No self laundry services on Celebrity Solstice

Calicruiser1

I clicked on the link of FAQ's mentioned in this thread and found the per item cost of laundry but does Celebrity offer an unlimited laundry package that you can purchase (not Elite)?

If not, does Clebrity offer a flat rate for a bag of laundry and how much?

We're doing 4 month in Europe and will need to do laundry frequently since we'll have to pack in one suitcase (per person) so we can handle our luggage when transferring from ships, trains, hotels, etc.

No unlimited laundry option. They do offer bag of laundry deals that vary cruise to cruise.

If you are doing B2B cruises with X, they also tend to offer laundry to B2B cruisers.

4. Self serve laundry doesn't fit their image of modern luxury

Don't quite get this one. Both Azamara and Oceania have on-board laundries for pax use and I have certainly taken advantage of them. :eek:

And these two lines are another step up from =x=! :D

If you are doing B2B cruises with X, they also tend to offer laundry to B2B cruisers.

We have done a number of B2B cruises. Since we live in Alaska and fly to every cruise port it just seems like a more efficient use of air fare to do B2B or B2B2B cruises. But I never remember any laundry offer to B2B passengers.

We were on the Century for thirty-five nights last fall. The "Laundry Bag Challenge" was offered on both legs in which as much laundry as you could stuff into a bag was laundered for a flat fee. The fee was $45.00.

The "Laundry Bag Challenge" was offered on both legs in which as much laundry as you could stuff into a bag was laundered for a flat fee. The fee was $45.00.

Note to self: pack roll of clear packing tape to reinforce the bags....! :D

Curt,

I enjoy your posts...that's it...no comment on laundry or any other topics just now...just look forward to your insights!

P.S. Well, maybe one small comment on laundry...I tried to get my cabin steward to accept my laundry bag (which is about four times the size of their bag)...no go...I like the tape idea, however!

Don't quite get this one. Both Azamara and Oceania have on-board laundries for pax use and I have certainly taken advantage of them. :eek:

Those R ships were originally built with laundry facilities so already had them before they were bought by Oceania and Azamara. They are a "step up" but not because they have laundries:)

Those R ships were originally built with laundry facilities so already had them before they were bought by Oceania and Azamara. They are a "step up" but not because they have laundries:)

Oceania's new ships were built with laundry rooms. As were Seabourn's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruise Junky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realize that but my point is that the laundry rooms were put in during the build. I don't think Celebrity & RCL are going to retro fit their ships. Neither line thought it was a priority I guess for their new builds either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And they have different paint schemes on their hulls, different decor inside, different bars and restaurants, etc. They aren't supposed to be the same. They are different on purpose - they are not exactly the same with exactly the same things to be different experiences.

Would you expect a French restaurant to also serve Chinese food because you like it? Or is that a failure on their part as well?

Not sure what your point is. :(

Edited by SantaFeFan

And they have different paint schemes on their hulls, different decor inside, different bars and restaurants, etc. They aren't supposed to be the same. They are different on purpose - they are not exactly the same with exactly the same things. Would you expect a French restaurant to also serve Chinese food because you like it? Or is that a failure on their part as well?

Not sure what your point is. :(

If you read through the thread, the comment was made that the self serve laundry rooms perhaps didn't fit with "Modern Luxury". To follow up that comment the point was made that high end lines do in fact have laundry rooms. Not really that hard to follow :rolleyes:

I realize that but my point is that the laundry rooms were put in during the build. I don't think Celebrity & RCL are going to retro fit their ships. Neither line thought it was a priority I guess for their new builds either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think Celebrity and RCL have pumped out lots of ships and designs since the laundry debate began and could have easily incorporated a laundry room if they wanted to. Neither line have ever put much priority on longer voyages so laundry rooms aren't really a requirement. Princess, Oceania, HAL (older ships), Seabourn, Cunard all do much longer voyages.

If you read through the thread, the comment was made that the self serve laundry rooms perhaps didn't fit with "Modern Luxury". To follow up that comment the point was made that high end lines do in fact have laundry rooms. Not really that hard to follow :rolleyes:

Oh, it's very easy to follow. You aren't smarter than the rest of us, even though you are clearly implying it with that snarky sarcasm.

I call your :rolleyes: and raise you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by SantaFeFan

Note to self: pack roll of clear packing tape to reinforce the bags....! :D

Great note to self.

I'm sure with a bit of reinforcing you could stuff lots more into one of those bags. I've made the same note. Thanks!

Since I only travel with duct tape I'll have to make that work.:D

Not sure if if everyone knows this already but there are no laundry rooms on the Solstice. Make sure you have enough pieces of clothing or you will have to use the ships's service.

Uh....thanks for stating the obvious. A lot of cruise lines don't.....:)

I don't get the whole "luxury line" argument. Celebrity is a mass market line just like Princess, etc. I used to cruise Regent (before I had a child) and that is considered a luxury line - and those ships had self-service laundries.

Celebrity clearly wants more revenue from added cabins, etc., and that's fine but it's not because it wants to maintain any level of luxury.

Edited by CI66774

I am in the group that has had very good experiences with laundry services on Royal and Celebrity.

If Celebrity had a small retractable line in the shower like Royal I would prefer to wash my own smalls, but I am happy to send all of it to the laundry.

Compared to the cost of a few drinks, my opinion is that the overall cost of the laundry is reasonable. I understand others feel differently, and they are fully entitled to want to spend time washing. We all have different priorities.

For those ships that do have a laundrette, do you still get a send away laundry service? That could be a deal breaker to giving some other lines a try in the future.

Welcome to cruise critic......good luck passing and info on anything to do with the ships or their services.....TRUST me (I am new myself) these guys are either SHIP junkies and can tell you what cabins have 2 sq in more of balcony space and who made the electrical wiring for the Silhouette....or are services and crew junkies and can tell you which bartenders are in the molecular bar at any given time...and ....LOL...when the Captain had his last prostate exam!....

If you get some advanced notice on a new policy or program...you MIGHT surprize someone (maybe). Seriously though...there is a real wealth of cruise info here...you will be surprized just how much if you search for it....anyhow....WELCOME to the community

:cool:

Not sure if if everyone knows this already but there are no laundry rooms on the Solstice. Make sure you have enough pieces of clothing or you will have to use the ships's service.

GRRRRRRR.........This whole thread was just done a few weeks ago....including ...yes...the retractable line issue. it was like 5 pages long before I refused to look any more.....

I am in the group that has had very good experiences with laundry services on Royal and Celebrity.

If Celebrity had a small retractable line in the shower like Royal I would prefer to wash my own smalls, but I am happy to send all of it to the laundry.

Compared to the cost of a few drinks, my opinion is that the overall cost of the laundry is reasonable. I understand others feel differently, and they are fully entitled to want to spend time washing. We all have different priorities.

For those ships that do have a laundrette, do you still get a send away laundry service? That could be a deal breaker to giving some other lines a try in the future.

I'm not sure about all (especially the small ones), but the main lines do..the Princess's, HAL's, Regent's, Seabourn, Cunard's, Oceania, etc.

GRRRRRRR.........This whole thread was just done a few weeks ago....including ...yes...the retractable line issue. it was like 5 pages long before I refused to look any more.....

Well, with going to work and other things in life, some of us must have missed that one. It would be a good idea if you were refusing to look at a thread about laundry, that you then didn't bother looking at the next one about laundry! It is not like most threads on this site are not repeated fairly regularly. Grrrrrr, hate comments that just put people down!!! Say something about laundry or give up reading threads about laundry.

Edited by goodycruising