Oasis Revamps we lose our room

Roxyhurley

Thank you so much for the room suggestion, that is exactly what we are looking for. Im calling today, fingers crossed it is about the same. It says it sleeps 8 in one big room.

Good luck and i hope that it returns you to a happy place.:)

Just be thankful that they told you before your final payment date. They told us after final payment was made and we couldn't even cancel without losing our deposit.

Bill

Well on land there normally isn't either; and honestly of you can afford a suite you can afford adjoining cabins, so I don't feel bad for you in the least

You have obviously never stayed in a suite in a nice resort or rented a luxury villa.

It's really unfortunate that you can't have empathy for the OP's situation due to your green-eyed monster getting int eh way.

Cruise lines know years in advance how they will altering floorplans, and shouldn't even sell rooms they know or even suspect might be significantly altered with revamps. It's unethical at best.

no we either get 2500 off and take the 2 - 2 bedroom suites or pay an additional 2500 and get switched to Aqua suites

Or you just get smart about it and take your money elsewhere. You are not at all obligated to give your hard earned dollars to a cruise line who is playing games, and why anyone in your situation would consider doing so is beyond me.

Or you just get smart about it and take your money elsewhere. You are not at all obligated to give your hard earned dollars to a cruise line who is playing games, and why anyone in your situation would consider doing so is beyond me.

...says the Royal Caribbean hater who only sailed them once. :rolleyes:

Edited by Big_G

...says the Royal Caribbean hater who only sailed them once. :rolleyes:

I would say the same thing regardless of the cruise line.

By the way, I sailed them once as I don't believe in throwing good money at bad. They made me an offer to come back, but it had so many strings attached that it was impossible to use. "Must sail in same class cabin for the same length of time within 12 months of original sail date." There was no availability so their offer was unusable! We would have tried them again until they pulled that nonsense.

The outcome to make you feel 'whole again' is probably not available, since the cabin you wanted doesn't exist any longer. Now the idea is to try to negotiate the best settlement possible.

They have offered you $2500 back and to move you to two, two bedroom suites to facilitate your group of 8. From what I am reading, you also have four other people in your party in two separate cabins. Take your issue up the ladder a little bit to someone in resolutions, and see if they will allow you to apply the $2500 that Royal is willing to give you as financial compensation to the Aqua Suite and call it even. They may (maybe already have said no) say no....to that....then remind them that 2 additional cabins in your group will cancel as well....so the loss is more than the $20,000 from you but the additional cabin fares.

Keep trying several people at Royal. What many have said, is that you don't always get the same response from different people in customer service. Are you a C&A member, go to the C&A department.

Remember, people in customer service have as their role to solve problems. Yet, the truth of the matter also is....the softer spoken person, who doesn't necessarily call with a sharp tongue (not accusing you, just being honest) gets the person in the customer service department to want to help them more.

My mother had a wonderful adage "You get more with honey than lemons, and then you will have the lemons to make wonderful tasting lemonade with" -- a double win.

Thats a great suggestion, we are C & A members. We also have another cruise tour booked in August with over 20 people to Alaska. (We actually like our friends and family and enjoy staying with them.) Our Royal suite actually had a total cost of around $22 000.00 the prices I was quoting were minus the over $4000 deposit we already put down. I don't think moving us to aqua suites at no cost to us was an unreasonable request but they said 'NO'. The funny part is as nice as the Aqua suites are we don't really want them cause we will be or opposite sides of the boat but they are the only rooms with balconies big enough to fit all 12 of us. They would give us $300 per room on board credit but we had to pay an additional $2500. I'm calling the C & A department today to see if they can do more for us. No one can even supply us with a single picture of what the new rooms they have assigned us look like. The poor guy I have been speaking to that was assigned The Royal suites is so overwhelmed I feel bad for him, I have been more that nice having worked in customer service my whole life I know that people who are rude to me get nothing extra, EVER. I only help people who are nice, so I treat others how I would like to be treated.

Edited by Roxyhurley

Thank you so much for the room suggestion, that is exactly what we are looking for. Im calling today, fingers crossed it is about the same. It says it sleeps 8 in one big room.

We met a couple on the Gem that had it to themselves for a week in the med

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No one should feel "obligated" to give their money to any company. In this case, I don't believe that Royal is 'playing games'. The changes that have been made have been public knowledge for some time, so the cruiser should have been somewhat aware of the fact that significant changes were being done to Oasis during dry dock and looked into IF it was going to affect them. The cruise line made sure to notify them ONE YEAR prior to their sailing that changes had to be made to their cabin choice, because what they chose is NO longer available.

The cruiser can take their money and do something else, of course. But is that really what they want to do.

Edited by Paulette3028

No one should fell "obligated" to give your money to any company. In this case, I don't believe that Royal is 'playing games'. The changes that have been made have been public knowledge for some time, so the cruiser should have been somewhat aware of the fact that significant changes were being done to Oasis during dry dock and looked into IF it was going to affect them. The 'oh my gosh, they are taking advantage of me' that I get from the OP's post, doesn't work for me -- just my opinion. The cruise line made sure to notify them ONE YEAR prior to their sailing that changes had to be made to their cabin choice, because what they chose is NO longer available.

