what is the benefit of booking your next cruise on board

bena

Hi

can anyone give me some advice please.....

we are due to cruise on the Infinity later this month - if we are interested in booking another cruise on board - what is the benefit???

will we be able to claim any 123 promotions or anything else???

please let me know - as I'm sure there will be something else we will be interested in booking - depending on the incentive to purchase on board - as opposed to later

regards

Good info link here from GIMLETGAL, especially the link to the latest Future Cruises Press Release by Celebrity

The biggest advantages to booking on board now under the new program are:

Evergreen 123GO Program,

And the new OBC offered under Cruise Now

Whether you book aboard or ashore as past Celebrity Cruisers / Captain's Club Members you qualify for Reduced Deposits (up to 50% less) and a one sub-category upgrade from Cat 11 thru A1 (not including C2 to C1). So another words, book an A1 but pay the A2 rate...

* Sub-Category upgrade is dependent on availability of cabins, and not valid on Holiday Sailings. Evergreen 123GO offer not valid on Tranatlantics and "sometimes" on other Celebrity Sailings. Info on both of these exclusions will be clearly stated in affected sailings.

Agree with the others, if you are booking for yourself, than usually buying aboard is a good deal (assuming you have done your research on current available offers that Celebrity is advertising on their website... Including Captain's Club Offers). If you buy aboard, and later want to change your cruise / sailing... Don't cancel... Have Celebrity Phone Rep just transfer your Booking / Reserv Number... As it that which is tied to the offers / deals you made while aboard.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi

can anyone give me some advice please.....

we are due to cruise on the Infinity later this month - if we are interested in booking another cruise on board - what is the benefit???

will we be able to claim any 123 promotions or anything else???

please let me know - as I'm sure there will be something else we will be interested in booking - depending on the incentive to purchase on board - as opposed to later

regards

You will receive an OBC that is only available if you book on board.

Evergreen 123GO Program,

Whether you book aboard or ashore as past Celebrity Cruisers / Captain's Club Members you qualify for Reduced Deposits (up to 50% less) and a one sub-category upgrade from Cat 11 thru A1 (not including C2 to C1). So another words, book an A1 but pay the A2 rate...

* Sub-Category upgrade is dependent on availability of cabins, and not valid on Holiday Sailings. Evergreen 123GO offer not valid on Tranatlantics and "sometimes" on other Celebrity Sailings. Info on both of these exclusions will be clearly stated in affected sailings.

quote]

Is the 123 go offer always available for booking on board? We can't get this locally at the moment - Current UK offer that would apply when I want to book is Up and Away which doesn't interest me.

Gordon

Evergreen 123GO Program,

quote]

Is the 123 go offer always available for booking on board?

Gordon

From what I've read the 'pick your perk' deal is tied to onboard booking ( available indefinitely until they revise their rules) of specific future sailing and survives transfer if you shift your reservation to a different sailing later.

However, you pay current full non-discounted cruise rate. The PYP deal not allowed combined with Sr, Residency, military, group? or Guaranty rates. You have to weigh eligible -$ vs PYP benefit to you. Happy Cruising

From what I've read the 'pick your perk' deal is tied to onboard booking ( available indefinitely until they revise their rules) of specific future sailing and survives transfer if you shift your reservation to a different sailing later.

However, you pay current full non-discounted cruise rate. The PYP deal not allowed combined with Sr, Residency, military, group? or Guaranty rates. You have to weigh eligible -$ vs PYP benefit to you. Happy Cruising

Pick Your Perk is a current land based offer... And not part of the NEWLY Announced Ongoing Onboard Cruise Now / Cruise Later Program.

See the link that GIMLETGAL provided = http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

RE - SLOOP-JOHNBs Post

Evergreen 123GO Program,

--- --- ---

QUESTION:

Is the 123 go offer always available for booking on board? We can't get this locally at the moment - Current UK offer that would apply when I want to book is Up and Away which doesn't interest me.

