Inclusive Drink Packages

btrbill

Anyone know if these are the same prices when you get on the ship...cause now when I look online for my upcoming cruise this Oct...it puts it is $20 plus the 15% gratuity for a 13 day it is $299 for the Royal Replenish Package ...I have alot of shipboard credit coming so didn't know if I should just wait.

I talked to Royal yesterday about the ship credit and the drink package. She suggested I get the package when I get on the ship so the credit can be applied. It would not be applied to the package if I do it beforehand. She also suggested I buy it starting on the second day of the cruise, as the first day its kind of hard, (the liquor package), to use it and have it be worth it. Great advice I think. :p

I talked to Royal yesterday about the ship credit and the drink package. She suggested I get the package when I get on the ship so the credit can be applied. It would not be applied to the package if I do it beforehand. She also suggested I buy it starting on the second day of the cruise, as the first day its kind of hard, (the liquor package), to use it and have it be worth it. Great advice I think. :p

I agree with that advice. Not much reason to buy the packages ahead of time.

As I was trying to figure out the pricing structure change on the drink packages (i.e. gratuities added at checkout) I read the fine print...

The pages for both the Premium and Ultimate package say that Evian water is NOT included :eek: This is a huge change IMO because we enjoyed Evian with our Premium package when on Navigator in May.

Does anyone have recent experience, or more information on this?

Continued...

Specifically, under the "Terms and Conditions" It reads: "Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages."

:confused:

Continued...

Specifically, under the "Terms and Conditions" It reads: "Package does not include room service or in-stateroom purchases, mini bar items, Evian water, canned sodas, bottled juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages."

:confused:

I believe it still includes "still" water which is some other brand than the large Evian bottles that are in your room. Arrowhead or similar.

• 1 month later...
Does Royal Caribbean have a sodas only package?

Yes. $6.50 a day for adults and $4.50 a day for children, has to be purchased for entire cruise (unlike the other Packages which can be purchased later in a sailing and prorated for the number of remaining nights). Only includes fountain soda and souvenir cup, a d on ships that have them, the freestyle machines also.

The pages for both the Premium and Ultimate package say that Evian water is NOT included :eek: This is a huge change IMO because we enjoyed Evian with our Premium package when on Navigator in May.

If you got Evian in May you were lucky. Even in Jan/Feb with our package we got Crystal Geyser, not Evian. Same in October. Though on the last day many venues had completely run out of CG, and one gave us Evian. Then DH was trying to find more CG, found NONE, went to Guest Services to chat with them about it. 5 minutes later (before DH got back to the room and we were on deck 7 off the Centrum on Vision) a manager showed up with 5 of the BIG bottles of Evian as an apology. I tried to refuse half of them (DH and I drink a lot of bottled water but it was the last evening!) and he just kept handing them to me. Big huge exception, though.

Does Royal Caribbean have a sodas only package?

It's called the Refreshment package.

So how closely do they monitor the sharing of these packages? They have to know people will. And I know some here already have. Thoughts?

It's getting harder and harder. The reason why all passengers over 18 in a cabin no longer have to purchase the package is because every bartender in every bar can now see your picture when they scan your card, so you can't borrow a card from another passenger and use it. This is all new since my cruise on Oasis 2 years ago, where I did borrow a card and used it.

If we decided to the Ultimate package, would Hubby be able to get a drink for me if he took both of our cards to a bar or to Starbucks?

Yes, people have reported being able to get two drinks if they present two cards.

First cruise next October all new to me. In the UK at present the all inclusive package on offer includes a classic drinks package and gratuities. My TA has told me I can upgrade the drinks package but only once on board. Does anyone know if I will simply pay the difference or will they add gratuities as well.

First cruise next October all new to me. In the UK at present the all inclusive package on offer includes a classic drinks package and gratuities. My TA has told me I can upgrade the drinks package but only once on board. Does anyone know if I will simply pay the difference or will they add gratuities as well.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

UK pricing is sometimes different than US pricing.

If UK package prices already include gratuties, then you would just pay the difference in package price.

If UK package prices do not include gratuties, the you will pay the difference in the cost of the package, plus 15% of the difference as gratuities.

Edited by clarea

If we bought the Refreshment (the pop and water) package ahead of time and decided to upgrade to the premium package once we got on the ship (probably day 2 or 3 on an 8 day cruise on the IOS), would whoever upgraded us, just do the difference between the two packages? I just don't want to try to do that, and it becoming a big headache! :rolleyes:

If we bought the Refreshment (the pop and water) package ahead of time and decided to upgrade to the premium package once we got on the ship (probably day 2 or 3 on an 8 day cruise on the IOS), would whoever upgraded us, just do the difference between the two packages? I just don't want to try to do that, and it becoming a big headache! :rolleyes:

Yes, they would just charge you the difference between the packages for the remaining days. I'm guessing you would need at least 4 days left on the cruise.

That's why I board at 11:00am...no problem to get my $50 worth on Day 1 :D