Aqua Class on Silhouette

laserboi50

We have loved AQ on the Silhouette. No need to pre reserve at Blu as it is simply open sitting. Show-up when you want (during the posted dinner hours) and you will be seated ASAP. They will often leave a card in your cabin, on embarkation day, telling you that you have a first night reservation at such and such time. But this can be ignored and is simply based on any dining preference you might have used when the reservation is booked. It is always open seating...even on the first night.

Hank

Booked Aqua class on an upcoming NY cruise. Wondering what your impression is and if you need to reserve wach night at Blue or just show up?

Thanks

Blu is your assigned dining room so just go there anytime you wish. You are NOT assigned a seat in the Main Dining Room.

Not all tables for two are close together.....we have dined at the same very private table for 2 on 5 different cruises now. There are 3-4 of these 2 tops sprinkled around the middle of the dining room. We arrive before the busiest times and have, all but one time, received the same table.

• 4 weeks later...
Is it hard for 6 people to eat together in Blu, we are traveling with two other couples and had wanted to eat dinner together each night.

while blu does not take reservations, see the maitre d' when you board and tell him/her that you are a party of 6. They do have some larger tables and they try to hold them for larger groups, such as yours.

Is it hard for 6 people to eat together in Blu, we are traveling with two other couples and had wanted to eat dinner together each night.

As long as they are Aqua class also, no problem. Blu is for Aqua class (occasionally suite folks are allowed, but with the coming addition of a suite dining room, that may stop). There were several, two or three tables maybe, that would seat 8 to 10 folks. Otherwise, several adjacent two-tops might be moved closer together.

we did aqua class on the silhouette. on the first night we were assigned 8:30-900 to show up for dinner on the FIRST NIGHT only - due to the big rush on the first night. we also received a 50% off coupon for any specialty restaurant for use on the first night only.

we did one of the restaurants on the first night and then showed up at Blu the other nights when we were ready for dinner (7/715 ish) and never had to wait.

Enjoy

We were upgraded to Aqua class. We really enjoyed dining at Blu. So much that we didn't consider anything less than Aqua class on our next cruise.

The only real question we had was on formal nights. We like to dress up. It is my only opportunity to wear my tux. But the hostess told us that Blu was not formal. So we went to the main dining room on the formal nights. We really missed Blu.

Do those of you who dress to the nines just go to Blu on formal nights??

We were upgraded to Aqua class. We really enjoyed dining at Blu. So much that we didn't consider anything less than Aqua class on our next cruise.

The only real question we had was on formal nights. We like to dress up. It is my only opportunity to wear my tux. But the hostess told us that Blu was not formal. So we went to the main dining room on the formal nights. We really missed Blu.

We always wear our formal wear when we dine in Blu. It's probably around 60/40, with 60% of the folks who go formal on formal nights in Blu.

we did aqua class on the silhouette. on the first night we were assigned 8:30-900 to show up for dinner on the FIRST NIGHT only - due to the big rush on the first night. we also received a 50% off coupon for any specialty restaurant for use on the first night only.

we did one of the restaurants on the first night and then showed up at Blu the other nights when we were ready for dinner (7/715 ish) and never had to wait.

Enjoy

As the above poster said, you will be requested by a letter to show up at a certain time on the first night. This is not a requirement, you can go whenever you want.

Edited by dkjretired

Remember the dress code is "smart casual and above" so do not feel that you have to dress down for Blu. The amount of people dressed up in Blu will depend on itinerary and length of cruise. On my recent Alaska cruise, those dressed up in Blu were definitely in a minority.

I normally dress up and rarely dress down. I put my socks on first, underwear, pants and then shirt or sweater. Problem with dressing up is that I need to keep my pants undone to tuck in my shirt so sometimes it is easier and faster to dress down by putting my shirt on first and then pants. :D

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Yes! Many who dine in Blu dress up on formal nights - although not required. DH wore his suit and I wore my formal skirt and sparkly top. We saw many dressed like us and a few men (not many) in tuxes.

Booked Aqua class on an upcoming NY cruise. Wondering what your impression is and if you need to reserve wach night at Blue or just show up?

Thanks

Laserboi51, we have a roll call for the Silhouette New Year's cruise. Here's the link if you're interested: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1944127

We also have several people signed up for the Cruise Critic party. If you would like to attend and meet some of us, there's a link to sign up at the top of the roll call page.

Ann

We were just on the silhoutte and were very disapointed by Aqua class. On the the plus side we were happy with the room and the bathroom was large compared to most cruise ships and we loved the shower. Blu was very disappointing. The main courses were not great, and on formal night my lobster tail was awful. When I asked if I could have the veal scallopine the waiter said it was tough and suggested the vegetarian spaghetti. We also had a breakfast in which it took 40 minutes to get any type of food! I was told the kitchen was backed up. The thermal suite had only 9 beds and was crowded all the time.

I just don't think it is worth it.

We are booked for Aqua Class.... Are we able to eat in the MDR if we do not like the menu on a particular evening?

As an alternative, I heard from my TA that Blu has two menus: one for that day as well as a "favourites" menu. Can anyone confirm? I can't eat seafood and am a bit worried about the duck, quail etc.

Thanks for your help!

We are booked for Aqua Class.... Are we able to eat in the MDR if we do not like the menu on a particular evening?

As an alternative, I heard from my TA that Blu has two menus: one for that day as well as a "favourites" menu. Can anyone confirm? I can't eat seafood and am a bit worried about the duck, quail etc.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Regarding eating in the main dining room that shouldn't be a major problem as long as you can let the restaurant manager in blu know as early as possible... They should be able to sort it out for you!

As for the 2 menus I'm pretty sure your right in thinking about the daily changed menu and a standard menu of favorites as like the main dining room I do seem to remember them offering this in blu!

Whatever the case I'm sure your find something you like to eat... I have heard of people asking for MDR items while in blu with varied successes... As the saying goes "if you don't ask your never know"

Hope you have a great time and post back how you get on... We are in blu in March and really looking forward to it! 😋