3rd time's the Charm

IRL_Joanie

With Joanie snoring in the background, I'm left to giving my thoughts of the day.

Speaking to the son-in-law of the individual in quarantine with noro virus, Joanie discovered that he actually had rhino virus along with a few others. So looks like no noro virus cases on board. rhino virus is similar to a mega head cold. FWIW Purell does not kill the rhino virus either.

Only two chocolate purses arrived for dinner in the stateroom. I was able to get pictures of mine but Joanie's disappeared in the blink of an eye. Will post pictures of the purse when we return home.

Since we have been to San Juan before, it was a lazy day aboard ship for both of us. Joanie met more CC members.

More later.

Thanks for the Noordam explanation.

You were lucky to have the chocolate purses delivered to your stateroom.

Last year on the Volendam I asked the Head Chef if the Chocolate Purse would be on the menu during the cruise, he had no knowledge of such a dessert.

Thanks for the Noordam explanation.

You were lucky to have the chocolate purses delivered to your stateroom.

Last year on the Volendam I asked the Head Chef if the Chocolate Purse would be on the menu during the cruise, he had no knowledge of such a dessert.

The pastry was only available for a short time on HAL. I showed several HAL crew the picture on my camera and they drooled. When I described how the chocolate flowed slowly from the pastry when split open, they wanted it even more.

With Joanie snoring in the background, I'm left to giving my thoughts of the day.

Speaking to the son-in-law of the individual in quarantine with noro virus, Joanie discovered that he actually had rhino virus along with a few others. So looks like no noro virus cases on board. rhino virus is similar to a mega head cold. FWIW Purell does not kill the rhino virus either.

Only two chocolate purses arrived for dinner in the stateroom. I was able to get pictures of mine but Joanie's disappeared in the blink of an eye. Will post pictures of the purse when we return home.

Since we have been to San Juan before, it was a lazy day aboard ship for both of us. Joanie met more CC members.

More later.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Chocolate Purses.

It was a great surprise for Joanie and I to be the first HAL-fleet passengers to savor the new Le Cirque menu that was introduced to HAL today.

To start the fleet-wide implementation, the NA chef will be traveling to the next ship in his task to train the chefs on each ship.

Joanie tasted the new wild burgundy escargot and pronounced it “exceptional” in both texture and flavor. She also loved the new garden pea soup with cheese dumplings and ldiazabal crisp. I tried the new Colorado lamb that came with a side pot of shredded lamb. My new entree was both flavorful and eye-appealing.

The new strawberry pavlova with basil and strawberry consome had Joanie rolling her eyes in extreme satisfaction.

I will be posting the new menu w/pictures and wine choices to my website soon.

Being the first to taste and report on the new offerings was a true privilege.

More later.

Edited by Crew News

It was a great surprise for Joanie and I to be the first HAL-fleet passengers to savor the new Le Cirque menu that was introduced to HAL today.

To start the fleet-wide implementation, the NA chef will be traveling to the next ship in his task to train the chefs on each ship.

Joanie tasted the new wild burgundy escargot and pronounced it “exceptional” in both texture and flavor. She also loved the new garden pea soup with cheese dumplings and ldiazabal crisp. I tried the new Colorado lamb that came with a side pot of shredded lamb. My new entree was both flavorful and eye-appealing.

The new strawberry pavlova with basil and strawberry consome had Joanie rolling her eyes in extreme satisfaction.

More later.

Exciting news. Thanks for sharing. It's time for a menu change on specialty dinners.