Gordon

ANSWER:

Yes. Unlike the land based offers that come & go... The NEWLY Announced Cruise Now / Cruise Later Program will remain in place on an ongoing basis... Hence why they have called it the Evergreen 123GO offer so as to distinguish it from any other 123GO offers (ie this one stays true to its colours year-round)

For more info see the link that I provided above to GREYDOG

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Good info link here from GIMLETGAL, especially the link to the latest Future Cruises Press Release by Celebrity

The biggest advantages to booking on board now under the new program are:

Evergreen 123GO Program,

Agree with the others, if you are booking for yourself, than usually buying aboard is a good deal (assuming you have done your research on current available offers that Celebrity is advertising on their website... Including Captain's Club Offers). If you buy aboard, and later want to change your cruise / sailing... Don't cancel... Have Celebrity Phone Rep just transfer your Booking / Reserv Number... As it that which is tied to the offers / deals you made while aboard.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Cheers!

I've booked previously onboard and then transferred my booking to another sailing without losing my 'evergreen' perks. However, if I reserve a cabin for 4 persons for two different sailings/itineraries (e.g. one for May 2015 and one for December 2015) and then the price falls before final payment on the May cruise and we decide to split into two separate cabins rather than all 4 being in one, can I use both reservations for the May cruise (transfer the December and use in May instead)?

Basically, do I need all four passengers to be on the new bookings in the same cabin to qualify for maintaining my perks: is it acceptable to use the two onboard reservations together for the same sailing but have two persons in each cabin instead of the original four? I do realise the pricing would be recalculated at the current rates.

Hope you can understand my scenario :D? Btw, FYI, I book via a US TA so no issues with transferring the bookings ;).

Edited by villauk

Just wondered if there is any benefit from booking a TA on board. Also, is there a way to book and get perks on board this Fall for a TA (2016) that isn't out yet? Someone mentioned booking something else and then transferring. Is that even worth it for a TA?

You will get an OBC for booking on board, $200 for a verandah.

As far as booking a cruise that has not been released, we were on the Eclipse last week and had friends who did this. They were told to book a 2015 cruise and when the 2016 schedule was released they just needed to call up and move their booking. You should receive onboard credit ( for the current cruise I would assume).

As far as the perks go we also booked a cruise onboard.

123go can not be used for any TA or any repositioning cruise ( yes we tried to book Sydney to Hawaii and she said no). I dont think it is a cost issue as the verandah we wanted to book was $3800 each. Funny enough, we booked Hawaii to Vancouver and this is included in the 123go (no idea how since this seems to be a repositioning cruise too).

1. 123go - pick from free grats, free classic alcholic package, onboard credit

2. Onboard credit for the current cruise ( we got $200 for booking a 10 night cruise).

3. Reduced deposits - deposit was $100 each for the 10 night cruise

4. Captains club room upgrade. We were booked in a 1C and given a 1B.

Before going to the future cruise desk we scoped out the prices of cruises and itineraries in the I - lounge. Access to the celebrity website is free and they were super busy in the future cruise room. It made for a quick process knowing the exact cruise and stateroom we wanted to book.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

Edited by xxpinksaltxx

In addition to what others have mentioned you won't feel so bad the last day when walking off the ship because you will know that you have another cruise booked.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

• 4 weeks later...

There are 2 sentences in the On Board booking information that have me puzzled.

Perhaps someone can clarify

" Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking"

I have been thinking of using a TA for a future cruise as she often organizes groups and offers a group rate. When I first read the above, I thought that meant that any perks I get for booking on board, would disappear if I transfer to this particular agent. But then the info. continues by saying that the booking may be converted and applied to a group booking.

To me these sentences seem to contradict themselves. What am I misunderstanding?

There are 2 sentences in the On Board booking information that have me puzzled.

Perhaps someone can clarify

" Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking"

I have been thinking of using a TA for a future cruise as she often organizes groups and offers a group rate. When I first read the above, I thought that meant that any perks I get for booking on board, would disappear if I transfer to this particular agent. But then the info. continues by saying that the booking may be converted and applied to a group booking.

To me these sentences seem to contradict themselves. What am I misunderstanding?

There are two types of groups....and you have no way of finding out what perks stay and what perks go if you join a group other than asking the TA offering the group rate.

Any good reason to book Expedition while on board Silhouette in April? Also any perks to booking with a travel agent as opposed to direct with Celebrity as it seems most everything is included in the price? Looking at Aug 2016. Any thoughts or tips would be appreciated. We are Elite in Capt's club.Thanks!

