What is your favorite month to take a Caribbean cruise?

goldgirl2

There are two determinants: need to get away from home - which is greatest in the December to March time frame (it's pretty comfortable in the northeast the rest of the year); and

the less crowded times within that time frame - which means avoiding Christmas vacation time, Presidents' week in February, and Spring break ( which can happen over a wide range)

October -November, but NOT a holiday week.

The weather is ideal -- warm but not so stinking hot.

Fares are relatively low.

Kids are back in school, so the ship isn't overcrowded.

However, some of you are making me consider February -March. I'm thinking it carries the same benefits I already like; plus the idea of breaking up the winter sounds quite nice to me.

I like a winter cruise to get away from the cold and snow if only for a little while. In particular I like February. The prices are better than March and March has many spring breaks for students. And hopefully the worst of winter is over by the time you return home. And if not, at least spring is just around the corner!

For me March is my preferred month. We get a lot of snow and cold temps in the winter and I find that by waiting until March, the worst of winter is over and when we get back we are subjected to a month or more of cold snowy weather.

We have cruised twice at the beginning of May and had perfect weather each time.

Same here. Our last two cruises were during the second week of May, and the weather was perfect. Previously, we've cruised in Sept. but the weather in the Caribbean can be a little "iffy", and in February (to coincide with our anniversary). The upside to cruising in February in the Caribbean is getting away from the nasty winter weather at home for a week. The downside is, after a week, we have to go back home to it. Ugh! The deciding factor to switch to May was, on our last cruise in February, we came home to find two feet of new snow on the ground. Nothing like coming home from a wonderful week in the Caribbean and then have to spend a few hours shoveling snow. Talk about a buzzkill!:eek:

We love to go for two weeks in January. It gets us out of the frigid temps of Minnesota and shortens up the Winter for us. The prices are good and there are very few kids on board. It gives us something to look forward to after the busy holiday season.

Everyone says the prices are good in January, yet we have never even considered it, mostly because of work schedules. We usually get away around Thanksgiving, even though the conditions in the Caribbean can be challenging (rougher seas sometimes). For DH that is a way to take less vacation days, and have a nice vacation.

We are doing another cruise in February, temps will be warming up in the Caribbean (which is good for DH), for me the water temp matters little, it is always warm enough.

I love the warm summer months, because I know the water in the Caribbean will be nice enough for DH.

But anytime we can get away, seems good to me.

• 10 months later...

OTE=cruzkitty;44906811]I have enjoyed cruising in September!! Prices are usually down a bit and the weather, so far, has always been perfect! Only one cruise did we take an alternate route due to possible Hurricane, and that was a great cruise!

Yes I agree. So far September has been our favorite.

O