Who are the Oceania CDs now?

pacheco18

You're right -- you must subscribe to CruiseCal too:) What really blew me away is the numbers of ships that will be in port in Miami (both when we depart and when we arrive back on the 13th.) The NCL Getaway alone has 4,000 passengers -- there will also be two Carnival ships and one Celebrity ship (on the 29th).

In any event, it will be interesting to see who the CD will be onboard (not that I will necessarily pay any attention to them). If it is Leslie Jon, we may even go to trivia -- just to see him. His reputation is great!

You are on Riveria correct? Did they change the itinerary from what was originally listed a while ago...they showed Riviera in St. Kitts on the 9th and Insignia on the 8th? Our blue book has an updated time of arrival as 8 am for Insignia.

IMHO, the Cruise Director Changes have only just begun.

Norwegian has written the job description as that of a ringmaster of the myriad activities that they offer on their mega-ships, while the Oceania's CD's are perforce more social animals, who interact with their passengers on a far more personal basis..[/quote

Doesn't sound too good:eek:

I agree we have 3 cruises booked and depending on how this one goes in a few weeks we may cancel our other cruises on Oceania if NCL meddles too much.

Although I'm looking at a CruiseCal printout (printed a couple of months ago) I could certainly be wrong.

Just checked the website and I am wrong. Not sure if the itinerary switched or ??? Thanks for catching my mistake. Perhaps it is a good thing that my subscription to CruiseCal just expired:-)

P.S. Just looked at my Invoice dated February 5, 2014 and it does show the Riviera in St. Kitts on the 8th so there has been a change. CruiseCal is officially forgiven. There has apparently been a change on Oceania's end.

Edited by Travelcat2

Although I'm looking at a CruiseCal printout (printed a couple of months ago) I could certainly be wrong.

Just checked the website and I am wrong. Not sure if the itinerary switched or ??? Thanks for catching my mistake. Perhaps it is a good thing that my subscription to CruiseCal just expired:-)

P.S. Just looked at my Invoice dated February 5, 2014 and it does show the Riviera in St. Kitts on the 8th so there has been a change. CruiseCal is officially forgiven. There has apparently been a change on Oceania's end.

Consider yourself lucky that you won't be there on the 8th. Riviera would have pushed the passenger count over 100000.

I did see an on line TA list Riviera on the 8th in Nevis....but they might not have updated for the itinerary change.

I don't have a subscription to any port site. I just go to cruisett.com and have found it to be very reliable. Just an FYI especially if you are paying out of pocket.

I have a feeling that Mr. Lustig's opinions about being a cruise Director may have changed.

He resigned his position with Oceania, about a month ago.

Sorry to read of this. We've sailed with him several times - including an early transatlantic when he was acting CD - and found him to be one of the kindest persons we've encountered anywhere.

We wish him well!

Edited by kwarner

• 2 weeks later...

So that was the situation with Corey Powell. We suffered through his first CD assignment. He really struggled with the announcements-really stumbled a lot. However, we did not meet him personally so I am not commenting on anything but his annouchments (new word).

Does anyone have feedback on the CD who will be on the Nautica from Capetown to Singapore. We are Trivia addicts so a good CD is important. We usually sail on small ships---700 is a bit large---and know how a CD who is around and about can add to the onboard experience. This is our first Oceania cruise and hope it will be up to our friends' recommendations.

Why did they fire Bob Drewes? We met him when he was shadowing Dottie and he was exceptionally nice, very polished. I read a couple good reviews about him on Oceania then he was gone.

He seemed ok to me and was the first cd on Oceania to show up at a meet and greet for CC on Oceania. However 3 days into the cruise Bob left the ship on the Orkney Islands and we were without a CD after that as they just had a lady from the entertainment staff fill in for a week until they could get another CD (Nowlin) I can only speculate why Bob left as the rumors were flying all over the ship.

Does anyone know if the OP pacheco18 is ok? I don't see her user name in the members list?

Not sure what members list you're looking at but, her user ID is active. Laraine is just fine; corresponded with her a couple of weeks ago Hoping she will be back on the boards soon.

Leslie Jon is on the Riviera at the moment. I believe he embarked a couple of weeks ago. I'm posting this as there have been conflicting reports as to where he is or will be.

Just got off the Riviera....he was onboard and apparently, will be on the Riviera for the next while.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app