El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Ok, here's a hypothetical question because I'm curious about how things work in the background. If a "friend" booked one and I was the other passenger in that cabin and then that "friend" didn't board the ship, what would happen?

Another question, for those who have been offered great Carnival deals, can you book more than one cabin per cruise at that cheap price? 

Edited by mum and son

8 hours ago, mum and son said:

Another question, for those who have been offered great Carnival deals, can you book more than one cabin per cruise at that cheap price? 

Yes you can, as long as at least one person in the second cabin has a VIFP number. If you do not put a VIFP number, it reverts to standard prices. I am not sure if it is targeted at specific VIFP numbers though. I tried my partner's number and it worked. YMMV. Also, cannot use the same VIFP number twice.

vifp.png

40 minutes ago, andlep said:

Yes you can, as long as at least one person in the second cabin has a VIFP number. If you do not put a VIFP number, it reverts to standard prices. I am not sure if it is targeted at specific VIFP numbers though. I tried my partner's number and it worked. YMMV. Also, cannot use the same VIFP number twice.

vifp.png

Not every VIFP has got the cheap prices as it’s been random, if you click on your profile and then special offers and see what comes up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andlep said:

vifp.png

Thanks. I have a VIFP number but no good deals show up for me. I'm booking anyway but I was curious. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

It pays to just keep looking,  

I am trying but I'm currently balancing between getting the deal and missing out on a cabin. I have a number of family members interested and I always do all the booking for them so I'd like to book at least 2 or 3 cabins. I can't see any of the deals other members have listed and I've also tried interline. What else am I missing?

At some point I have to accept defeat 😫.

Edited by mum and son

5 minutes ago, mum and son said:

I am trying but I'm currently balancing between getting the deal and missing out on a cabin. I have a number of family members interested and I always do all the booking for them so I'd like to book at least 2 or 3 cabins. I can't see any of the deals other members have listed and I've also tried interline. What else am I missing?

As some have said you can only use your special number once and the special price is not for everyone  but good luck  Try phoning them and asking for assistance from a staff member

7 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

As some have said you can only use your special number once and the special price is not for everyone  but good luck  Try phoning them and asking for assistance from a staff member

Thanks, yes, I have tried calling Carnival. Regardless I will book the cruise because the timing suits my family, and it's still a decent price for that time of year. I'll recover from this 🤣.

3 hours ago, icat2000 said:

To book Carnival cruises outside of Australia you have to use carnival.com site right? And its in USD

Correct, for now.

They have said they were going to integrate the two sites, but it hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, plettza said:

I'm seeing this for Luminosa.

image.thumb.png.71721b2d4ee607c2848264d0c9a662f6.png

You are killing me here!! I had a very long conversion with Carnival today and got nowhere, but they were very friendly. I even bought some shares this week! I so badly want a deal but just can't get my mitts on one 😫.

6 minutes ago, mum and son said:

You are killing me here!! I had a very long conversion with Carnival today and got nowhere, but they were very friendly. I even bought some shares this week! I so badly want a deal but just can't get my mitts on one 😫.

It's over the Christmas period so you'd need to be willing to do a Christmas with the Kranks type thing.

Here is the offer code when I start a booking:

image.png.5a2553369930f7376b8a2eb4d493fd5c.png

image.png.ddfe9a8d7ab9f74e3b632e7898ae82da.png

2 hours ago, plettza said:

It's over the Christmas period so you'd need to be willing to do a Christmas with the Kranks type thing.

Here is the offer code when I start a booking:

image.png.5a2553369930f7376b8a2eb4d493fd5c.png

image.png.ddfe9a8d7ab9f74e3b632e7898ae82da.png

Go for it.

Just make sure you can get reasonable airfares to go with it.

7 hours ago, arxcards said:

Go for it.

Just make sure you can get reasonable airfares to go with it.

We just got came back from  a five week holiday a five abroad which included  a transpacific cruise. My boss wouldn't appreciate me going on leave again mid December 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mum and son said:

My success was on line.  I had no success via the phone,

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

My success was on line.  I had no success via the phone,

Thanks MM, but I have tried everything. There is something out there that is smacking me in the face but I can't find it. I'm usually ok at this sort of thing but not this time 🤔

I've been watching cabin supply and the situation has changed overnight so I may have to bite the bullet today and pay up. 

I appreciate everyone's patience with my posts. I'm more of a lurker on CC these days but I still enjoy being a part of this helpful community 🥂.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mum and son said:

There is something out there that is smacking me in the face but I can't find it.

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser (ie all the cookies relating to carnival) , or even better, using a different one (eg mozilla) that you have never accessed carnival from before (maybe even a different computer)? It's a long shot but worth a try.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:00 PM, cheznandy said:

Just booked a 3 nighter on Luminosa in March, $175 each for a Balcony, one of the extra large ones on deck 4.

We can get up to Brissy and back with Qantas FF points so a cheapie all round.

So many deals when I log in on Carnival, if only we had lots of annual leave.

I have LOTS of annual leave and you do kind of owe me a Xmas present

On 11/9/2022 at 9:19 AM, andlep said:

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser (ie all the cookies relating to carnival) , or even better, using a different one (eg mozilla) that you have never accessed carnival from before (maybe even a different computer)? It's a long shot but worth a try.

These ultra cheap offers are selective. 

Ok everyone. Quick update. I finally found a deal that worked for me. It was nothing like the prices that were being thrown around this page, but it was better than what I'd been seeing before. Managed to book a 7 nighter on the Luminosa in January in an Ocean Suite for under $900pp. I then tacked on a 3 nighter for a B2B, staying in the same suite for both cruises. I don't consider the Suite "perks" to be of any real value to me on Carnival but the extra space will be nice.

I also saw them throwing around some cheap interline deals today - the Luminosa cruises must be super low on bookings! So many cabins available on school hols. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Thanks to all for throwing suggestions at me and for keeping me motivated to search for a deal!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mum and son said:

Ok everyone. Quick update. I finally found a deal that worked for me. It was nothing like the prices that were being thrown around this page, but it was better than what I'd been seeing before. Managed to book a 7 nighter on the Luminosa in January in an Ocean Suite for under $900pp. I then tacked on a 3 nighter for a B2B, staying in the same suite for both cruises. I don't consider the Suite "perks" to be of any real value to me on Carnival but the extra space will be nice.

I also saw them throwing around some cheap interline deals today - the Luminosa cruises must be super low on bookings! So many cabins available on school hols. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

Thanks to all for throwing suggestions at me and for keeping me motivated to search for a deal!

Well done.

There are no suite perks on Carnival are there? Just the bigger cabin and priority boarding, or have they added some extra perks now?

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Well done.

There are no suite perks on Carnival are there? Just the bigger cabin and priority boarding, or have they added some extra perks now?

Nope, no suite perks as such. Priority embarkation and disembarkation, guaranteed choice of dining time I think. A minimal amount of laundry and 2 free bottles of water in the cabin... not per day, just 2 in total. Wahoooooo! 🙃

• Like 1