Back from QE... 1st time Cunard... what a wonderful cruise!!!

ItalianGuest

I had a wonderful time and a real cruise experience.

The Queen Elizabeth is a cruise ship and not a floating village.

The service was outstanding and the ship's design very elegant.

The dress code was not so restrictive and more casual than I thought.

The food was excellent ( and I'm Italian !!! Even the pizza was superb... wow!) and available almost 24 hours a day. The attention to dietary problems was really impressive.

No queue at the buffet and tables always available; the same for the deck chairs.

The ratio space per person is wonderful!

The only negative note was the cabin (balcony), not for the service or the cleanness, but for the layout and the wardrobe with a limited capacity ( almost total absence of shelves ).

THANK YOU CUNARD !!!

I'll sail with this Line again and again!;)

Regards,

ItalianGuest

The food was excellent ( and I'm Italian !!! Even the pizza was superb... wow!) and available almost 24 hours a day. The attention to dietary problems was really impressive.

No queue at the buffet and tables always available; the same for the deck chairs.

The only negative note was the cabin (balcony), not for the service or the cleanness, but for the layout and the wardrobe with a limited capacity ( almost total absence of shelves ).

THANK YOU CUNARD !!!

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Glad that you enjoyed yourself :)

THANK YOU CUNARD !!! I'll sail with this Line again and again!;)

Regards, ItalianGuest

Great news! Wonderful :) .

So pleased you enjoyed your time on board, the Queen Elizabeth is a superb ship.

Next time why not try the Queen Mary 2, half as big again, with even more space per passenger, covered pool, two theatres, and many drawers in the cabins (;) :)).

Whichever is your choice, have the most fantastic time :)

Thank you so much for reporting back.

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Great news! Wonderful :) .

So pleased you enjoyed your time on board, the Queen Elizabeth is a superb ship.

Next time why not try the Queen Mary 2, half as big again, with more space per passenger, covered pool, two theatres, and many drawers in the cabins (;) :)).

Whichever is your choice, have the most fantastic time :)

Thank you so much for reporting back.

Best wishes,

Hi!

Thank you.

Why not!

I was a bit worried about Cunard but now I'm ready to sail again with them.:)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

THANK YOU CUNARD !!!

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Thank you for reporting back and glad that you enjoyed yourself so much. We love the QE too.

Here's a photo of the shelves on the QV which is the same as on the QE. I think these are adequate and of course there's the extra hanging space under them.

s3cxdy.jpg

Thank you for reporting back and glad that you enjoyed yourself so much. We love the QE too.

Here's a photo of the shelves on the QV which is the same as on the QE. I think these are adequate and of course there's the extra hanging space under them.

s3cxdy.jpg

Thank you.

Yes the wardrobe is the same... probably we're used to bring too much clothes... the hanging space was more than enought but the shelves not... my personal opinion!:)

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Thank you.

Yes the wardrobe is the same... probably we're used to bring too much clothes... the hanging space was more than enought but the shelves not... my personal opinion!:)

Regards,

ItalianGuest

Hello Italian Guest, I am pleased you enjoyed QE. I have done two world cruises on her and I have always managed to get all our clothes into the space available. I agree there are not many shelves but there are two large drawers under the bed where you can store folded garments. Maybe you did not find these? I know a couple on this years world cruise were packing up ready to leave the ship after almost 118 days. I mentioned I had emptied the drawers. She said what drawers? We had gone all the way around the world and she had no realised they were there:)

THANK YOU CUNARD !!!

Regards,

ItalianGuest

What a lovely refreshing change to have a post from someone who appreciates Cunard for what it is, and isn't moaning about anything or everything!

Thank you Italian Guest! May you have many more enjoyable cruises on Cunard ships. 😄

What a lovely refreshing change to have a post from someone who appreciates Cunard for what it is, and isn't moaning about anything or everything!

Thank you Italian Guest! May you have many more enjoyable cruises on Cunard ships. 😄

Well said :) . Thank you.

Hi

Well there may drawers under the beds which were apparently added after numerous complaints about lack of space, but if you are older it is not a simple task to get down on your hands and knees to pull open the drawers. (And why should we have to get down on the floor in the first place?) It is amazing to me that the designers failed in such a crucial area and the so- called remedy so lacking.

