El Cheapo Cruises Thread

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I suspected that was the case as I knew of someone who got a free cruise in the USA, because she liked to gamble and lived close to where cruises departed.

Not just close to the terminal. The P&O players club is only local cruising, but I have friends that get offers from the respective Royal Caribbean & Carnival clubs, where they could cruise cheaply in the Caribbean and Alaska. Usually they stick close to home though, due to the added cost of airfares.

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I meant that was my observation, as she could leave home for the cruise terminal, at short notice.  Most Americans only get a fortnight holiday!

Right, I wish it was a little closer, I’m about 3 hours, but far better than flying to Sydney. Cruising from Adelaide is looking like a good option too. It’s only a little further and the cruises to WA look appealing, I need warm weather.

2 minutes ago, madnsneaky said:

Right, I wish it was a little closer, I’m about 3 hours, but far better than flying to Sydney. Cruising from Adelaide is looking like a good option too. It’s only a little further and the cruises to WA look appealing, I need warm weather.

Don't we all.  Sydney is cold and wet in October.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess currently has some super deals for cruises leaving from Melbourne. I got an email from the 1st TA.

They are great deals for those in Melbourne.  We got the same specials but from an Oz TA

Some from Brisbane would be good.

31 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

They are great deals for those in Melbourne.  We got the same specials but from an Oz TA

Some from Brisbane would be good.

Carnival had some super duper from Brisbane just recently and the solos were even better than twin prices

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Carnival had some super duper from Brisbane just recently and the solos were even better than twin prices

I’m not sure how DW would feel about seperate cabins. She might appreciate it depending on my snoring. She insists that SHE only snores if there’s someone else in the room!

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

I’m not sure how DW would feel about seperate cabins. She might appreciate it depending on my snoring. She insists that SHE only snores if there’s someone else in the room!

Well it's true. We are on the first Luminosa cruise (6th Nov) and my married friends DID booked two separate cabins lol. They will have a spare cabin (Interior with a window) and stay in the other one (balcony). This way they got two lots of Bonus OBC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Well it's true. We are on the first Luminosa cruise (6th Nov) and my married friends DID booked two separate cabins lol. They will have a spare cabin (Interior with a window) and stay in the other one (balcony). This way they got two lots of Bonus OBC.

Good one and if they have a domestic they have separate bedrooms, lol.

17 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

Two bathrooms!!! Are the cabins near by?

20 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Good price on the Coral Princess 11nights 26th January 2023 to PNG

$1099 inside twin guarantee

$1900 inside solo guarantee 

Further to my post I forgot to add oceanview & balcony prices

$1166 oceanview twin

$2034 oceanview solo

$1199 balcony twin 

$2100 balcony solo

these are all guarantees 

direct from Princess site

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

Further to my post I forgot to add oceanview & balcony prices

$1166 oceanview twin

$2034 oceanview solo

$1199 balcony twin 

$2100 balcony solo

these are all guarantees 

direct from Princess site

Reasonable prices, but you have to get to Brisvegas.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkmw said:

Good price on the Coral Princess 11nights 26th January 2023 to PNG

$1099 inside twin guarantee

$1900 inside solo guarantee 

That's because it's a horrible time of year to go north, most Queenslanders would not bother. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joejoe 59 said:

That's because it's a horrible time of year to go north, most Queenslanders would not bother. 

Agree, stinking hot, unbearable humidity.

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

When we did this cruise on Golden Princess it was September & there were so many people complaining on how humid it was, they were the southeners😆 

When we did QM2, Sydney to HK in 2017. Most of ship's pax were Brits doing the worldie. So it was late Feb when we arrived in Brisbane and Airlie Beach, most Brits never got out of the a/c on the ship.  It was really hot and humid.  The tenders from the ship to Airlie were near empty due to the heat.  I will be up at my sister's place at Currumbin for a week at Christmas, thank god she has a/c, lol.

My eldest grandaughter is a Vet in Townsville, even though she went to JCU in Townsvegas for 5 years, she still has trouble coping with the heat, handling the big animals outside in that heat and humidity is hard work.

Edited by NSWP

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

When we did QM2, Sydney to HK in 2017. Most of ship's pax were Brits doing the worldie. So it was late Feb when we arrived in Brisbane and Airlie Beach, most Brits never got out of the a/c on the ship.  It was really hot and humid.  The tenders from the ship to Airlie were near empty due to the heat.  I will be up at my sister's place at Currumbin for a week at Christmas, thank god she has a/c, lol.

Thank goodness for aircon is all I say. 

30 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

Us QLD people we can handle the heat, if you go to NZ in January it can be cold too so not much difference