Took a few photos of the Crown Princess in San Diego yesterday...

Stockjock

Great shots! We spent Wednesday night on Shelter Island and managed to wake up at 5:45am to catch her arriving. I already posted these on our roll call for the Oct. 18 Crown Hawaii/S.Pacific but will also post them here:

P1040342_zpse67c0944.jpg

P1040347_zps7e3d8bac.jpg

Edited by Kartgv

I work for a major Wall Street firm located near the Port in San Diego. Snapped a couple of pics of the Crown Princess yesterday, while it was visiting San Diego.

10353632_10203694325132542_4574573829197514780_n.jpg?oh=491e9ed72e9a124881951b529ee79028&oe=548B08E5&__gda__=1422993651_ef25e611caec6273e089aa833eac7c9b

1604400_10203694383133992_8807373864163663075_n.jpg?oh=dddf82a7e00ab4dedc31bdad5170c482&oe=548FDCA2&__gda__=1421346248_6464fe04d1ca28a2e4ee634e936de016

1888687_10203694378973888_5413937306567494211_n.jpg?oh=ac0d574a571a501e6f5bc997baf0248a&oe=54BB8EEA&__gda__=1422003669_f63c2cc3fd09221bca61c2ca3b6fab99

Great pictures, I also seen the ship going over the bridge.

I was onboard the Crown out of L.A. on September 20th. We berthed next to the Carnival Imagination or Inspiration in Ensenada and the difference was so remarkable between the two ships.

Princess sure has a lovely product. We had a wonderful time. The crew was some of the best we've ever had at sea.

Thank you Princess for a wonderful week!

I was onboard the Crown out of L.A. on September 20th. We berthed next to the Carnival Imagination or Inspiration in Ensenada and the difference was so remarkable between the two ships.

Princess sure has a lovely product. We had a wonderful time. The crew was some of the best we've ever had at sea.

You can say that again! :)

I believe the ship docked at the usual location with the USS Midway to the left of the ship (if you're facing the ship). Sailing out of SD is my favorite sail away ever.

You can say that again! :)

I believe the ship docked at the usual location with the USS Midway to the left of the ship (if you're facing the ship). Sailing out of SD is my favorite sail away ever.

My very favorite sail away in the ENTIRE WORLD is San Francisco. Nothing and I mean nothing can compete with going under that magnificent Golden Gate Bridge and watching the city lights of SF in the distance.......it's an E-Ticket ride that is never duplicated by anything!

If you've never done it. Do it, just once. It's got to be on everybody's bucket list.

My very favorite sail away in the ENTIRE WORLD is San Francisco. Nothing and I mean nothing can compete with going under that magnificent Golden Gate Bridge and watching the city lights of SF in the distance.......it's an E-Ticket ride that is never duplicated by anything!

If you've never done it. Do it, just once. It's got to be on everybody's bucket list.

Back in 1996 I sailed from San Francisco on the Star Princess & totally agree that sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge was one of my best visual moments on sail-away day. Only wished I had enough time to tour Alcatraz even though I did see it from a distance from the deck of the ship.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Crown Princess.

Been there, done that. Not as impressed as San Diego. I guess different strokes for different folks. Glad I did it though. ;)

Here's more info. on the new Broadway Terminal. Seems it's mainly used for embarkation vs. just a simple port day visit:

http://www.portofsandiego.org/the-port-pavilion-on-broadway-pier.html?utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=portofsandiego

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

I've read other posts that mentioned the newer cruise terminal in San Diego can't accommodate the larger cruise ships as the water isn't deep enough. I don't know the details, but seems strange to invest in a new cruise terminal and not really use it for cruise ships.

Definitely true.....:):):)

Bob

...new san diego cruise terminal was not built for new cruise ships...it was built by port of san diego to accommodate green mini cruise ships that will never exist....too many bongs in town perhaps!

Apparently they haven't been paying attention to the fact that cruise companies are selling off their older small ships and are building new large ships. That is what those bong hits will do to your perception........:cool:

The Imagination.

Hi Roz~~I saw you several times on that cruise, as well as the guy with the big boy--Champ ?? Never saw the chihuaua (SP??) though.

We agree. It was a great cruise with perfect weather. I love SF. :)

Pat

Hi Roz~~I saw you several times on that cruise, as well as the guy with the big boy--Champ ?? Never saw the chihuaua (SP??) though.

We agree. It was a great cruise with perfect weather. I love SF. :)

Pat

Hi Pat, the other fellow's dog's name was "Chase" and the little Chihuaua was more a joke than a Service Dog! She wasn't very happy when we got in the elevator with her. She actually growled at Horton [my Service Dog!], the dog not the lady!

We had a wonderful cruise!

Edited by wizard-of-roz