Mojito with Diamond Drink Voucher

The drink vouchers are good between 5:30pm-8:30pm, so if your sail away is between those times, you can use them.

I hope we can get some fancier drinks with them....do you think pouting would work...LOL...:p:D

I think the time frame is 4:30pm-8pm. That was the allotment when I was on Freedom earlier this month.

I think the time frame is 4:30pm-8pm. That was the allotment when I was on Freedom earlier this month.

I may be. I always thought they were valid during the Diamond and Up Lounge hours which have always been 5:00-8:30 or so on any of my cruises. I guess it's up to the individual ship.

But I'm glad to read that tipping increases the drink menu selection...:p

BTW...what's the standard tip when tipping per drink like this? I've never had drink vouchers on any cruise and just tipped at the end in the DL on my cruises.

The drink vouchers are good between 5:30pm-8:30pm, so if your sail away is between those times, you can use them.

:D

The times differ a bit on Navigator since MDR dining is at 5:30 and 8:00 - the lounges open earlier at 4:30.:) On our May 25 cruise they were not yet using vouchers, so it'll be interesting to see how crowded the lounges are if we have them this time.

Judy

The times differ a bit on Navigator since MDR dining is at 5:30 and 8:00 - the lounges open earlier at 4:30.:) On our May 25 cruise they were not yet using vouchers, so it'll be interesting to see how crowded the lounges are if we have them this time.

Judy

Yes, the hours are supposed to align with the MDR seating times. On Freedom and Grandeur, the first seating is 5:30 so Happy Hour (!) starts at 4:30. When main seating is 6, booze time starts at 5.

I *think* that the Explorer is one ship that deviates from that model. Well, ONE ship does, and someone corrected me earlier this week.

:)

When I was on the Indy in April I was NOT ALLOWED to use the Diamond Voucher for a Bahama Mama's at the pool bar during the allotted time. The bartender shoved a paper at me listing what alcohol could be ordered and in not uncertain terms was I allowed to order the Bahama Mama (which was also the Drink of the Day). Needless to say I never visited that bar for the rest of the cruise while that particular bartender was there.

Have to always keep in mind that it isn't part of the list. So some will and some won't. Just find the wills and you're in business. ;)

Either way though I won't hold it against the won'ts. They're just doing their job. And that's Kool. :cool:

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Good question about the Mojito.

I've seen a list of liquors allowed, but they should also list availability of popular cocktails.

Its been my understanding that they will do drinks with "common mixers", so why not a Mojito? We've had a hassle on a few ships with Bloody Mary, but don't know why.

For those who have used the new Diamond Drink Voucher program.... have you been able to order a Mojito using one of the free vouchers?

Thanks

Not able to use for Cocktails. Although exceptions have been known to be made.

Edited by Folk Singer

Good question about the Mojito.

I've seen a list of liquors allowed, but they should also list availability of popular cocktails.

Its been my understanding that they will do drinks with "common mixers", so why not a Mojito? We've had a hassle on a few ships with Bloody Mary, but don't know why.

Something to do with crushing the mint, I've been told.

When I was on the Indy in April I was NOT ALLOWED to use the Diamond Voucher for a Bahama Mama's at the pool bar during the allotted time. The bartender shoved a paper at me listing what alcohol could be ordered and in not uncertain terms was I allowed to order the Bahama Mama (which was also the Drink of the Day). Needless to say I never visited that bar for the rest of the cruise while that particular bartender was there.

I believe that this bartender was on the Celebrity Constellation last Spring. :rolleyes: I had the same thing happen to me when I ordered a drink from a bar that I had not frequented during the week. I ordered the same drink that I had all week from another bar, using the free beverage package. The bartender shoved the paper at me with a "no!" :eek: I was mortified!

We have had margaritas in the Diamond Lounge so am hoping to get one at a bar with my coupon.

That's my drink! :D

Well, that's because the list is the official list of what D and above are entitled to. Heaven forbid a crew member follow the rules.

There were margaritas in the CL on Navigator on one of our previous cruises this year,don't remember which date. So I am also hopeful of getting a voucher margarita on NOS in two weeks. We have seen lemondrops and cosmos in the CL on almost every ship in recent years, also, a few chocolate martinis and apppletinis. NOS CL was serving Bailey's in May. Hope that is still there!

I had great success using vouchers to get "off menu" requests filled if I tipped as I ordered.

Tipping when ordering helps with a lot of stuff. Sets the "mood". Happy bartender = happy customer.

Edited by ReneeFLL