The cruiser can take their money and do something else, of course. But is that really what they want to do.

Totally disagree with your sentiment that the changes to Oasis have been public knowledge for some time. There are many many members of the public that don't even know what Oasis of the Seas is, never mind what changes have been made. Not every member of the public reads cruise critic. The OP only has a the number of posts that relate to this thread, so may not have been reading the threads on cc that have be posted re Oasis changes so may not have been aware of the impact on them. So I feel you are being quite unfair to suggest that they should have looked into whether the changes would impact them.

Thats a great suggestion, we are C & A members. We also have another cruise tour booked in August with over 20 people to Alaska. (We actually like our friends and family and enjoy staying with them.) Our Royal suite actually had a total cost of around $22 000.00 the prices I was quoting were minus the over $4000 deposit we already put down. I don't think moving us to aqua suites at no cost to us was an unreasonable request but they said 'NO'. The funny part is as nice as the Aqua suites are we don't really want them cause we will be or opposite sides of the boat but they are the only rooms with balconies big enough to fit all 12 of us. They would give us $300 per room on board credit but we had to pay an additional $2500. I'm calling the C & A department today to see if they can do more for us. No one can even supply us with a single picture of what the new rooms they have assigned us look like. The poor guy I have been speaking to that was assigned The Royal suites is so overwhelmed I feel bad for him, I have been more that nice having worked in customer service my whole life I know that people who are rude to me get nothing extra, EVER. I only help people who are nice, so I treat others how I would like to be treated.

I could easily say, that you have more 'leverage' with the August cruise with over 20 people. But leverage is only good, if you are willing to use the leverage you imply you will use -- by doing it and cancelling those cruises as well. But then, who are you hurting, has to be asked.

Having been in business over 30 years, negotiating through issues like this isn't easy. The company wants to give away as little as possible, but doesn't want to lose all the $$ in cabin fares either. The key is always finding that person high enough in the food chain who can make the decisions to make it work for both sides. In all negotiations you have to know what your 'bottom line is' and be willing to hold to it. You surely could take this to the CEO of the company: agoldstein@rccl.com (I think it is).

No one should fell "obligated" to give your money to any company. In this case, I don't believe that Royal is 'playing games'. The changes that have been made have been public knowledge for some time, so the cruiser should have been somewhat aware of the fact that significant changes were being done to Oasis during dry dock and looked into IF it was going to affect them. The 'oh my gosh, they are taking advantage of me' that I get from the OP's post, doesn't work for me -- just my opinion. The cruise line made sure to notify them ONE YEAR prior to their sailing that changes had to be made to their cabin choice, because what they chose is NO longer available.

We booked our cruise in April 2014 and at no time were we ever told that the room may be eliminated. I had no idea significant changes were being made, I wouldn't have wasted my time organizing a cruise for 12 people all together had I known. We never received an email or a phone call at any time telling us that the boat was being revamped. We just received an email with our new room assignments this week. We asked if we could move to another sailing on Allure or Oasis in the same room but were told they are sold out any time we could go and then the room will be eliminated on both boats. I have always enjoyed RC cruises and in no way do I want this to be a bashing session. I was hoping more to get advice on rooms that may be similar that we could request or people who have stayed in the new suites to see what they were like. People need to stop making forums personal, they are for people seeking advice and if you don't have any helpful advice that please don't respond.

Why the Trollish behaviour? There's no need for it.

Obviously you're not familiar with CB's posts. No worries about her even seeing it - she never posts more than once in any thread.

To the OP, I'd be upset as well. Now that I'm about to make Diamond on RCI, they're changing things up and cutting corners so much that there's very little incentive to keep me going to D+ I'll find myself on other cruise lines in the future. I'm sure I'll sail on Royal again after next year, it'll just be more infrequent than now, based strictly on itinerary and fare, not "loyalty".

Totally disagree with your sentiment that the changes to Oasis have been public knowledge for some time. There are many many members of the public that don't even know what Oasis of the Seas is, never mind what changes have been made. Not every member of the public reads cruise critic. The OP only has a the number of posts that relate to this thread, so may not have been reading the threads on cc that have be posted re Oasis changes so may not have been aware of the impact on them. So I feel you are being quite unfair to suggest that they should have looked into whether the changes would impact them.

Very well put.

Obviously you're not familiar with CB's posts. No worries about her even seeing it - she never posts more than once in any thread.

To the OP, I'd be upset as well. Now that I'm about to make Diamond on RCI, they're changing things up and cutting corners so much that there's very little incentive to keep me going to D+ I'll find myself on other cruise lines in the future. I'm sure I'll sail on Royal again after next year, it'll just be more infrequent than now, based strictly on itinerary and fare, not "loyalty".

I thought Sentinals post was directed at Merian Mom?

Bill

Hope everything works out for you. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy suites in Celebrity, Royal, NCl and Disney CL. Please do your research before booking eight people in one suite. We loved our two bedroom suite in NCL and it was great for the four of us but not six like they advertise.

