3rd time's the Charm

IRL_Joanie

I'm so glad you are enjoying your cruise. Between your posts and POA'a fantastic live thread, I hope the NA lives up to its reputation.:) I'm on the Jan 4 NA btb and was wondering whether any NFL games are being show in the public areas or just in the cabins? Happy continued cruising.

Dot,

If the game is aired on ESPN, you have a good chance of seeing it.

Playoff games are sometimes shown on the ships but it depends if the ship will pay to pull the signal down from satellite and whether they are in location able to receive it.

IF they show the game on a big screen such as in Queen's Lounge or wherever, it probably will also be available on cabin TV's.

I watched New England Patriots win division (again :) ) today. Fun game.

I'm so glad you are enjoying your cruise. Between your posts and POA'a fantastic live thread, I hope the NA lives up to its reputation.:) I'm on the Jan 4 NA btb and was wondering whether any NFL games are being show in the public areas or just in the cabins? Happy continued cruising.

Currently watching Dallas - Philadelphia 21 - 0allas ahead. ESPN Channel @ 9:30 PM FLL time. Watching on stateroom TV.

Edited by Crew News

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=4]Wow, those decks are pretty small compared to the Vista's, at least it looks that way.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

Just measured the depth at 68 inches from the stateroom door to the railing. I'll have to check the Vista ship depth but I think it adds another 48 inches.

[quote name='madera1']Enjoy the 2nd half of the trip from another former Vega owner. It was our first car we bought after we married as we traded in DH's Dodge charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote]

Did your Vega also rust out quickly??

Now this is getting really strange. At the Suites Reception this evening, I sat next to a couple from Florida that reported they owned a 73 Vega TOO. In two day, that makes five Vega owners within three feet of me on the same cruise.

Love this unlimited internet!!!

With Joanie snoring in the background, I will add more information to what she has already posted.

The B2B folks were all seated in the Vista Showroom at 10:00 AM when the crew announced that 36 passengers were yet to be located. At 10:20, we were finally released.

By the time I returned to our stateroom to grab my camera for my one hour of unobstructed ship's facilities photos, 400+ passenger populated the Crow's Nest, Indoor Pool, Aft Lido, and the Lido Restaurant. I will have to work on my photos with Photoshop and refer back to one of my courses, "How to Remove Your EX from Photographs."

With some misgivings, several of us decided to try lunch in the Lido Restaurant at noon. We were surprised that only 25% of the tables were occupied in both the Lido Restaurant and Aft Lido Deck dining areas. At one o'clock, someone reported the buffet lines had more than 50 passengers awaiting their turn to order.

I discovered after trying the Thai curry fish lunch entree that my New Mexico spice tolerance was not quite ready to go Thai. My facial contortions must have attracted the attention of one of the Beverage Servers as a large glass of ice water was handed over my right shoulder.

The salad bar offerings remained superior.

Five minutes after the Muster Drill roll call started, a new bride and her wedding party took their places in the front row with the rest of the crowd pressed against the Deck 3 wall. From overhearing their conversation, I learned their pronouncement was made a few minutes after 3:00 PM leaving just enough time for the bride in her long white dress to maneuver the stairway to the Muster Drill. Several passengers shouted that tuxedos were not required for the Drill which brought chuckles from the wedding party. During sailaway, a plane with a trailing congratulations banner for the bride and groom flew over the ship.

Its nearly time to close this update and fetch a thermos of coffee. There is not a sound from the partying group above us so sleep should come easily tonight.......unless the group has yet to return from partying in another location/bar.

Seas are smooth and ship motion is minimal.

More later.

Love the unlimited internet that allows composing while online.

[quote name='Crew News']Just measured the depth at 68 inches from the stateroom door to the railing. I'll have to check the Vista ship depth but I think it adds another 48 inches.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Thanks Crew News, it certainly looks smaller then the aft balcony you had on the Zuiderdam which was huge. It should be interesting checking the measurements from the NA to the Noordam.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Unlimited internet, wow that sounds really nice. I know you will take advantage of it, as I certain would.:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[B] I'd like unlimited WiFi.. :)

[/B]

[quote name='Crew News']We changed Cruise Directors today on the NA. JT departed and Jeremy came on board.[/QUOTE]
Jeremy was on two weeks ago. JT is the corporate CD. He was on for the Centurion cruise. Jeremy replaced Mario Vines about two weeks prior as part of a normal rotation. Jeremy was the assistant cruise director / show host when we were on the Noordam in March. He was recently promoted.

Is Amber still fronting the HAL Cats, or is it back to Ashley?

[quote name='POA1'] Jeremy replaced Mario Vines about two weeks prior as part of a normal rotation. [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]We enjoyed having Mario Vines as our CD on the trans-Atlantic in Oct/Nov. He said he was leaving the Nieuw Amsterdam and would be going on the Noordam next. Lucky folks over on the Noordam!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='POA1']Jeremy was on two weeks ago. JT is the corporate CD. He was on for the Centurion cruise. Jeremy replaced Mario Vines about two weeks prior as part of a normal rotation. Jeremy was the assistant cruise director / show host when we were on the Noordam in March. He was recently promoted.

Is Amber still fronting the HAL Cats, or is it back to Ashley?[/quote]

Amber is indeed still fronting the HAL Cats according to the On Location for HMC.

The CD just announced that he heard BB King practicing Christmas music so it seems we will be put in the holiday mood this week. Edited by Crew News

Had a great time meeting you and Roger. Yes, you really do enjoy your wrap around and I enjoyed ours! Hated to see someone else using it on the Sail-away!

