Bumping up to the next C&A level?

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise next week. We are at 29 points in our C&A which means we will pretty much walk on the ship and become silver. Is there any way to have them pre-upgrade us before we walk on? It doesn't change our cruise too much, I think we get bathrobes in addition to the few other things we got, but I know that we would like to have the upgrade pre-cruise. I think I've read this before on the boards, but thought I'd ask!

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise next week. We are at 29 points in our C&A which means we will pretty much walk on the ship and become silver. Is there any way to have them pre-upgrade us before we walk on? It doesn't change our cruise too much, I think we get bathrobes in addition to the few other things we got, but I know that we would like to have the upgrade pre-cruise. I think I've read this before on the boards, but thought I'd ask!

There is no Silver C&A Level. When you have earned your 30th point you will become Platinum. Points are awarded after the completion of your cruise and not during your cruise.

You don't earn the points until after you complete the cruise. You may find a Loyalty Ambassador who will extend you some perks during the cruise (though this is unusual), however I've never heard of anyone getting a pre-cruise upgrade on Royal.

Edited by clarea

You only get the upgrade after the cruise. Same goes for booking your next cruise while on board. They will not give you the next level discounts. You woukd need to call on e this cruise is over and they credit your CA.

I had this Exact same thing happen to me. 29 points going into the cruise. The LA would do nothing for us. We did ask for robes and the room steward was able to bring us 1 robe. It kind of sucks but atleast they seem to be consistant with their anwers. You will just have to book another cruise.

This is one area I wish Royal would reconsider.

Even on Carnival if you will obtain your next level status at any time "during" the cruise you immediately get all the perks and status change when you board the ship. You do not have to complete that cruise and book another one to receive your next level status.

It's really nice they do that......IMO......;)

We were in this position as well. On the first full day of the cruise we had our appointment with the LA to book our next cruise, and we asked about it at that time. She did put "Platinum" stickers on our cards, and saw that we were invited to the additional cocktail event later that week. It was a small thing from their standpoint, but it meant something to us. And if she would have said no, that would have been the end of it.

You only get the upgrade after the cruise. Same goes for booking your next cruise while on board. They will not give you the next level discounts. You woukd need to call on e this cruise is over and they credit your CA.

They will no longer do this. We became Diamond during our last cruise and have three more booked. I called to get the discount applied to our upcoming cruises and was told they will no longer upgrade your discount once you've booked a cruise! We would have to cancel and rebook but then we would lose out on the BOGOHO pricing we snagged.

you do not get credit until AFTER the cruise ENDS.

They will no longer do this. We became Diamond during our last cruise and have three more booked. I called to get the discount applied to our upcoming cruises and was told they will no longer upgrade your discount once you've booked a cruise! We would have to cancel and rebook but then we would lose out on the BOGOHO pricing we snagged.

We booked the Explorer relocation BTBTB on the cruise we became D+ and received the Diamond discount. I called when our status had changed to D+ on the website and had the D+ discount applied. We booked through the BOGOHO sale, so I guess it depends who you talk to.

OP, we have never been able to upgrade to the next level during the cruise we achieved the next level, although on a BTB, they will change your status on the next leg.

We were able to bump up from Emerald to Diamond on a B2B. We reached the Diamond Level on the last night of the first cruise and when we got back on the ship and checked in, RC changed our status to Diamond. That's the only way I think you can do it.

That's because they were essentially two different cruises.

Our last cruise took us from Platinum to Emerald. Without any prompting from us, they adjusted the C&A discount on the following cruise by the extra $25 for Emerald about 3 weeks following the sailing.

It all depends on who is taking care of things for you. I can't agree that "it won't happen" because it did to us.

We're in the same boat. As soon as we cross the gangway to board Brilliance next month we will start our 175th day on RCL. I don't expect them to do anything (not that I would object if they did), so we'll just have to wait until March to celebrate:)

We booked the Explorer relocation BTBTB on the cruise we became D+ and received the Diamond discount. I called when our status had changed to D+ on the website and had the D+ discount applied. We booked through the BOGOHO sale, so I guess it depends who you talk to.

This is something new they started in the last month or so. We were on Serenade in May and my sister bumped up to Emerald and was able to get the discount, so the policy changed sometime between May and October.

Edited by Karemark

It's really no different than your airline miles. Points are earned after the entire trip is completed. I don't think Delta would let me do priority boarding on my flight, I was going to pass the threshold for Gold Medallion half way to my destination ;)

After all, the plane could go down on takeoff or something, and THEN where would they be? Totally unjustified preboarding that they're never gonna get back....