Not to be knocking the Queen Victoria or the Queen Elizabeth (Because I am sure I will sailing on both in the future because of all the positives) but another drawback is the very small shower with no shelving to place items. When sailing on these vessels I highly recommend you bring along a shower caddy. Perfect solution!

I really like Cunard Line and will be sailing again on the fabulous Queen Mary on Wednesday. I hope I see you all onboard!

Deck Chair

Hi

Well there may drawers under the beds which were apparently added after numerous complaints about lack of space, but if you are older it is not a simple task to get down on your hands and knees to pull open the drawers. (And why should we have to get down on the floor in the first place?) It is amazing to me that the designers failed in such a crucial area and the so- called remedy so lacking.

Not to be knocking the Queen Victoria or the Queen Elizabeth (Because I am sure I will sailing on both in the future because of all the positives) but another drawback is the very small shower with no shelving to place items. When sailing on these vessels I highly recommend you bring along a shower caddy. Perfect solution!

I really like Cunard Line and will be sailing again on the fabulous Queen Mary on Wednesday. I hope I see you all onboard!

Deck Chair

I'm not sure what type of shower caddy you have in mind but this is a shower on the QV (same on QE).

zv643s.jpg

The QV had extra drawers put into the bedside cabinets. So now there are three (ditto on QE) whereas those on the QM2 only have one drawer.

2w7gzzl.jpg

I have been wondering whether you enjoyed your voyage, ItalianGuest, and was so pleased to find your posting! Thank you for reporting your experience on cruise critic. I wish you many, many, many more pleasant and successful voyages!

Jimmybean

Hello Italian Guest, I am pleased you enjoyed QE. I have done two world cruises on her and I have always managed to get all our clothes into the space available. I agree there are not many shelves but there are two large drawers under the bed where you can store folded garments. Maybe you did not find these? I know a couple on this years world cruise were packing up ready to leave the ship after almost 118 days. I mentioned I had emptied the drawers. She said what drawers? We had gone all the way around the world and she had no realised they were there:)

Thank you maggiemou,

I used them for the big pillows that were on the bed!;)

Regards,

IG

Edited by ItalianGuest

Thank you Italian Guest! May you have many more enjoyable cruises on Cunard ships.

Thank you, you too!:)

So, just out of curiosity, did you "act the part" during formal nights or opt for the buffet? :)

Yes, I did! :D

And on the others evenings, the dress code was not a problem: nice blue jeans with shirt, tie and a jacket were more than fine and I was maybe more elegant than those who were wearing trousers!:)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

Hi!

Thank you.

Why not!

I was a bit worried about Cunard but now I'm ready to sail again with them.:)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

We too enjoyed our recent Cunard cruise on the QV, but felt the lack of storage space. The Future Cruise Director told us that the ship was originally designed without the big drawers under the bed and that they were added after they received so many complaints from passengers on the first cruise when the ship was launched.

Our biggest concern prior to our cruise was being seated with the same people for dinner for the duration of the cruise. We have had some bad table mates in the past and had to change tables. Happily, however, on this past cruise we were at a table for 10 with totally delightful people who really enhanced our enjoyment of the cruise.

Did you purchase Future Cruise Credit? We did and are now looking for a smoking deal on a cruise we can book next year. We are already book on a Med cruise on the QE in November, 2014, and a 31-day South American cruise on The Golden Princess in February and March, 2015, so I am thinking maybe something in April or September. I don't like being away from home in the summer.

Maybe we will meet up with you on a future Cunard cruise someday.

nice blue jeans with shirt, tie and a jacket were more than fine and I was maybe more elegant than those who were wearing trousers!:)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

Many times that is absolutely true. I think the "no jeans" rule is in place for those who don't know the difference between stylish jeans and Levi's. Also, not all men can pull off the "stylish jean" look. My husband is one of them. :)

Many times that is absolutely true. I think the "no jeans" rule is in place for those who don't know the difference between stylish jeans and Levi's. Also, not all men can pull off the "stylish jean" look. My husband is one of them. :)

DH did not wear jeans into the dining room, but did wear them with a very beautifully cut sport coat, as we disembarked. I commented on how very handsome he looked in the outfit.

If a man can wear jeans well, even Levis can look fabulous, but you are quite right that there are some men who look dowdy in any jeans.