El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Yeah spoiled it somewhat......mind you i can hold my own when it comes to a certain "look at me" wannabee..... :D:eek::D:D was ready with figures to show just how much one CAN save by not booking his "bargain" fly-cruise-stay package.......i left the group and like you will stick to posting here :)

I thought the concept of the group was great. However, when it becomes about agents cherry picking deals found by cruisers and offering maybe $10 off etc to get the business. I shake my head.

I'm probably going to leave the group too.

GUT - Yeap.

Edited by icat2000

I thought the concept of the group was great. However, when it becomes about agents cherry picking deals found by cruisers and offering maybe $10 off etc to get the business. I shake my head.

GUT - Yeap.

I think I'll just continue keeping an eye on both sites, I really don't have any time free to book any cruises at the moment, but will be booking on board on radiance in January ( for 2018) so will keep an eye out for any special deals until then

Yes. That sale in mid 2015 was great. I check both sites out and have booked with one of the TA's that frequent the site. I actually booked on board and transfered the booking. They knew knocked around $100 off the price on a $3000 cruise fare so I will give them some more business.

This is still my go to site though. I get a little annoyed with how the TA's on the FB site make out that things are a great deal when they really are just normal price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

i just got a quote off the FB site its $100 cheaper than booking direct but are they good, they reckon they honour price drops and dont charge credit card fees but if you have to cancel out how much would they take

i had to cancel out from a direct booking with RCI and got my deposit back in 7 days, princess is good to but p&o are very slow in getting refunds back

Ship Name: Diamond Princess Cruise Code: M606 Departure Date: Tuesday, 16 February 2016 Cruise Name: Sydney to Auckland Nights: 15 Departing: Sydney

From $1499 pp (inside)

24 February 2016

14 Nights

Dawn Princess

Twin From $1149 pp (inside)

Quad From $919 pp

Aussie & Kiwi Quest $4,799.00 inside guarantee pp

29 night Sydney roundtrip cruise onboard Azamara Quest.

For sale until: 11 January 2016

Destinations: Australia , New Zealand

Embarkation Port: Sydney, Australia

Duration: 29 nights

Cruise Departure Date: 15 Jan 2016

GUT - Yeap.

There was one agent offering a 'free lanyard' with the booking. Most agents will automatically give you a lanyard when you book.

ICat, I can only see 16 nights on it ???!!!

ICat, I can only see 16 nights on it ???!!!

That site your looking at doesn't have it. I checked. Its another site. :D

This is the itinerary:

DAY PORT ARR DEP

15 Jan 16 Sydney, Australia Embark

16 Jan 16 Sydney, Australia 5pm

17 Jan 16 At Sea

18 Jan 16 Melbourne, Australia 8am 9pm

19 Jan 16 At Sea

20 Jan 16 Hobart, Tasmania 6.30pm o/night

20 Jan 16 Port Arthur, Tasmania 7am 1pm

21 Jan 16 Hobart, Tasmania 6pm

22 Jan 16 At Sea

23 Jan 16 At Sea

24 Jan 16 Milford Sound, New Zealand 7am 10am

25 Jan 16 Dunedin, New Zealand 10am 7.30pm

26 Jan 16 Akaroa, New Zealand 9am 7pm

27 Jan 16 Picton, New Zealand 11am 7pm

28 Jan 16 Napier, New Zealand 1pm 7pm

29 Jan 16 Tauranga, New Zealand 5pm o/night

30 Jan 16 Tauranga, New Zealand 6pm

31 Jan 16 Auckland, New Zealand 7am Disembark

31 Jan 16 Auckland, New Zealand Embark 8pm

01 Feb 16 Bay Of Islands, New Zealand 8am 6.30pm

02 Feb 16 Tauranga, New Zealand 9am 7pm

03 Feb 16 Napier, New Zealand 2pm 9pm

04 Feb 16 Wellington, New Zealand 12pm o/night

05 Feb 16 Wellington, New Zealand 10pm

06 Feb 16 Picton, New Zealand 7am 4pm

07 Feb 16 Akaroa, New Zealand 8am 7pm

08 Feb 16 Dunedin, New Zealand 9am 7pm

09 Feb 16 Milford Sound, New Zealand 6pm 10pm

10 Feb 16 At Sea

11 Feb 16 At Sea

12 Feb 16 Sydney, Australia 7pm o/night

13 Feb 16 Sydney, Australia Disembark

Edited by icat2000

There was one agent offering a 'free lanyard' with the booking. Most agents will automatically give you a lanyard when you book.

I see the admin just clarified what the group is for i.e any great deal. Very broad scope that.

