Caribbean in August

vwgolf

My wife and I are confined to school holidays due to her job as a teacher and we'd like to cruise the Caribbean or Panama Canal next August. The options seem few and far between; is this because of the risk of hurricanes at this time of year? Does anyone know of a cruise line that offers such cruises in August?

Thanks!

The high season for the Caribbean is when it is cooler in places such as North America so the times when you see the most ships sailing the Caribbean are between November and March.

In the summer many go to other areas including Europe, Alaska, Bermuda, New England/Canada.

Summer is very hot and humid. Similarly winer months are very popular for Florida tourism and less so in the Summer.

RCI has ships that sail there all year long and there will be a few other choices including NCL and Carnival.

Keith

Keith

My wife and I are confined to school holidays due to her job as a teacher and we'd like to cruise the Caribbean or Panama Canal next August. The options seem few and far between; is this because of the risk of hurricanes at this time of year? Does anyone know of a cruise line that offers such cruises in August?

Thanks!

I also have a wife who is a teacher, and all of our cruises have been in August. Two of them were Western Caribbean cruises.

The first of the 2 was on Royal Caribbean. Our ports were Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. This was supposed to be a 5 day cruise, but turned out to be a 7 day cruise when a hurricane made it impossible to get back to Fort Lauderdale. The extra 2 days were a nice bonus, but it was hell getting off the ship as there were not enough immigration officials to handle all the ships now coming in. And the airport was also awful on a holiday weekend after flights had been canceled for 2 days. But before that, we had a very enjoyable time exploring Mayan ruins.

The second of the two was on Carnival. The ports were Key West, Ochos Rios, Jamaica, and the Cayman Islands. Our Bob Marley bus tour in Jamaica was one of our most enjoyable tours ever.

Thanks!

The time constraints of the school holidays can place a cramp in your style! :mad: Have you considered the liberty that you have thou? I think the fabulous 9 night itinerary on August 13th 2015 would add a bit of Royal Style (Bermuda) to your overall plans. Round trip from New Jersey the RCI Liberty of the Seas is a nice option! Featuring Bermuda, St Maarteen, Puerto Rico and Labadee Haiti the cruise with three nights at Sea is inviting and relaxing :) Perhaps this should be your choice and maybe even a Broadway show and overnight in New York prior. :D

Nothing for the PC in August .

Still many choices for the Caribbean for August from RCI & CCL .

Other Ships that do the Caribbean in the fall - spring , have departed for the summer to more exotic and

money making itineraries , like the PC ,not because of June 1 - Nov 30 hurricane season.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can't imagine how god-awful hot it would be in Panama in August! We were there in April, and I thought I'd roast....it truly isn't far from the equator, and it IS HOT AND HUMID...and not USA hot and humid...but TROPICALLY HOT AND HUMID!

We did a 7 day on Caribbean Princess in September this year. We visited St. Marten, St. Thomas, Grand Turk and Princess Cays. We had a wonderful time. The weather was quite warm and the ocean was the perfect temperature. We had great weather.