Lordy Lordy, I am going to be hard pressed in getting back to HomeDam. The days of lazing from the first morning awakening til the final nights eye droops are filled with just being out and out lazy and so relaxing:) Oh wow, what a terrible way to spend a cruise. Not a thing being done by me except being 100% lazy and enjoying the people who dedicate their time and effort into making sure my cruising experience is one to remember....They have succeeded:)

As hubby said we went to Le Cirque tonight and once again AlPar, the PG Manager sat me in a specific section and closed it off for any other diners, due to my perfume allergies). He assigned us the same PG Server every night and Let me tell ya, if you have Ervin as your server, you will be so pampered:)

I highly reccommend the Escargot, I am getting at least 2 of the escargot next week at Le Cirque, along with the Pea Soup, Chateaubriand and Strawberry Pavlova. So so so yummy and well worth going back for more:)

I talked to the Ships' Senior Medical Officer this evening and did confirm another CC member's comment that there is not one case of Noro on the ship, but are several (I did not press for numbers) of a Heavy Duty Upper chest/head cold called Rhino Virus, They have been treating the passengers in the Medical Center on the shiop with IV's, anti-biotics and nebulizer treatments. I did see 1 older gentleman being taken off the ship to an ambulance, but have no idea why. According to the Sr Ships Medical Officer, all patients have been released back to theor cabins and are free to roam at will since they are not contagious.

Time for me to close for now, meds are hitting, and say goodnight to one and all.

It is not hard to enjoy this cruise. Just being recognized by so many crew members from past cruises and meeting all the CC members that I've wanted to meet and even new members who are friendly as can be...Best cruise yet:)

Nighters all.

Before I forget this, on another thread regarding another CC members thoughts on his cruise on this ship, a CC member misstated what hubby and I said about ythe Purell.

There are Purell stations every where, BUT no Crew member is there at the stations pushing the use of it.

So, until tomorrow or Saturday...

JOanie Out

Do you mean "the first", or "among the first"? There's a difference. Are you saying that Le Cirque that night was limited to two patrons, and you were the chosen ones? Or are you saying that you had the earliest reservations of several that evening?

Lordy Lordy, I am going to be hard pressed in getting back to HomeDam. The days of lazing from the first morning awakening til the final nights eye droops are filled with just being out and out lazy and so relaxing:) Oh wow, what a terrible way to spend a cruise. Not a thing being done by me except being 100% lazy and enjoying the people who dedicate their time and effort into making sure my cruising experience is one to remember....They have succeeded:)

As hubby said we went to Le Cirque tonight and once again AlPar, the PG Manager sat me in a specific section and closed it off for any other diners, due to my perfume allergies). He assigned us the same PG Server every night and Let me tell ya, if you have Ervin as your server, you will be so pampered:)

I highly reccommend the Escargot, I am getting at least 2 of the escargot next week at Le Cirque, along with the Pea Soup, Chateaubriand and Strawberry Pavlova. So so so yummy and well worth going back for more:)

I talked to the Ships' Senior Medical Officer this evening and did confirm another CC member's comment that there is not one case of Noro on the ship, but are several (I did not press for numbers) of a Heavy Duty Upper chest/head cold called Rhino Virus, They have been treating the passengers in the Medical Center on the shiop with IV's, anti-biotics and nebulizer treatments. I did see 1 older gentleman being taken off the ship to an ambulance, but have no idea why. According to the Sr Ships Medical Officer, all patients have been released back to theor cabins and are free to roam at will since they are not contagious.

Time for me to close for now, meds are hitting, and say goodnight to one and all.

It is not hard to enjoy this cruise. Just being recognized by so many crew members from past cruises and meeting all the CC members that I've wanted to meet and even new members who are friendly as can be...Best cruise yet:)

Nighters all.

Before I forget this, on another thread regarding another CC members thoughts on his cruise on this ship, a CC member misstated what hubby and I said about ythe Purell.

There are Purell stations every where, BUT no Crew member is there at the stations pushing the use of it.

So, until tomorrow or Saturday...

JOanie Out

I am delighted to hear that there is no noro - thanks for confirming. However, the rhino virus going around is a bigger threat to many than noro. It goes to the lungs of some and gives them bronchitis and pneumonia. I don't understand why HAL doesn't quarantine them until the coughing has at least stopped. We had one typhoid Mary on the Prinsendam and within a few days the coughs were evident. I ended up in the medical centre out of necessity. Noro is over in a couple of days. This thing hangs on and on.