I will not wear the lanyards as I don't like walking around like a free advertising board. When I get a new car the sticker on the back window comes off also. Want me to advertise your product, pay for the space.

I saw that also Sarah, very broad. Thanks for coming on here with your deals :)

Edited by goodycruising

I will not wear the lanyards as I don't like walking around like a free advertising board. When I get a new car the sticker on the back window comes off also. Want me to advertise your product, pay for the space.

I saw that also Sarah, very broad. Thanks for coming on here with your deals :)

I like wearing lanyards but I want it to be something I like ie loving diamonte lanyards but not some company lanyard.

It's a little suspect when one agent seems to be getting special treatment on some social media private groups.

I have heard of agents giving extra obc to Admins.....I hope this not the case in this case.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I would hope that would be not the case. But that is always the risk and temptation when you allow agents to essentially advertise and accesss a large group of people for free.

This cruise has been floating around for awhile. But it seems to be dropping down in price.

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel

Cruise Code: J608N

Departure Date: Saturday, 13 February 2016

Cruise Name: Melbourne to Sydney

Nights: 2

Departing: Melbourne

Inside from $166 pp Obstructed cabin or $222 pp balcony.

Fremantle to Sydney

12 March 2016

16 Nights

Radiance Of The Seas

Twin From $1449 pp inside $1739 pp oceanview

Quad From $1863 pp

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas

Cruise Code: EX22APR17

Departure Date: Saturday, 22 April 2017

Cruise Name: Sydney to Seattle

Nights: 23

Departing: Sydney - Australia

$2090 pp inside,

Edited by icat2000

I am also a member on the face book page and like others have said some of the agents are not that great with the deals, some seem to be advertising some quite odd things one poor lady booked with one of the agents after them telling her no cancellation fees, she had to cancel and lo and behold $300 fee to cancel, she still had email with confirmation that no fee so got it sorted in the end

Personally I still prefer to book through the cruise line as I have had to cancel three RCI cruises and got the deposits back on all of them:)

I think its up to each person to check and make sure that the deal is a deal and still look around to make sure they are getting the most band for there buck

I am also a member on the face book page and like others have said some of the agents are not that great with the deals, some seem to be advertising some quite odd things one poor lady booked with one of the agents after them telling her no cancellation fees, she had to cancel and lo and behold $300 fee to cancel, she still had email with confirmation that no fee so got it sorted in the end

Personally I still prefer to book through the cruise line as I have had to cancel three RCI cruises and got the deposits back on all of them:)

I think its up to each person to check and make sure that the deal is a deal and still look around to make sure they are getting the most band for there buck

I didn't realise you could get deposit back if you book direct with the cruise line? Always thought that booking in Australia, deposit is non refundable? That's great if that is the case... I often used to book through a US agent for that very reason, in case I needed to cancel or change a date etc, but now I don't as with the Aus Dollar declining it's more expensive.

I didn't realise you could get deposit back if you book direct with the cruise line? Always thought that booking in Australia, deposit is non refundable? That's great if that is the case... I often used to book through a US agent for that very reason, in case I needed to cancel or change a date etc, but now I don't as with the Aus Dollar declining it's more expensive.

It will vary line by line, mainly based on how far out from sailing date you are.

So I assume if you can with RCI, you should be able to with Celebrity as well. But I also assume that the first rule of thumb should be never assume anything :D

Check the web site.

It comes down to the length of the cruise and how far out you cancel. Princess for example give a full refund if you cancel 181 days out on cruise 7 days or more, or if you cancel 60+ days out on shorter cruises.

Just saw a fabulous deal on a big Oz cruise site..

Pacific Princess

18 night Sydney to Hong Hong departing 12 Feb

Balcony BE - $1495 each (yes 1495... That is not a typo!,)

Plus $100 OBC

Killer deal!!!

Another deal for the same cruise on the same website.....

Oceanview OF - $1280 each

Plus $100 OBC.

Unfortunately, the Balcony deal has gone but this is a good one as well.

That a great deal Fletch. Wasn't there yesterday. Pays to kept checking. They probably only have a couple of cabins they want to shift at that price.

Solo price is $2190.82

Balcony price for solo is $2620

Sometimes you have to click on the price and it changes.

This is what I'm getting when I go to click on balcony price for twin share

Your cruise details

Ship: Pacific Princess Cabin Code: BE

Cruise Code: K604 Cabin Type: Oceanview with Balcony

Departing: Sydney Total Cabin Onboard Credit: $100.00

Departure Date: 12/02/2016

Nights: 18

Your cost summary and payment information

Your Cabin Fare: $2989.33 Deposit Amount

(Per Person): $1494.67

Edited by icat2000