Veranda vs Concierge Class

Sparky74

Can some explain the difference between a Veranda stateroom and Concierge Class?

Is there any difference in the cabin size or is it just a difference in amenities and service? :confused:

I found some information here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2093555 but I'm sailing on Celebrity Century so would like specific information about that ship as I understand it is different to the others in the fleet.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Sparky74

I have never been on the Century so I cannot comment on cabin size.

However, there are amenities for Concierge that are not included in Veranda. There are many threads and comments about whether Concierge Class is worth the extra money. On the M-Class the cabins are larger for Conciege; S-Class they are the same size.

The Celebrity website has a complete list of the amenities. If they don't appeal to you, then it is not worth the money. Some of the amentities are priority boarding, nicer bathrobe, nicer shower head, your choice of pillows (not a 'written pillow menu', but you can ask your room steward for a particular type of pillow [conformance, memory...]).

Note that you do get additional cruise points for Concierge Class (5 x # of nights vs. 3 x # of nights for Veranda). Many people book Concierge for that reason - quicker to the next CC category. :D

My opinion is to look at the difference in price. If it isn't that much ($50-$100 per person?), might be worth it.

Debbi

It is mostly amenities... And location on the ships. As well as the number of Captain's Points earned per night (Concierge Class = 5 ... Veranda = 3)

Celebrity seems to be in the midst of changing their lIst of Amenities in Concierge Class (hence why there is little info theses days in their Brochures & Websites).

But the basic list for each is available on Celebrity's Website for the Century (links below)

On the S-Class Ships room sizes for Verandas & Concierge are identical = 194 Sq Feet

On the M-Class Ships room sizes for Verandas & Concierge are slightly different = 170 Sq Feet vs 191 Sq Feet

On the Century, a C-Class Ship the sizes can vary... Concierge = 175 Sq Feet and Verandas between 170 and 175 Sq Feet

For more info on the Century Staterooms see this spot on the Celebrity Website = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-century#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-century/staterooms

Concierge amenities are listed here:

Conceirge Class = http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-century#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-century/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cn-cc

Personally, Mr Sloop & I like the various perks that comes with Concierge Class (including cabin locations) so we are willing to pay the extra

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thanks for the prompt replies!:D

As soon as I'd posted I thought I should have search the forum first.

I went and did a quick search, came back and edited by original post and BAM! there were already a couple of replies!

I'm looking for specific information about Celebrity Century, if possible.

Thanks.

Sailed on Century in a CC balcony cabin in February 2014. No cabin difference other than location between regular balcony cabin and a CC. You are paying for location and the extra perks (which we wanted to try but now think not really worth the $$). It's up to the individual and price difference as to whether it's worth the extra $$ or not.

I've sailed three times on Century since it was refurbished and once before the refurb. There is no difference in the size of most of the cat 1 and 2 balcony cabins and the C1-C3 cabins. It is just location and amenities.

My main reason for booking CC is for the additional Captains Club points. The bad wine, umbrella and, often stale, afternoon canapes are nothing to miss.

Hint for Century: Do not waste your money on a Century Suite unless you like the idea of a butler. The cabins are small, for a suite, but the aft location is nice, but IMO not worth the price. Also the SV cabins are something, IMO, to stay away from. The worst cabin I ever had was an SV on Century. The noise from the Skybar and the ability for the patrons to look up at your balcony was not enjoyable. Plus, for two days, one of the guide wires for the canopy over the bar was constantly squeaking. On the second day maintenance sprayed some WD-40 on it and it stopped. This was only a few cruises after the refurb.

Also the FV cabins on Century have a weird bed setup. The bed is against the wall so, if there are two of you, one has to climb over the other to get out of bed. Otherwise it's a huge cabin with a great balcony. I would get this over a Century Suite. I sailed without my wife when I had the FV and it was no problem for one person but I could tell it would have been a problem if two of us were in the bed. We had a motorhome with the same bed configuration and that was one of the main reasons we no longer have that motorhome.

Overall I like Century but go with a standard balcony, CC or Sky Suite when booking. Go for the Royal or Penthouse if you can afford it. :)

Take care,

Mike

I have sailed in every type of cabin. Not much difference between veranda and concierge. Go for best price and best location. Often concierge cabins are in poor locations....way forward or way aft. I like midship. Check prices. Sometimes concierge or aqua class are less expensive than a standard veranda. All cabins are nice. Anyone you choose will be fine. Enjoy.

Only reason I picked that was because, on that particular sailing, the CC cabins were cheap. Otherwise, life will be pretty much the same in a regular balcony cabin.

Excellent above summary. It is kind of the "luck" and/or timing for the price difference on a regular balcony versus a CC cabin. If the cost difference is not much, then it might be worth it for a few, somewhat minor "perks" and/or maybe a better location.

Personally, it is not worth paying too much more for this category to us and our wallet. In comparing veranda versus concierge versus Aqua, it will vary much from cruise to cruise, timing when you book, etc., as to that cost difference, value being worth it, etc. Hard to generalize that one is always better or not worth it.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 78,135 views for this fun posting.

Thanks everyone.

We were booked in an Inside Guarantee but because the prices have dropped I was looking at the possibility of a paid upgrade. (It's only 18 days until we sail.) Concierge Class was cheaper than a Veranda Guarantee - go figure. :confused:

We decided it wasn't worth it but did decide to upgrade to an Oceanview Guarantee. Our room assignment has come through and we're in 8236, an aft Veranda! :D:D:D:D

Bring it on!

Thanks everyone.

We were booked in an Inside Guarantee but because the prices have dropped I was looking at the possibility of a paid upgrade. (It's only 18 days until we sail.) Concierge Class was cheaper than a Veranda Guarantee - go figure. :confused:

We decided it wasn't worth it but did decide to upgrade to an Oceanview Guarantee. Our room assignment has come through and we're in 8236, an aft Veranda! :D:D:D:D

Bring it on!

Can't beat that!!

Thanks everyone.

Bring it on!

Congratulations !!

8236 on The Century is a Family Oceanview with Veranda. Back of the ship over the wake. Sweet !!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/cabinguru/deckplanreviews.cfm?ShipID=15&Category=FV

Have a great cruise, one of the last on this Iconic Celebrity Ship... I will be looking for your Trip Report / Review when you return

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I sailed in a concierge class cabin on the Century in February. Only reason I picked that was because, on that particular sailing, the CC cabins were cheap. Otherwise, life will be pretty much the same in a regular balcony cabin.

Me too:D:);)

Wonderful. Enjoy your cruise! Could you please send some of your lucky charms my way? We have a guarantee balcony and we sail in 40 days. We booked 2 weeks ago, maybe that is not long enough for them to assign the cabin but the ship is nearly sold out.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Can some explain the difference between a Veranda stateroom and Concierge Class?

Is there any difference in the cabin size or is it just a difference in amenities and service? :confused:

I found some information here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2093555 but I'm sailing on Celebrity Century so would like specific information about that ship as I understand it is different to the others in the fleet.

Thanks.

Sometimes we book a stateroom with a veranda and other times we book Concierge. It depends on the location and price of the stateroom and what are needs are at that time.