2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

Folks,

We are on the Freedom next sunday. I don't want to go. Don't want to get on a plane, or get on a ship. Carnival can do the screening, but people will lie just to get on.

I don't think putting my families well being in jeopardy is smart right now.

Your thoughts are welcomed...

Sign your cruise over to me and I'll take it, heck I'll even pay the change fee.

What kind of cabin am I in?

Any of you other folks with booked cruised want to send them my way, feel free to pm me....

I would hate to be booked on the next Magic cruise. It's like russian roulette. Who gets the Ebola patients cabin?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't be all that concerned if they thoroughly decontaminate. CDC says the virus is actually killed pretty easily with Bleach.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html

But I will be taking my Clorox wipes with me in 3 weeks. Unlike some, I believe a little caution goes a long way

I have not read all the comments so please pardon me if this is a duplicate opinion.

Is it too much to ask that our country show as much concern for our safety as Belize did? They wouldn't even allow the ship to dock!

But we are going to welcome all 3,000 passengers when the ship returns to Galveston :rolleyes:

Is there a reason we shouldn't?

I'm sure Carnival would have allowed her to change the date of her sailing after the 21 day incubation period, for her sake and the other 4,000 passengers, if she would have explained her position in the first place! The article says she has been self-monitoring for 19 days, so she knew ahead of time that there was a possible "risk". Personally, getting onboard a cruise ship carrying that many passengers and knowing that something might happen, is just plain inexcusable.

Totally agree.

It is easy to say this because I am not going anywhere any time soon but...

If I was booked on Magic next week I would be very nervous. Any other ship though I think would be ok, I would just be a bit more cautious than usual especially around buffets etc.

Yes, I think so too. But fear takes over and rational thought go out the window.

Just scared.

More people die of the flu, of gunshots, of car wrecks EVERY day, than have died, or even been infected, of Ebola in the United States.

yes, your fear is irrational. Fight thru it, don't believe the hype, and enjoy your cruise.

Selfish people will be selfish. Even the most at risk of those being monitored don't seem inclined to cancel their trips or plans.

Those initial 70 being monitored were NOT told they couldn't travel. They just issued that order on Thursday night. It just lets you know their "monitoring" meant absolutely nothing. When they say it's all under control, it means absolutely nothing. Until normal people start to panic and demand they take this seriously, they will continue to play light and loose with their precautions.

Edited by Davey Wavey

Someone in this thread just called her an "Ebola patient." Good freakin' grief.

It's pure hysteria. On Facebook people are freaking out as well... 2 people out of 318 million does not a pandemic make. There is a difference between caution and hysteria... sadly many don't understand that. I have a bigger fear of the flu, e-coli, enterovirus, noro, etc. Those have killed FAR MORE people in this country than Ebola. Nobody even knows if this woman on the Magic had ANY contact with ANY specimen. She is now at the 21 day mark, and from what I understand, remains without symptoms... yet people are freaking out and cancelling cruises. Hysteria is the most contagious disease in the country at the moment :rolleyes:

Belize is not a developed nation with high level treatment centers. We have isolation units in America than can handle contagious diseases (the Texas hospital not being one of them). Should we just let 3000 people go Hunger Games on the ship and sees who survives? The woman hasn't even tested positive for ebola.

I have not read all the comments so please pardon me if this is a duplicate opinion.

Is it too much to ask that our country show as much concern for our safety as Belize did? They wouldn't even allow the ship to dock!

But we are going to welcome all 3,000 passengers when the ship returns to Galveston :rolleyes:

I read they did t even let their port pilot back into Belize and he is on the ship

I read it here I believe and didn't research that claim yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fear is not irrational. It's perfectly rational to be afraid of something like Ebola.

Fear can sometimes be the result of rational analysis of circumstances, but too often, especially, it seems, in the current situation, its the result of people not only not informing themselves of the actual facts on the ground, but of willfully ignoring them when they're presented.

This particular fear is irrational.

Maturity requires us to calmly and rationally evaluate the factual circumstances we find ourselves in and act appropriately.

Everyone was allowed off the ship in Belize except for 2 people... the lab supervisor and her travel companion. Let's work to not spread false rumors... the lab supervisor is 21 days out from POSSIBLE contact with specimens.

So far the passenger on the Magic has NO symptoms and she is at 19 days. You cannot catch the disease from someone with NO symptoms. It is not transmitted through the air and when a patient has symptoms it is only transmitted if you come into contact with their bodily fluids. It is easier to get the flu or even meningitis than it is to get Ebola. Folks die of the flu and meningitis every year. We don't seem to worry about that as much as this "new" disease.

No problem, Bostonian! It's all good.

Can anyone tell me why they don't just test these people on a daily basis? Why are they waiting for the fever, which according to a much-linked LA Times article is not present (as the first symptom) in 13% of cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question of the day.......

You are on the next sailing of the Magic, Do you want to know which cabin the passengers in question are in and hope its not yours?

Should Carnival have the cabin sealed off and be cleaned /disinfected professionally?????

Really? All of this crap is from many many errors made by folks reassuring us that "everything is under control". I am in no ways panicking at this point, but I am concerned. My County (outside of Dallas) currently has 5 people being observed (1 works at Presbyterian, 4 were on the flight with Nurse #2), the neighboring County has 1 to 2 on watch and a school closed down. I have a 4 year old, in addition to Ebola I have to worry about the Enterovirus and 5000 other things on a daily basis. I just want people to stop being careless before this DOES get out of control. There is a lot of unknowns about this illness (obviously) and I don't believe what we are being told. People are freaking out because this shouldn't have happened...Flights from that part of Africa should have been shut down months ago.

Oh my god calm down people. They just posted what actually happened. I have a cruise in a week, I am not worried whatsoever. This stuff is getting out of hand

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Where is the Magic RIGHT NOW!

What port will the Magic return to? I think it is going to be very interesting how they handle this ship once is has docked. Will they quarantine the whole ship until she has tested negative for Ebola? How this is handled is going to tell how real the threat (scare) possibly is.

How come we have not heard from anyone aboard the Magic right now? I think there are a lot of unknowns that we are not even aware of and time will tell how serious this threat will become.

Marinetraffic is unable to locate the ship. Carnival's webcam website http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com shows it a little bit off the Texas Gulf Coast heading to Galveston. The Puerta Maya webcam (10:34 Eastern/9:34 Central AM) only shows the Oasis of the Seas in Cozumel. John Heald says the Magic is in Cozumel from I believe 10.

Edited by Disconnections