Can you bring your own soda onboard and to the dining rooms?

dongordon

I myself don't care what others think of me.......I know how much we paid for staying in a Deluxe Owner Suite and they give us free sodas, so we take ours to the dinning room if we want too.....we also leave the wait staff a good tip.

To old to worry about what other think.....worked to hard all of our lives and doing what we want, when we want it. ::cool:

When I pack soda in my bag I usually get to go to the naughty room. Not sure what I am going to do next cruise though. Soda cards are sooooo expensive and I don't drink that much soda. Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pack it in or transfer it to your carry on bag, that way they can look at it as you go through security.

You may be able to take it to the dining room, NCL may not mind you taking it to the dining room but it wont stop others staring at you and thinking you are a real cheapskate. Personally I would be embarrassed to do it. Water is far better for you than either coke or pepsi and is free.

I stopped worrying about what other people think of me loooonnnnnnggggg ago, especially if I don't know them;).

First of all: "to each their own". Your vacation is your business!

With that out of the way: it astounds me that people want to lug around HEAVY cases of fizzy sugar water! In a vehicle, then through a cruise terminal, in the boarding line, onto the ship, etc! All in the name of a certain brand of fizzy sugar water. If you don't like Pepsi (I don't either!), drink something else! Water is a good choice, or juice, or lemonade, or coffee, or... You get the idea. Enjoy the cruise and ports of call... Surely the soda brand wont ruin the vacation, will it?

You don't mention your daughter's age, but maybe this is a (small) opportunity to teach her that the planet does not rotate around her desires, and she will actually survive without her favorite soda. She might even break that soda habit and you can thank NCL for the lack of Coke.

Wow, we now have the soda police here. It amazes me how people feel they have the right or the responsibility to tell other people how to live their lives and how they should behave. This irks me when it pertains to something that in no way interferes with other people's enjoyment of their cruise.

If a person enjoys Coke over Pepsi and they are willing to carry the cans, why should anyone else care? I for one am a 59 year old Diet Coke drinker and I will be bringing some cans with me on my next cruise. It is worth it to me to enjoy my Diet Coke. I guess I am a spoiled person who must have everything catered to me. ;).

Live and let live folks. The most important thing is for everyone to enjoy their cruises.

Eric

You may be able to take it to the dining room, NCL may not mind you taking it to the dining room but it wont stop others staring at you and thinking you are a real cheapskate. Personally I would be embarrassed to do it. Water is far better for you than either coke or pepsi and is free.

Not really true, I had people come over and ask where I got my Coca-cola from because they wanted one. Who cares what people think!

You may be able to take it to the dining room, NCL may not mind you taking it to the dining room but it wont stop others staring at you and thinking you are a real cheapskate. Personally I would be embarrassed to do it.

Never had anybody staring at us when bringing either NCL provided sodas (as already stated, some higher suites have unlimited sodas) or ones that we have brought onboard ourselves to the restaurants.

If I saw somebody staring at us or making comments because of that, I'd be embarrassed for them for not having anything else to do on their vacation but to mind other people's business and to judge others for something that is completely allowed.

I stopped worrying about what other people think of me loooonnnnnnggggg ago, especially if I don't know them;).

You start living your life worrying about what others think, you are going to miss out on a lot .

Especially some total stranger sitting at a table in a dining room that you will never see again.

My daughter is cruising in November on the Gem and heard that NCL serves Pepsi instead of Coke.

I believe I read on these boards that you can bring your own soda onboard, but can you also bring it to the dining rooms for dinner?

Or are you limited to the cabin for consumption?

Don

Thank you to my Dad & Everyone for your feedback and wonderful advice!!! It was very helpful. Sorry if my love for Coca Cola offended anyone. We are very excited for our upcoming Cruise!!! Thank you so much for all the well wishes!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the quality of the self-serve soda fountains on NCL, but I've been burned buying the soda package on RCI. By the end on a 7d trip, I had figured out which fountain had the most passable soda. None of the machines seemed to be well calibrated and it was a waste of money in the end. I still ended up bringing a bottle or two back when we were in port.

This time around, I think I am going to be taking my soda on with me. Thanks for the thread letting me know how it's done.

No problem bringing your own sodas and bottled waters on board. I saw folks bringing their favorite drinks by the case when embarking on the Jewel in New Orleans.

It's also fun to shop for sodas in ports of call. If you're going to Mexico and have never tasted a Mexican Coca-Cola made with real cane sugar instead of corn syrup, you are in for a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you walk into a land based restaurant with your own cock? If so fine but where we come from it would be defined as tacky even if allowed

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Would you walk into a land based restaurant with your own cock? If so fine but where we come from it would be defined as tacky even if allowed

.....every single day of my life.

:rolleyes:

wasiii

Wouldn't want to walk in without it, that's for darn sure.

I have taken my drink from the bar where we were waiting for a table into the restaurant when we were seated. I see no difference between doing that and bringing my own soda to the MDR on the ship (and yes, I understand that the soda I have was not purchased onboard but it was brought onboard in accordance with the cruise line's rules).

Omg, I needed a good laugh today.

We always bring our own on...Every trip. Either stick luggage tag on it and give to porters (once we had a can missing) or put in duffle bag with luggage tag--inside plastic bag (once one can was very very close to exploding) and give to porter. They have always made it to our cabin.

And who gives a hoot what other people think...it's ur vacation. ENJOY IT

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I try to bring mine were ever I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, I'd probably chicken out, but I'd bring my own wine and pay cockage fee. We have new laws in our area that allow us, finally, to bring our own wine to a restaurant and just pay the corkage fee but most are pretty hefty, NCL's fee of only $15 seems quite reasonable.

PS, sorry, guess my wine is really good this evening. ;)

Edited by All-ready2cruise

Ask and ye shall receive, especially in supermarkets, grocery stores etc..

Pepsi HQ (PEP :NYSE) in NY State makes many varieties now.

I am an American-American but in Europe it is great too not the Corn Syrup lower cost basis sweetener here used in the majority. American - Europeans / European - Americans like the better quality products more than CHEAP .. let me be nice here, under used condiments for the co2 beverages.

I like to make Lime (real) and sugar ones . If not available now as the severe lime shortage is at hand still here on the East/Feast Coast. Roses lime is a very nice concentrate added to real ginger and /or ginger ale..:cool but as food is so subjective soda is also..

In the Garden State here we do not have a deposit on containers, bottles, glass, etc.. that as well keeps the retail costs down too.

I so appreciate the sales when Dr Pepper is at .08 cents a can still.

No problem bringing your own sodas and bottled waters on board. I saw folks bringing their favorite drinks by the case when embarking on the Jewel in New Orleans.

It's also fun to shop for sodas in ports of call. If you're going to Mexico and have never tasted a Mexican Coca-Cola made with real cane sugar instead of corn syrup, you are in for a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
We always bring our own on...Every trip. Either stick luggage tag on it and give to porters (once we had a can missing) or put in duffle bag with luggage tag--inside plastic bag (once one can was very very close to exploding) and give to porter. They have always made it to our cabin.

And who gives a hoot what other people think...it's ur vacation. ENJOY IT

Safe sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much!! ;)