You will get an OBC for booking on board, $200 for a verandah.

You will receive an OBC that is only available if you book on board.

Just know that if you book your cruise with any type of rate special, that you will not be given the OBC for booking onboard. Happen to us! :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44273288#post44273288

Just know that if you book your cruise with any type of rate special, that you will not be given the OBC for booking onboard. Happen to us! :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44273288#post44273288

Honestly, I have read your previous posts...

I am still pretty sure that you did not get the OBC (essentially Celebrity OBC )... Not because you got a Special Rate for 3rd or 4th Pax

But because you were doing your Onboard Booking from an RCCL Cruise (" Made an onboard booking for a Celebrity Cruise while on the Oasis of the Seas today." )

Have seen this sort of thing in the past here on CC

Even tho RCCL & Celebrity as related... Not all offers (land vs onboard... But especially those offered onboard) are automatically transferable

It lies in the definition of "loyalty"... The best of the onboard loyalty offers are going to be for rebookings on the SAME cruise line you are currently on

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I am still pretty sure that you did not get the OBC (essentially Celebrity OBC )... Not because you got a Special Rate for 3rd or 4th Pax

But because you were doing your Onboard Booking from an RCCL Cruise (" Made an onboard booking for a Celebrity Cruise while on the Oasis of the Seas today." )

Even tho RCCL & Celebrity as related... Not all offers (land vs onboard... But especially those offered onboard) are automatically transferable

It lies in the definition of "loyalty"... The best of the onboard loyalty offers are going to be for rebookings on the SAME cruise line you are currently on

Cheers!

I actually have to disagree with you on this point. Have you ever booked whilst onboard the other line? We have and have obtained exactly the same perks as if we were booking on a ship of the same line.

Where I think the issue was with this booking lies in the combination of promos. For instance, it states that the onboard offer is combinable with one other perk: Iamthesea had the perk of the reduced 3rd passenger (whether he was initially aware of it or not). Now the Captain's Club told him he shouldn't have really had the drinks package and the reason was that the onboard booking perk is OBC plus a choice of free grats or beverage package or extra OBC. Therefore, his perks should have been OBC and his 3rd person reduction (extra 1 perk) and not the drink package plus the 3rd person reduction. He could have had the OBC and drink package, but would have then had to pay full fare for his 3rd guest.

Some are able to obtain all 3 perks when the promo is the 123Go for particular areas e.g. Europe, and the first offer is choose 2 perks from the list (1 offer in total) and then they combine with the OBC for booking onboard (total of 2 perks) ;).

We were also told we could not combine the September Sailaway promo ($300) with our drink package unless we paid full price for all passengers in the cabin (and basically lose the 3rd & 4th pax reduction) - this was booked shoreside, however, the fine print on the future cruise leaflet states only applicable at the non-discounted standard cruise fare. And there lies the answer: if you're not paying full fare for all passengers in the cabin, this may alter the promos you can obtain/combine ;).

I had no problem booking X while on RC and got PYP and onboard booking credit, as well as a Capt Club one-category upgrade.

The current deal of picking 2 for Europe plus the onboard booking credit is the best deal I've ever seen offered. You can get the drinks package, double onboard credits, then transfer to a TA that pays for gratuities etc.

My general advice for someone planning to book a cruise onboard would be to do your homework:

-- If there is a particular promo you wish to take advantage of, find out (here, from your TA, or on the X website) as much as you can about the terms and conditions; read the fine print.

-- When you book, be sure to ask the Future Cruise Consultant how that promo works, with an onboard booking; what's combine-able and what isn't.

-- Get things in writing; that way, if a question/problem arises later on, you have some proof of what you originally agreed to.

And yes, I know -- it really shouldn't be this complicated. But personally, I would rather obsess over the details in advance, than end up disappointed at a later date. :cool:

Cheers!

villauk is correct. ;) It was confirmed through the Captain's Club that the problem was because of the 50% off 3rd rate. ;) I also did receive the CC one category upgrade that amounted to $60. :) Glad to get the Beverage Package versus the OBC. Worth much more!