Who are the Oceania CDs now?

pacheco18

I am booked on the November 29 Riviera cruise and David Shermet is listed as the CD. If he is no longer with Oceania, it is possible that JR Lustig might be his replacement. JR goes between Regent and Oceania as CD.

I sailed with him over the summer and he does a very good job.

This is purely a guess. I have no facts.

Peggy

I am booked on the November 29 Riviera cruise and David Shermet is listed as the CD. If he is no longer with Oceania, it is possible that JR Lustig might be his replacement. JR goes between Regent and Oceania as CD.

I sailed with him over the summer and he does a very good job.

This is purely a guess. I have no facts.

Peggy

It was established earlier that Mr. Lustig has also resigned his position

Wow with all these resignations I wonder what is happening? We liked David and are curious to learn more from those who sailed with Andy. We are on next weeks TA and think it is far from capacity. Anyone sail on a voyage that was "empty" did you notice any difference in food quality and variety, service?

I really liked Andy & his wife Tammy. He was very conscientious about Trivia(important to us) and was very visible around the ship. He has an excellent speaking voice, very easily understood, then again he's from the same basic area I live in, so I understand Midwestern. Tammy also does a very nice job as Social Hostess.

I doubt if the ship sails empty. Revenue management has ways to fill it.

When JR was a CD on Regent in July, there was a lot of talk that he did not want to be a CD -- instead he wanted to direct entertainment. While we found him to be a wonderful entertainer and friendly on a one on one basis, he was not comfortable in the CD position.

When JR was a CD on Regent in July, there was a lot of talk that he did not want to be a CD -- instead he wanted to direct entertainment. While we found him to be a wonderful entertainer and friendly on a one on one basis, he was not comfortable in the CD position.

IMHO, the Cruise Director Changes have only just begun.

Norwegian has written the job description as that of a ringmaster of the myriad activities that they offer on their mega-ships, while the Oceania's CD's are perforce more social animals, who interact with their passengers on a far more personal basis..

IMHO, the Cruise Director Changes have only just begun.

Norwegian has written the job description as that of a ringmaster of the myriad activities that they offer on their mega-ships, while the Oceania's CD's are perforce more social animals, who interact with their passengers on a far more personal basis..[/quote

Doesn't sound too good:eek:

Leslie Jon is cruise director on Riviera starting today 8 November Monaco.

It would be nice if he were our CD on Nov. 29 on Riviera. We've never sailed with him, but we've heard good things about him.

Joan

We had Dottie on Marina for New Zealand and Australia in 2013, and on Regatta for South America earlier this year. She was phenomenal. Her husband is a comedian and quite funny.

Does anyone know who the CD will be for Nautica in Asia in February-March? While I'd love to have Dottie again, if she's getting off another ship in December, the mandatory vacation will preclude this.

We had Dottie on Marina for New Zealand and Australia in 2013, and on Regatta for South America earlier this year. She was phenomenal. Her husband is a comedian and quite funny.

Does anyone know who the CD will be for Nautica in Asia in February-March? While I'd love to have Dottie again, if she's getting off another ship in December, the mandatory vacation will preclude this.

Dottie is leaving Regatta 12/21

Jancruz1

Our doc's say Leslie Jon will be the CD on the Insignia on Dec. 17th.

I wonder if they would trust Insignia to a "newbie" instead of their tried and true Leslie especially since the World Cruise begins on Insignia after the Amazon sailing.

The was alot of criticism on Nautica when Bob Drewes left (after 3 days) and the ship was left without a CD for most of that cruise.

Our docs had the wrong CD and the wrong GM. It will be interesting to learn who is onboard on November 29th.

Travelcat,

I hadn't heard that we had a different GM on the Nov 29 cruise. Do you have any idea who the new GM will be?

Joan

Are you on the cruise now? According to Jim and Stan we are supposed to have Leslie Jon on the Nov 11 Insignia cruise. Book said J.R.Lustig but he left.

Our docs for the Nov 30th cruise on Insignia also say Leslie John, of course they could be wrong.

I wonder if they would trust Insignia to a "newbie" instead of their tried and true Leslie especially since the World Cruise begins on Insignia after the Amazon sailing.

The was alot of criticism on Nautica when Bob Drewes left (after 3 days) and the ship was left without a CD for most of that cruise.

Unless it's changed Andy Heath is supposed to be the CD for the World Cruise.

Peggy, we will be in port with the Insignia on December 8th - in St. Kitts. The Insignia does not dock until noon -- we get in at 9:00 am.

Joan, unless the schedule has changed since last month, our G.M. will be Yves Segers .

Travelcat, December 8 in St. Kitts looks to be very busy, particularly if another O ship is scheduled to be there with Insignia. The port information is showing over 9000 passengers, with Jewel of the Seas, Summit, Quantum :eek: and Insignia. I was already worried about crowds with just that group of ships.

Travelcat, December 8 in St. Kitts looks to be very busy, particularly if another O ship is scheduled to be there with Insignia. The port information is showing over 9000 passengers, with Jewel of the Seas, Summit, Quantum :eek: and Insignia. I was already worried about crowds with just that group of ships.

You're right -- you must subscribe to CruiseCal too:) What really blew me away is the numbers of ships that will be in port in Miami (both when we depart and when we arrive back on the 13th.) The NCL Getaway alone has 4,000 passengers -- there will also be two Carnival ships and one Celebrity ship (on the 29th).

In any event, it will be interesting to see who the CD will be onboard (not that I will necessarily pay any attention to them). If it is Leslie Jon, we may even go to trivia -- just to see him. His reputation is great!