Help pick my cruise

Which cruise should we pick?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which cruise should we pick?

• 5 night Brilliance from Tampa
    • 4 night Constellation from Ft. Lauderdale
    • Other(please comment below)

My MIL has offered to babysit DD (18 months) so DH and I can have a short getaway for our 5th anniversary. MIL lives near Tampa so we were looking at 5 night Brilliance to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but I've always been curious about Celebrity so I also was looking at 4 night Constellation to Key West and Nassau. We've been on Jewel OTS before and enjoyed it as well as HAL and Princess.

We have to go during the Christmas vacation because MIL and I are both teachers and I don't want to leave DD for more than 5 nights.we're looking for relaxation/pampering as opposed to a very active vacation. Which do you think? Or is there are 3rd choice I'm missing?

My MIL has offered to babysit DD (18 months) so DH and I can have a short getaway for our 5th anniversary. MIL lives near Tampa so we were looking at 5 night Brilliance to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but I've always been curious about Celebrity so I also was looking at 4 night Constellation to Key West and Nassau. We've been on Jewel OTS before and enjoyed it as well as HAL and Princess.

We have to go during the Christmas vacation because MIL and I are both teachers and I don't want to leave DD for more than 5 nights.we're looking for relaxation/pampering as opposed to a very active vacation. Which do you think? Or is there are 3rd choice I'm missing?

If the cost is the same....I always go with the longer cruise. I like Brilliance's intinerary better also.

However, I have never been on Celebrity so I cannot speak about their on board experience.

I've been on Constellation... Nice enough ship, a bit drab for me. Staterooms are beautiful, but truly how much of your 24hour day is in the stateroom? That's a ship to do in Europe for example where the ship isn't as important as the daily excursions and long days in ports imho, plus I feel that Nassau is one of the weakest ports to visit. GC & Cozumel are fabulous! Hands down no contest Brilliance for 5 nights.

Have a great cruise! :D

I like both Royal and Celebrity but lean more towards Celebrity overall.

In this instance however, I would definitely select the Brilliance for that extra day and better itinerary.

Happy Anniversary!

I vote Brilliance and that route.

Elevators that almost take you to the sea for dinner. Might I recommend a D2 on deck 7 7040 was awesome and Thomas was amazing. Grab some loungers and have an awesome time [emoji41].

Outer bank elevators:

eru3eva6.jpg

Cabin 7040 [emoji1]at sunset:

4ybuzare.jpg

Another vote for Brillance! 5nts better than 4...sailing under the skyway bridge is awesome!!

Will you be dropping DD at MIL's? If so...does she live close enough to take you to the port & drop you off? Would save on parking...more $$ for onboard fun...:)

Have been on Constellation for a 15night Baltic Cruise. Would recommend Brilliance simply because I feel that you won't get bored. Constellation is beautiful but lacks amenities that Brilliance has. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We 're booking Brilliance. Thanks everyone for your input!

Agree that you made a good choice. Overall, we prefer Celebrity to RCCL, but given the parameters of your choices, would have gone the same route as you.