS there were 1000+ in that group!! Our ice shows were cancelled, entertainment cancelled, main dining room and MTD bumped us all to late seating so they could all eat at the same time, our M&M and upper level parties were changed so that they took place simultaneously and we had to choose which party to attend. The people in general were rude and pushy. They took over lounges, the promenade,etc. It wasn't even a cheap cruise!

I am so paranoid that there is going to be a large group on board this year. I've googled everything I could think of and checked on CC. I don't see anything, but I'm still terrified I'm going to get onboard and find some large group take over again! I googled again today and saw a country music fest cruise on RCCL for 3/8, but fortunately it was on Adventure!

Our roll call and M&M are both very small, but the ship is almost sold out, so once again, I'm paranoid!

Cheryl

I don't blame you for being paranoid. Maybe there are large numbers of people who were bumped from January due to drydock. Also the first 2 weeks in Feb. on FR have Rock and Roll theme cruises (my first choice - Feb 8, 2015 was not a protected sailing when we were cancelled for our 1-25-2015 cruise).

Sherri, I'm in Summerville, but I know Daniel Island well! I had a favorite restaurant there that closed. I've lived here almost 4 years now and I love it!

Where do you live in The South?

Cheryl

We are in Sun City Hilton Head so are about 2 hours from Charleston. I love our area and Savannah as well as Charleston. We have been down here for 10 years and I do not miss Maryland where we used to live.

Would like to try Giovanni's Table -- we made sure we ate at Portofino on EX as we expect it is going away on FR and other ships.

Did Giovanni on Allure. Loved the prosciutto slices. Took back to room and brought to MDR the next night.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I don't blame you for being paranoid. Maybe there are large numbers of people who were bumped from January due to drydock. Also the first 2 weeks in Feb. on FR have Rock and Roll theme cruises (my first choice - Feb 8, 2015 was not a protected sailing when we were cancelled for our 1-25-2015 cruise).

Be glad you aren't on either of those February cruises! What is a protected sailing and how do you find out if one is protected?

Cheryl

Sherri, I'm in Del Webb!! We only have 700 homes so far and we'll build out to 1000!

Cheryl

I've heard a lot of good things about the Summerville Del Webb. Our Sun City is at 14,000 homes and I think they will build about 1,000 more. We are in two counties -- Beaufort and Jasper.

Be glad you aren't on either of those February cruises! What is a protected sailing and how do you find out if one is protected?

Cheryl

Protected is price protected.

I am glad that we aren't on the Rocky cruises and that we couldn't even book them and be price protected. While I was on hold with the re-booking desk, I noticed that Feb. 8 was pretty booked up. We travel with another couple and the fact that the first Feb. 2015 Eastern itinerary that was price protected was 2-22 made it easier to coordinate.

Would you believe that a few hours before, we were notified by RCI that our May 3, 2015 cruise was cancelled (because of the Maxwell group -- even though they are selling it now). Two rebookings in one day with lots of emails going to the other couple. And then our May 17, 2015 cruise had a price reduction a few weeks later due to the first and best BOGOHO.

I love the champagne bar! I don't want it to go!!!!

What is the R Bar??

Cheryl

From Royal's website: "featuring a sophisticated 1960s vibe, complete with iconic furnishing and signature cocktails created by a savvy and personable mixologist".