El Cheapo Cruises Thread

18 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

As a cruising beginner, I'd appreciate advice from experienced cruisers on which cruise lines do offer solo discounts sometimes.

• Hurtigruten 
  • Noble-caledonia.co.uk (small ships - if you subscribe to them, they send you special offers of no single supplement, when there are unsold cabins on their ships)
  • coral expeditions.com (occasionally have special offers for customers registered with them).  Did Cairns to Darwin with them this year. 
  • I only cruise "no single supplement" now, because land travel is better value for singles.  I have something on each month from January to May and only a bus tour charges a small amount extra for a single.  Why cruiselines think it is OK to charge double for singles is beyond me, if they are not heavily booked. 

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:
  • Hurtigruten 
  • Noble-caledonia.co.uk (small ships - if you subscribe to them, they send you special offers of no single supplement, when there are unsold cabins on their ships)
  • coral expeditions.com (occasionally have special offers for customers registered with them).  Did Cairns to Darwin with them this year. 
  • I only cruise "no single supplement" now, because land travel is better value for singles.  I have something on each month from January to May and only a bus tour charges a small amount extra for a single.  Why cruiselines think it is OK to charge double for singles is beyond me, if they are not heavily booked. 

I have been Looking at Princess for Majestic Princess NZ cruise, 25 Nov. to 8 Dec.They want $5092 for the cheapest balcony as a solo. They have to be joking, that is just on $400 a day OMG !!!!🤢

Edited by NSWP

great deal on  new to  P@ O pacific adventure outta sydney next monday

4 nights morton island

$399 balcony gt.

i payed $429 on special previously ,so this is extra good,

ive been 3 times this year morton isd,and the mrs will

cruisifyxxx me if i book again...ha get it,cruisify...

Edited by challis
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, challis said:

great deal on  new to  P@ O pacific adventure outta sydney next monday

4 nights morton island

$399 balcony gt.

i payed $429 on special previously ,so this is extra good,

ive been 3 times this year morton isd,and the mrs will

cruisifyxxx me if i book again...ha get it,cruisify...

3 times this year, was that not boring doing the same route.? Go hither and explore young man.

The world is your oyster.😁 Just do not get 'Crucified' by your spouse. It hurts.lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

3 times this year, was that not boring doing the same route.? Go hither and explore young man.

The world is your oyster.😁

Never boring nswp

i luv every minute,i m a old sailor

,looking at the swell direction,clouds,wind,coastline of nsw,and you get mobile reception from shore 80% of the syd-morton is. trip makes it easy as,actually i would go on this deal,but im going tasmania 28 nov on adventure.allways grab a cheap deal ,priceless

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The world is your oyster.😁 Just do not get 'Crucified' by your spouse. It hurts.lol.

Hearing about all these cruisers cruising to Moreton Island from down south, I'm thinking I should take the ferry across for a few days.  Trouble is water is still too cold for Queenslanders. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I have been Looking at Princess for Majestic Princess NZ cruise, 25 Nov. to 8 Dec.They want $5092 for the cheapest balcony as a solo. They have to be joking, that is just on $400 a day OMG !!!!🤢

I don't think that price is that bad, remember it is solo.    A Northern Explorer on Majestic (a fairly popular cruise) for 15 days is not half that price each in a balcony.   However, I want to go after 3 years of nothing and so I am paying it.   Don't forget everything is so booked out.   Even if you go on Coral for 10 days doing West Australia (Perth to Perth) is $3000 for 10 days each in a balcony.    As you would say, go young Les.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Just booked Majestic P  13 days NZ and back for $1097pp  direct with Princes as ALL the TA sites asked Contact us  or  SOLD OUT

Inside cabin, gty, not for me, I could get one of those for $1900 but cannot handle an inside. Tried it once, like being in prison, lol.

2 hours ago, Rassa said:

I don't think that price is that bad, remember it is solo.    A Northern Explorer on Majestic (a fairly popular cruise) for 15 days is not half that price each in a balcony.   However, I want to go after 3 years of nothing and so I am paying it.   Don't forget everything is so booked out.   Even if you go on Coral for 10 days doing West Australia (Perth to Perth) is $3000 for 10 days each in a balcony.    As you would say, go young Les.

Too expensive, no value and not worth it. Sorry. Done Northern Explorer in 2009 with my late wife on Sun Princess. Reason why prices so high on domestic and nz cruises is it appeals to those who dont want to fly. So Princess jacks up the price.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Too expensive, no value and not worth it. Sorry. Done Northern Explorer in 2009 with my late wife on Sun Princess. Reason why prices so high on domestic and nz cruises is it appeals to those who dont want to fly. So Princess jacks up the price.

I don't like the way  Around Australia cruises rush around Australia (eg Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, etc.)  I have seen better itineraries "Around Australia" with lots of interesting ports, by small ships, but so expensive.  When they introduced Around Australia cruises I didn't think they would take off, but they did.  So different to the road trips around Australia by the grey nomads and now younger families.  

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

I don't like the way  Around Australia cruises rush around Australia (eg Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, etc.)  I have seen better itineraries "Around Australia" with lots of interesting ports, by small ships, but so expensive.  When they introduced Around Australia cruises I didn't think they would take off, but they did.  So different to the road trips around Australia by the grey nomads and now younger families.  

As I said they appeal to those who dont wish to fly or dont have passports.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Inside cabin, gty, not for me, I could get one of those for $1900 but cannot handle an inside. Tried it once, like being in prison, lol.

And if you contracted covid on Majestic and were stuck in iso it would be like being in solitary confinement, no view, no fresh air…Nooooo

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Not like prison at all because you can open the door to freedom 😁

No, they barricade the door with a table, if you escape the covid police will get you, lol.

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Around Australia cruises has often gone via Benoa so the passengers have to have passports.

Dont know why, Benoa and Bali are not my style. Markets and temples and motor bikes, lol.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

When my friend lived in Perth, she said it was cheaper to go to Bali than to go East.

And a lot of Indonesians own properties in Perth, including a couple of hotels.

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

Inside cabins great for sleeping. I dont mind them when they baragin basement prices.

• Like 3