[quote name='drarill']Hope everything works out for you. We have been fortunate enough to enjoy suites in Celebrity, Royal, NCl and Disney CL. Please do your research before booking eight people in one suite. We loved our two bedroom suite in NCL and it was great for the four of us but not six like they advertise.[/QUOTE]

Oh for sure, I guess that's why I was so upset with our room being removed. We have stayed in one and 2 bedroom suites before I can't even understand why sometimes you need 5 to book, 4 is the right amount for 2 bedrooms. We had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms over 1000 sq ft inside over 500 sq ft outside which was a must every couple have their own bedroom and their own bath. I don't think we will find that anywhere now. I have given up it doesn't exist as far as I can find anywhere.

[quote name='Roxyhurley']Oh for sure, I guess that's why I was so upset with our room being removed. We have stayed in one and 2 bedroom suites before I can't even understand why sometimes you need 5 to book, 4 is the right amount for 2 bedrooms. We had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms over 1000 sq ft inside over 500 sq ft outside which was a must every couple have their own bedroom and their own bath. I don't think we will find that anywhere now. I have given up it doesn't exist as far as I can find anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the Villa on the Gem had 3 bedrooms plus a sofa conversion to get to 8 people

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

[quote name='ducklite']I would say the same thing regardless of the cruise line.

By the way, I sailed them once as I don't believe in throwing good money at bad. They made me an offer to come back, but it had so many strings attached that it was impossible to use. "Must sail in same class cabin for the same length of time within 12 months of original sail date." There was no availability so their offer was unusable! We would have tried them again until they pulled that nonsense.[/QUOTE]
Yawn yawn yawn !!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Roxyhurley']Oh for sure, I guess that's why I was so upset with our room being removed. We have stayed in one and 2 bedroom suites before I can't even understand why sometimes you need 5 to book, 4 is the right amount for 2 bedrooms. We had 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms over 1000 sq ft inside over 500 sq ft outside which was a must every couple have their own bedroom and their own bath. I don't think we will find that anywhere now. I have given up it doesn't exist as far as I can find anywhere.[/quote]

It still exists on Freedon class ships at this Point. I don´t know though if they will Change it any time along the road.

Personally I was never a fan of the Presidential Suites. They sounded great on paper, until I saw them in Person.
I think just one of the bedrooms is a decent Suite bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Second one is already very cramped and I´m not even talking about number 3 and 4 which are basically insides. Well ok they are all in the same "Suite" and you don´t Need to cross a public hallway. The "living room", while nice would be cramped with the amount of People the Suite holds. The only nice Thing about it would be the deck with huge table and hot tub. JMHO.

The Money Argument about how much you paid for this doesn´t hold much water, again IMO. Of course 18000 is a huge amount of Money, but it´s 8 People getting on the ship for that amount. So this comes down to 2250 per Person. Not a steal, but not bad either for one of the biggest suites onboard.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]To the OP . . . Have you considered booking a block of adjacent Loft Suites? Open the privacy panels on the balconies and, "Presto" You have your super-suite!. Plus, depending on the suites selected, some are even connecting. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Calgon1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]To the OP . . . Have you considered booking a block of adjacent Loft Suites? Open the privacy panels on the balconies and, "Presto" You have your super-suite!. Plus, depending on the suites selected, some are even connecting. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Until it rains. It I not the same thing as having a large living area inside where they can congregate.

[quote name='Paulxyz2004']The Money Argument about how much you paid for this doesn´t hold much water, again IMO. Of course 18000 is a huge amount of Money, but it´s 8 People getting on the ship for that amount. So this comes down to 2250 per Person. Not a steal, but not bad either for one of the biggest suites onboard.[/QUOTE]

The OP came back later to amend his $$$; the $18,000 was after he paid a $4000 deposit (I believe it was) on the suite he had booked for the group of 8. Therefore the actual cost of the suite was $22,000 -- therefore making it $2750 PP -- is it high -- that of course is in the eyes of the cruiser. But the experience of the large suite and all the perks that come with it, has its own value (to some). Edited by Paulette3028

[quote name='Paulxyz2004']It still exists on Freedon class ships at this Point. I don´t know though if they will Change it any time along the road.

Personally I was never a fan of the Presidential Suites. They sounded great on paper, until I saw them in Person.
I think just one of the bedrooms is a decent Suite bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Second one is already very cramped and I´m not even talking about number 3 and 4 which are basically insides. Well ok they are all in the same "Suite" and you don´t Need to cross a public hallway. The "living room", while nice would be cramped with the amount of People the Suite holds. The only nice Thing about it would be the deck with huge table and hot tub. JMHO.

The Money Argument about how much you paid for this doesn´t hold much water, again IMO. Of course 18000 is a huge amount of Money, but it´s 8 People getting on the ship for that amount. So this comes down to 2250 per Person. Not a steal, but not bad either for one of the biggest suites onboard.[/QUOTE]

That was the difference we already but 4200 down, so its over 22 000.

[quote name='John&LaLa']Pretty sure the Villa on the Gem had 3 bedrooms plus a sofa conversion to get to 8 people

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I doubt that someone wants to spend close to $3000 to sleep in a sofa.