I am delighted to hear that there is no noro - thanks for confirming. However, the rhino virus going around is a bigger threat to many than noro. It goes to the lungs of some and gives them bronchitis and pneumonia. I don't understand why HAL doesn't quarantine them until the coughing has at least stopped. We had one typhoid Mary on the Prinsendam and within a few days the coughs were evident. I ended up in the medical centre out of necessity. Noro is over in a couple of days. This thing hangs on and on.

I've had a cough that I haven't been able to get rid of since March. I've been on a inhaler since May. Sometimes I cough a lot, sometimes not much. Just because someone coughs they may not have a cold. I'm sure if hal was concerned that they were contagious they would quarantine them. They do that for noro. Frankly I'm more concerned of people that have manners like pigs in the lido. That worries me more.

I've had a cough that I haven't been able to get rid of since March.

Sorry to learn that you have not been well for so long. Personally a persistent cough sends chills down my spine. DS gets pneumonia at the drop of a hat and it starts by coughing and ends with him fighting for his life in hospital. That is my number one worry on a ship...especially in the Lido. I have seen people coughing in the food lines. So perhaps that is the behaviour of which you speak?!

Sorry to learn that you have not been well for so long. Personally a persistent cough sends chills down my spine. DS gets pneumonia at the drop of a hat and it starts by coughing and ends with him fighting for his life in hospital. That is my number one worry on a ship...especially in the Lido. I have seen people coughing in the food lines. So perhaps that is the behaviour of which you speak?!

No, it more picking things up with their hands then putting it back, or just not washing their hands.

I've had 5 colds this year. It tiresome. I still can't get rid of the fluid on my ear. I've had X-rays and lung testing and my Dr feels it's environmental. I know I feel better when I'm away from calgary. Makes me wonder if this is a side effect of our floods.

Sorry about the thread drift.

I've had a cough that I haven't been able to get rid of since March. I've been on a inhaler since May. Sometimes I cough a lot, sometimes not much. Just because someone coughs they may not have a cold. I'm sure if hal was concerned that they were contagious they would quarantine them. They do that for noro. Frankly I'm more concerned of people that have manners like pigs in the lido. That worries me more.

rhino is treated like a cold and it is not quarantined (at least not on the cruises I have been on). I'm sorry about your cough,, but that is not what I am talking about and if you have a persistent cough then I would think you would be especially worried about this - it seems to go to the lungs for many people, It is not fun and I wouldn't want to see it added to your cough issues as that would definitely make it worse.

sorry didn't mean to divert the thread.

Do you mean "the first", or "among the first"? There's a difference. Are you saying that Le Cirque that night was limited to two patrons, and you were the chosen ones? Or are you saying that you had the earliest reservations of several that evening?

We were "the first" customers in the Le Cirque and the first passengers to see the new menu. The 30 minute head start that we had on all other customers allowed Joanie and I to be the first to taste the new offerings.

It will be several months before the other HAL ships receive the new menu since a single chef will be doing all of the training.

As the PG started to fill with new customers, their tasting of the offerings of the new menu were indeed subsequent to ours.

More later.

Wow, can't wait to see the new menu. I had no issues with the old one, will be interesting to see this new one. DH will be thrilled with the escargot. Are there any of the old dishs still on the menu?

We tried the new Cirque menu last night and had the spaghetti. It was served in a cream sauce with broccoli, fresh peas, mini asparagus and tomato. It sounds perfectly awful but it was absolutely delicious. We had a 7:30 reservation and the Pinnacle was full of diners.

We like to eat later but when we had our freebie Pinnacle dinner the other night we were forced to eat at 5:30. I think they offer the more unpopular times with the complimentary dinners.

We have eaten in the Pinnacle every night except one on this cruise and I think we are getting to like it. :)

We tried the new Cirque menu last night and had the spaghetti. It was served in a cream sauce with broccoli, fresh peas, mini asparagus and tomato. It sounds perfectly awful but it was absolutely delicious. We had a 7:30 reservation and the Pinnacle was full of diners.

Spaghetti alla Primavera ! Actually made popular by Le Cirque in the 1970's.