Upsale Offer

atdahop

Would you take an upsale from a mini to a suite for $199 per person for a 4 night cruise?

What would be the benefits?

That's a tough one since some of the benefits that come with a suite you would not get to use like the laundry( not enough days to need laundry) and the embarkation dinner at a specialty restaurant does apply to short cruises. That seems like a great price so if you have never been in a suite and want to see what its like, go for it. Otherwise, save your money for a longer cruise to really enjoy the perks.

We got dinner when we were upgraded to a suite on a 3day last October. We did not get two cruise credits because ours was a free upgrade.

Would you get two cruise credits? If yes, then do it. Can you book another cruise for $199 inc taxes and fees? If no, then do it.

Edited by SadieN

...That seems like a great price so if you have never been in a suite and want to see what its like, go for it...

That's what I am thinking. The cost spread between a balcony or mini and a full suite has always been too great for me to seriously consider it in the past. For $199 pp, though, I would be very tempted to try it.

I probably wouldn't, but I'm notoriously tight with money. Breakfast in Sabatini's isn't worth $50 a day to me, nor are the extra cabin space and other amenities. We could order the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast nearly every day and have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner three nights for that amount--not that I would want to do that either.

I probably will not upgrade. If it were only $200 total, then probably. I will just use the money towards my next cruise. The logical side of me says do not upgrade but I keep thinking when will I ever get an opportunity to experience a suite. If it were a week, ok, then I could really take advantage of the amenities but for a 4 night in reality 3 day, why waste the money.

I appreciate all the advice.

We turned down an upsell from a mini two days ago, a mini you normally have to book a year in advance, to a full suite on a 7 day coastal on the Star next month.

They wanted $500.00 pp. If it were less, a lot less we said we would consider it.

Interesting this was the very first upsell or upgrade offer we have ever had. We started with Princess in 1991, the Crown Princess. We just said no. We always book the cabin we want a long time in advance.:D

We turned down an upsell from a mini two days ago, a mini you normally have to book a year in advance, to a full suite on a 7 day coastal on the Star next month.

They wanted $500.00 pp. If it were less, a lot less we said we would consider it.

Interesting this was the very first upsell or upgrade offer we have ever had. We started with Princess in 1991, the Crown Princess. We just said no. We always book the cabin we want a long time in advance.:D

That's a costly upsell! I think ours was $299 per person for 7 days.

I would do it. I'm booked on a 4 day starting Sunday in a mini and would jump at it. Sabbitinis is a great perk, extra bar set up to cash in for 2 coffee cards and great cabin space to use. Last 4 day I did in a suite, they did include specialty dinner. I already get the laundry perk, but now its same day service in a suite, not next day.

If you are close to Elite, it might be worth it. We took a suite on a 3 day repositioning on Golden from Vancouver to LA and really didn't use the larger room that much (although the jetted tub was nice). But this was the last two credits we needed for Elite. Cost, not upgrade, was around $399 for 3 nights.

We've paid full price for insides, valconies, and both mini's and full suites. I'd do the upgrade if you are going for the purpose to get away and relax. Doing so in a suite is almost like a private cruise.

When we're in a suite we use that as a greater home base: full menu room service, R&R on the balcony, larger cabin/balcony, etc. plus we ansolutely love breakfast in Sabatini's, free laundry (even on a 4 day it means you can pack less which makes traveling easier), priority dining, not to mention the great service you'll experience as they'll know you are suite pax.

And contrary to an earlier poster you cannot do UBB and UBD multiple times for $400 total. Simply check the prices on princess.com and see.

As others have said - if you're wondering about doing a suite in the future it'd be a great way to try it. Just beware - once you experience the suite life it's difficult to go back! We now cruise half as often so we can do a suite cruise when we cruise.

We just took the upgrade for $199/per person on the 4 day Golden out of LA. I emailed my TA and said will do it if it is for 1st / 2nd (we have 4 in a mini-suite). I looked to see what suites were available and two categories were left. Something smaller and Owner's Suite. The charge was just for the first two, and we ended up with the B751 Owner's Suite. For 4 (two small children) it is a great upgrade since our last cruise was a 2-bedroom family suite in the NCL Haven (amazing doesn't describe it, the shower alone . . .) and this was looking like a huge downgrade. The cruise itself was not expensive for a mini, and has $400 OBC.

Looking forward to Sabitini's breakfast, and yeah, we might even use the laundry :-)

The interesting thing is I found one online video and it appears identical to the Dawn Princess mini-suite (bathroom/bedroom setup), but much bigger in the living area and balcony.