El Cheapo Cruises Thread

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

After the current issues on board with lurgy, 12 night cruises might be curtailed for a while.. We shall see. The Kiwis may not want the ship in.😢

For the August visit, it will depend on the numbers aboard, and they could always insist on a gangway RAT to cover themselves for the day, as it is only a single day visit. Would be a different deal later in the year for the cruises with multiple NZ stops.

• 2 weeks later...

An update on prices for the first OZ overseas cruise since the resumption. Yes, pretty close to pack n go.

Pacific Explorer

8th August, 12 nights - Auckland + two Fiji ports

$829pp twin inside

$1029pp  twin outside

$1229pp twin balcony

• Like 4

On the recent flash sale for P&O  they said book by ??  whch I did and they would double the obc to $300  This has not come through and neither the TA nor P&O will confirm it   I do not have a note of the sale details nor is it now available on web  if anyone booked with this sale and got the double obc or has a screen shot the offers for the last flash sale  PLEASE  can you assist me

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

if anyone booked with this sale and got the double obc or has a screen shot the offers for the last flash sale  PLEASE  can you assist me

This is the last sale they had with $300 onboard credit that ended on the 2nd of August.

Screenshot 2022-08-04 190514.png

A certain on-line cruise agent in Oz is offering 10 nights on Pacific Explorer from Sydney to Qld on the 5th Sep for $665pp Inside, $763 Obstructed Window and $984 for Balcony.

If you believe that PNG will open up, they also have a 10 night cruise from Brisbane on the 19th Nov for $738 Inside, $935 Obstructed Window and $1378 for a Mini-suite.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

A certain on-line cruise agent in Oz is offering 10 nights on Pacific Explorer from Sydney to Qld on the 5th Sep for $665pp Inside, $763 Obstructed Window and $984 for Balcony.

If you believe that PNG will open up, they also have a 10 night cruise from Brisbane on the 19th Nov for $738 Inside, $935 Obstructed Window and $1378 for a Mini-suite.

Twin or quad?

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

the same site also has good prices on 7 nights to North Qld out of Brisbane on 10th September. $522 interior, $590 obstructed oceanview, $813 balcony. Prices are per person, twin share. 

23 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

LOL. 

BTW the 22nd August Coral Cruise you want to B2B with is on sale too. 

Thanks again Cilla.

It seems that the prices cant get any lower. The deal is with the plus fare which is nominally a package of $280 each, and there are port charges/taxes of $285 each. So the advertised fare includes that $565pp, leaving them with $100pp per night for an inside up to $150 per night for a mini. I hadn't factored the port charges/taxes being so high in considering what a RAT and GO price could be.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, Sparky74 said:

Princess have some good prices on their "drop and go fares" for cruises sailing in the next couple of months. 

I looked at them. Nah. Not interested in them.  I want something out of Melbourne and pickings are slim.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I looked at them. Nah. Not interested in them.  I want something out of Melbourne and pickings are slim.

Yeah the first few cruises from Melbourne have been sold out for ages so there won't be any bargains for us Mexicans.

The only "bargain" cruise that I have seen is the New Zealand one sometime in November added by P&O when they revised their cruise start up time.  Unfortunately it clashes with my Princess cruises which have been booked and moved around for the past couple of Covid years.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally Princess has some deals that suit my budget. 

I booked 13 nights to NZ from Melbourne inside $1299 pp. I booked the 8 March 2023 cruise, but for those who like to cruise over the Xmas break they had the same pricing inside $1299 pp or oceanview $1599 pp leaving 21 December 2022 from Melbourne.

Princess not open to apply my FCC. So I call them on Monday .

Found these deals directly on the Princess website.

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Are you sure those aren't somehow US prices? I just looked at the Princess site and the 21/12/22 cruise shows as $2878 and the 08/03/23 as $2368.

If not, grab them. 😃

Definatley in AUD as I got my booking confirmation. 

image.thumb.png.c17542dc9639eb06b61f56e007cf4f4f.png