No more Traditional Dining reservations taken effective January 1, 2015

Loggra

While the website still offers this:

Main Dining Room

Sweeping, multi-level ambience, world-class cuisine and extraordinary personal service from a dedicated wait staff. Our main dining room serves exceptional, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy a new dinner menu each evening in an elegant setting, with two seatings nightly, or choose My Time Dining.

When trying to add someone to our table for 6pm Traditional Dining on our January Liberty of the Seas cruise, we were told effective January 1, 2015 there would be no more Traditional Dining Reservations and therefor we could not link her to us unless Guest Services could help us on the ship.

..:confused::mad::rolleyes:

Not a happy camper, while I love to see so many different dining options I so wish they would keep the 6pm for those of us who love it!

I'm sailing on Liberty in March with late dining. I wonder when they're going to tell us about the change?

I'm in the same boat (PI) and I'm guessing it will be after final payment before we get details.

but the op said she was sailing Liberty?? Im sailing Liberty in july and also have late dining. We personally like traditional dining.

There has been no indication that Dynamic Dining will be put in place on more than a few ships in the RCI fleet, so the information given to the OP is likely incorrect. If, however, only My Time Dining is offered on Liberty, it shouldn't be too difficult to reserve a time which approximates the traditional dining times that some prefer. We were skeptical of the My Time Dining concept when it was first announced but having experienced it and finding that we prefer to eat at times that better fit our schedules than the traditional two sitting times, we have become strong supporters. How well Dynamic Dining will satisfy us is yet to be decided but again, it should be possible to make reservations for times that will meet your requirements.

We were skeptical of the My Time Dining concept when it was first announced

I'm in the same boat, stealing Bob's pun. Speculation on my part, but it kind of sounds like Royal will use the MTD as the bridge (possible pun) to convert people over to the Dynamic Dining concept when it comes to the ship your on.

just got of the phone with diamond plus desk only oasis class and quatum class there wont be tradtion dinng.

Well I guess that pretty much squashes the rumor that DD is coming to Freedom during the January dry dock :(

Someone just posted this message on our roll call, that isn't sailing with us:

"Hi Cruisers: Just thought you'd like a heads up on the fact that as of JAN. 1, 2015, RCI will no longer have "Traditional time dining". You can always make a standing reservation if you like to eat at a particular time every night. Otherwise, you now have flexibility to choose what time you 'feel like eating'', depending on your plans for the evening. We personally stopped doing traditional dining years ago and never went back after the first time of 'my time dining'....

Just thought you would like to know in advance. I read this on RCI CC Board.

Have a great, safe cruise."

We haven't been notified by RCI of this, and we have traditional dining. One of my sisters paid her tips in advance, and the other one chose not to, during final payment last night. She wasn't told that she also had to pay her tips now. We are also paid in full, and not being told to pay our tips. Is this another secret or is it just a rumor that some are spreading?

Edited by A Pisces

I find it interesting that January 1, 2015 is also the date that reservations can be made for DD on the Oasis of the Seas. My guess is customer service just got a little confused..:rolleyes:

Someone just posted this message on our roll call, that isn't sailing with us:

"Hi Cruisers: Just thought you'd like a heads up on the fact that as of JAN. 1, 2015, RCI will no longer have "Traditional time dining". You can always make a standing reservation if you like to eat at a particular time every night. Otherwise, you now have flexibility to choose what time you 'feel like eating'', depending on your plans for the evening. We personally stopped doing traditional dining years ago and never went back after the first time of 'my time dining'....

Just thought you would like to know in advance. I read this on RCI CC Board.

Have a great, safe cruise."

We haven't been notified by RCI of this, and we have traditional dining. One of my sisters paid her tips in advance, and the other one chose not to, during final payment last night. She wasn't told that she also had to pay her tips now. We are also paid in full, and not being told to pay our tips. Is this another secret or is it just a rumor that some are spreading?

Was it this thread that they were referencing? Because this is the only thread I've seen about this?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

While the website still offers this:

Main Dining Room

Sweeping, multi-level ambience, world-class cuisine and extraordinary personal service from a dedicated wait staff. Our main dining room serves exceptional, multi-course meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy a new dinner menu each evening in an elegant setting, with two seatings nightly, or choose My Time Dining.

When trying to add someone to our table for 6pm Traditional Dining on our January Liberty of the Seas cruise, we were told effective January 1, 2015 there would be no more Traditional Dining Reservations and therefor we could not link her to us unless Guest Services could help us on the ship.

..:confused::mad::rolleyes:

Not a happy camper, while I love to see so many different dining options I so wish they would keep the 6pm for those of us who love it!

Until something more official comes out, I'd attribute this to the normal screw up by RC customer service. How could guest services on the ship help if there is no traditional dining? That makes no sense.