Freedom of the Seas drydock

Royal finally confirmed some changes on their website, most of what we already knew. Sabor, Giovanni's Table and Rbar as well as a few other things...

http:// http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=FR

Looks like they are remodeling Vintages too. Wonder if they will offer the ala carte menu like OA and AL do.

Wow, 500 Villagers! I live in The Villages and can't imagine a group that would sail together that is that big. I belong to The Parrotheads and although there are around 1500 members, the cruises rarely attract more than 150 or so. Just curious, do you remember the name of the group? Sometimes local Travel Agencies sponsor cruises like Rocky and the Rollers or someone like that, but they are not really an organized group. I can't imagine wasting my time cruising with a group just to an act I can see rather frequently for free right here at home. The prices for those cruises are not a bargain.

Yes, 500 villagers plus over 500 other people in that group for Rocky and the rollers. Plus about 250 shag dancers, 125 quilters and other groups. What a nightmare!!!

Looks like they are remodeling Vintages too. Wonder if they will offer the ala carte menu like OA and AL do.

Last year on vintages the wine dispensers were broken. What kind of changes do you think they'll make?

Cheryl

Not sure about that. The website categorizes some things as "coming soon" and others as "new." I think (maybe someone else can confirm who has been on Freedom recently) that the items listed as "new" have already been in existence?

Not sure about that. The website categorizes some things as "coming soon" and others as "new." I think (maybe someone else can confirm who has been on Freedom recently) that the items listed as "new" have already been in existence?

Yes all the items listed as new were done during her last revitalization.

The coming soon are for this current dry dock.

Royal finally confirmed some changes on their website, most of what we already knew. Sabor, Giovanni's Table and Rbar as well as a few other things...

http:// http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=FR

Interesting. When I go out to the cruise planner for our march FOS cruise, I can make reservations for Chop's, Chop's California Vineyards, Giovanni's Table, and Izumi, but Sabor doesn't show up anywhere.:confused:

Edited by orville99

I had Fascination's webcam up but it looked like it was going to Nassau so I quit watching it. But from posters below, it looks like it really went to Freeport.

Webcam shows that Fascination IS in Nassau. A total of one person sunning themselves by the pool. Weird. A RCI ship is spinning in the turning basin in front of her right now. Confusing!

Interesting. When I go out to the cruise planner for our march FOS cruise, I can make reservations for Chop's, Chop's California Vineyards, Giovanni's Table, and Izumi, but Sabor doesn't show up anywhere.:confused:

Same thing here Orville 99! We're on the same cruise, so I hope you'll come join us on our roll call!

Cheryl

I think still the new deck plans are missing... :confused:

She will get new staterooms - where? Will she get a similar cabin construction, as on Navigator and Voyager were installed?

Will the Viking Crown Lounge be transferred to Suite-only-lounge??

I believe the new staterooms will be similar to those on Navigator. I don't believe there will be changes to Viking Crown beyond Izumi replacing the game and card rooms.

She will get new staterooms - where? Will she get a similar cabin construction, as on Navigator and Voyager were installed?

Yes, it appears the new deck plans have not been posted yet.

I don't think there will be any changes to the actual VCL (like what happened on Oasis) because if they were planning changes, I believe that they would be promoting an enhanced suite experience with a lounge and restaurant.

Last year on vintages the wine dispensers were broken. What kind of changes do you think they'll make?

Cheryl

I think they may remodel to give it a more intimate feel and add tapas dining for a fee. I would guess if the wine dispensers are still broken, they will be fixed or replaced.

I think the new staterooms will be on Deck 3 and on Deck 12 forward, which is what was done on NV.