Went to the rain forest in Puerto Rico with an exceptional guide. St Thomas totally wrecked me. No one wanted to take us back to Crown Bay from Havensight. DH wanted to take pics from the tram ride. I did report to the excursion staff that they must note to those interested in using this facility that one needs to walk up 35 purple steps at the bottom and twice as much at the top walking down to observation platform. With only two ships in port the jitney drivers wanted to do tours or beach trips. Got a little overheated!!

Took the Eco-boat trip on Half Moon. Didn't see much. C+.

Have a great Part 2. We got very spoiled by "Super"! Didn't use Neptune Lounge much as the sofas were low to the floor and no cranes were available to pull me up! Carol.

[quote name='Crew News']Amber is indeed still fronting the HAL Cats according to the On Location for HMC.

The CD just announced that he heard BB King practicing Christmas music so it seems we will be put in the holiday mood this week.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. A little Motown & Soul Christmas should be fun.

St Thomas totally wrecked me. No one wanted to take us back to Crown Bay from Havensight. (A comment of Catl331) Could it be that would be two rides. 1 - Crown Bay to St. Thomas and 2nd ride to Havensight. We have done the rides into St. Thomas from Crown Bay with no problem the first part ends there and then the return is back to Crown Bay. I think what you wanted really turns out to be two rides.

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=4]Wow, those decks are pretty small compared to the Vista's, at least it looks that way.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=4]Thanks Crew News, it certainly looks smaller then the aft balcony you had on the Zuiderdam which was huge. It should be interesting checking the measurements from the NA to the Noordam.
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]
Melodie I know the Aft Wraps on Noordam has almost the same size verandahs as the Zuiderdam and Westerdam. NOTE: I said almost.....The narrower verandahs on NA are what had her as my least favorite ship. BUT...Always a But with me *GRIN*, The Noordam became least favorite due to our Aft Wrap divider on Deck 6 being welded shut. Also to be noted is that NA and Noordam (not sure abour Eurodam...Yet...) share an aft feature I do not like....the aft tiers instead of Deck 5 being completely covered. So you get the weather:(

We are Anchored off Little San Salvadore aka Half Moon Cay and the weather is once again perfect!! Temp is around 80 Fahrenheit, cloudless sky and an extremely calm sea. We were about 30 minutes late arriving due to a Princess ship in front of us. No, Princess did not come to OUR Island but was going to their own, which is in my estimation from looking at her is about 10-15 miles away. She was slow moving, which is why we were slightly late.

Carol, I wish we'd have been able to get together more, but timing.....It was awesome meeting 2 of my all time favorite CC members!!!!

OK, I have left than 5 minutes on my Net Book so need to get this posted.

I know hubby will post later so See Y'all tomorrow!!

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='boards']St Thomas totally wrecked me. No one wanted to take us back to Crown Bay from Havensight. (A comment of Catl331) Could it be that would be two rides. 1 - Crown Bay to St. Thomas and 2nd ride to Havensight. We have done the rides into St. Thomas from Crown Bay with no problem the first part ends there and then the return is back to Crown Bay. I think what you wanted really turns out to be two rides.[/QUOTE]

[B] I think what you are saying is two rides meaning Havensight to Charlotte Amalie? The Downtown area? And then from Downtown to Crown Bay?

If so, that is not what we experienced. We went to Yacht Haven Marina to shop the nice stores there and whenever we wanted a taxi back, no issue at all. We told them where we wanted to go and they took us. I guess we must have been lucky.

I should add Yacht Haven is right next door to Havensight.

[/B] Edited by sail7seas

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] I think what you are saying is two rides meaning Havensight to Charlotte Amalie? The Downtown area? And then from Downtown to Crown Bay?

If so, that is not what we experienced. We went to Yacht Haven Marina to shop the nice stores there and whenever we wanted a taxi back, no issue at all. We told them where we wanted to go and they took us. I guess we must have been lucky.

I should add Yacht Haven is right next door to Havensight.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Never been a problem for us either. They always try to get you to hop on one of those shared jitney taxis going from Crown Bay to Charlotte Amalie. We just say no, flash a few dead American presidents, and hop on to our own private taxi to Havensight. On the way back, we sometimes walk from Havensight to Charlotte Amalie and share a ride from there.

[quote name='IRL_Joanie'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue][B]
Melodie I know the Aft Wraps on Noordam has almost the same size verandahs as the Zuiderdam and Westerdam. NOTE: I said almost.....The narrower verandahs on NA are what had her as my least favorite ship. BUT...Always a But with me *GRIN*, The Noordam became least favorite due to our Aft Wrap divider on Deck 6 being welded shut. Also to be noted is that NA and Noordam (not sure abour Eurodam...Yet...) share an aft feature I do not like....the aft tiers instead of Deck 5 being completely covered. So you get the weather:(

We are Anchored off Little San Salvadore aka Half Moon Cay and the weather is once again perfect!! Temp is around 80 Fahrenheit, cloudless sky and an extremely calm sea. We were about 30 minutes late arriving due to a Princess ship in front of us. No, Princess did not come to OUR Island but was going to their own, which is in my estimation from looking at her is about 10-15 miles away. She was slow moving, which is why we were slightly late.

Carol, I wish we'd have been able to get together more, but timing.....It was awesome meeting 2 of my all time favorite CC members!!!!

OK, I have left than 5 minutes on my Net Book so need to get this posted.

I know hubby will post later so See Y'all tomorrow!!

Joanie[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]Thanks for the explanation Joanie, I see your points on the aft decks differences. Looking forward to more of your reports.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]