Specialty Restaurants

Oville

You should be able to go on HAL's website, go to my reservations and book your specialty restaurants now. You have to pay for them immediately with a credit card. We are cruising in December and I booked our restaurant reservations about 7 weeks ago.

You should be able to go on HAL's website, go to my reservations and book your specialty restaurants now. You have to pay for them immediately with a credit card. We are cruising in December and I booked our restaurant reservations about 7 weeks ago.

Thanks, I know how to book them, they simply are unavailable. I'll keep trying.

I called HAL a couple of weeks ago -- I also started a thread here back in the early part of September.

HAL is still in negotiations on getting a new contract signed for Le Cirque.

They told us that bookings for even the Pinnacle and Canaletto will not open until they decide what to do.

And that could be any time between now and the middle of November.

I called HAL a couple of weeks ago -- I also started a thread here back in the early part of September.

HAL is still in negotiations on getting a new contract signed for Le Cirque.

They told us that bookings for even the Pinnacle and Canaletto will not open until they decide what to do.

And that could be any time between now and the middle of November.

Do you know when the Le Cirque contract runs out?

I can tell you that I am sailing on the Maasdam on January 2, 2015. On the evening of October 1, 2014 approx. 90 days before sailing HA opened all there specialty restaurants for booking. I had been checking like you for weeks and I had checked in the morning and they were not available to that evening. I do not know if it is the norm for HA to open their booking 90 days in advance.

bob

What is the advantage to prebooking verses doing so onboard? I often see these restaurants half empty.

Mostly it's about getting the time & date you want. Ironically, the sold out restaurants often look half empty to the untrained eye. And by untrained eye, I mean normal, regular people like me. It's all very mysterious. Perhaps some of the tables and chairs are just props. :)

also with the "exp 4" promo..it's just so much easier to book those extra speciality rest nights you want on-line.

Are you saying those who book exp 4 get priority online booking over those who are shelling out the cash?

We have a Neptune suite booked, will this help at all for booking onboard?

No -- we stay in the PS and Neptune Suites.

One time we looked at the dining room menu and nothing appealed to us.

We asked the concierges if they could get us a Pinnacle reservation for that evening -- all filled up.

I still can't book any specialty dinners for my April cruise. This time last year I had them all booked and paid for.

See my previous post above.

No one can book any specialty restaurants starting with January bookings.

Until they decide whether they are going to sign another contract for Le Cirque, we are all on hold for now.