Why Discounts For EMT/Police/Fire ? ... and not ....

F27TW

Im a carreer firefighter and paramedic and have never gotten the discount.Reason is as stated above they are all first responders going into potentially dangerous environments.Nothing new,there are discounts for several things being first responders.But as stated havent ever seen a dime of a discount on rccl cruises personally.I see you are from new haven,I am a firefighter in east hartford,my wife works in new haven.

Edited by rtazz17

Im a carreer firefighter and paramedic and have never gotten the discount.Reason is as stated above they are all first responders going into potentially dangerous environments.Nothing new,there are discounts for several things being first responders.But as stated havent ever seen a dime of a discount on rccl cruises personally.I see you are from new haven,I am a firefighter in east hartford,my wife works in new haven.

Hey Rtazz ! ... yea I live in NH but work in the O.R. at Milford Hospital

Police and Fire Dept ... OH yes .. no question ... and they should ...

but I'm just curious ... EMTs qualify for a discount but not hospital staff? Why ?

Who knows, but what I see in common for military, police and fire department personnel (including EMTs) is that these are public servants out in the field in perilous situations. Hospital staff (doctors, nurses, etc.) do very admirable work; however, many are employees of private companies, and they are not on the "front line" like those who do qualify for those discounts. If they did extend the discounts to "hospital staff", where does it end? What about staff for clinics? Dental office staff? Plastic surgeons? Chiropractors? Massage Therapists! :D

They do not offer this discount to Police in Australia which you would think they should as this summer we will be having 4 RC ships.

As stated I have yet to ever see a discount even though it is "offered".. I would like to hear if anyone has actually gotten the discount and what state it was,etc.

As stated I have yet to ever see a discount even though it is "offered".. I would like to hear if anyone has actually gotten the discount and what state it was,etc.

Yes, my husband is retired FLE and we have caught a discount twice. They are offered sporadically, and I caught it by checking our cruise weekly. We are from Indiana.

Sherri:)

They do not offer this discount to Police in Australia which you would think they should as this summer we will be having 4 RC ships.

It's only us not even Europe

A home marketing thank you for their people rather than ours

Where is princess etc with theirs for the Australian based ships is more what I would ask

They are permanent here

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really? First responders not only risk their lives daily, work horrible hours but also, in many areas, make far less than a doctor or nurse. If they are offered a small, infrequent discount then yea for them, they deserve our appreciation.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet using Tapatalk

I'm a paramedic been on about 10 cruises none of them in the past qualified for a discount. But I am getting a discount for my dec 2015 anthem of the seas cruise. Go figure a new ship offering discounts. Supply/demand

I'm a paramedic been on about 10 cruises none of them in the past qualified for a discount. But I am getting a discount for my dec 2015 anthem of the seas cruise. Go figure a new ship offering discounts. Supply/demand

That's it

They offer discounts to lure a select market

I was an ambo for 8 years and never even got a discounted meal

In aus though

But I reckon it's a good idea

Wish they would do the discount more for emergency staff

We'll deserved

We finally scored an EMS/firefighter discount.

Our upcoming Canada/ New England cruise "had" a great discount on it.

We got an inside cabin on deck 9 for $459./person for a seven night cruise.

I think it saved us about $200

My wife has 27 years, as an EMT/Firefighter.

I haven't had an inside cabin since our first cruise in 1983.

(I've been spoiled with balcony cabins and Jr. Suites)

Edited by Mark42

For those who have not gotten these discounts, if you go to the RC website and click on search for a cruise, you can click on the law enforcement discount box.

Then hit enter and it shows all the cruises with this discount. Currently 70 of them. Of course the discount may apply to insides and you want a balcony that may not have the discount.

You can do the same thing for 55+ or residency. I look once in a while since it can be interesting to see the savings.

Right now, they have a 4 night Bahamas starting at $109, which I think is a great price point.