All-Inclusive Beverage Package

2+2

I am sure this has been asked before but I have a few questions about the all-inclussive beverage package. I will be going on the Regal.

Are there restrictions as to where you can get the drinks? Such as are the drinks available at the lounges, bars, dinning rooms,and spectialty dinning rooms?

I understand it is for drinks up to $10.00. What if you go over $10.00, do you just pay the difference?( like $2.00 for a $12.00 drink)?

Chime in on what you all think about the deal. Where you happy you bought it?

This answers one of your questions. Here is the text, including the exclusions. Coffee & Tea refers to espresso drinks and special teas sold in three or four places around the ship, not the free coffee and tea in the buffet area.

"Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items)."

Edited by sknight

Drinks are available anywhere you would normally be able to get a drink.

If you buy a $12 drink I'm pretty sure you are charged for the $12 drink. Most drinks are within the drink package pricing.

The drinks are free no matter where they are ordered. The sticker only includes drinks under $10; note the word “under.” A $10 drink is not included, and Vines does have a few glasses of wine that are $10 exactly. With that said, I’d guess that 80 percent of the wines at Vines are below $10. The card also covers things like specialty coffees, sparkling water, and ice cream drinks. You cannot pay the difference; a $9.99 drink is free; a $10 drink will cost you $10.

Outside of Vines the selection of wines by the glass is limited, including in the dining room. Just something to consider. You do get a 40 percent discount on bottles of wine, but I hate to pay for wine when free wine is on the menu.

I had the drink package on my last cruise and not sure I would buy it again. I’ve always carried a couple of bottles of wine on board with me and would have two or three glasses of wine from my stateroom supply combined with two or three drinks purchased at bars. I think this comes out cheaper. Some days I found myself ordering a couple of extra drinks just to get “my money’s worth,” which really isn’t all that healthy.

It really depends on how much drink. To some people, someone who drinks five drinks in a day is a raging alcoholic. To others, he’s practically a teetotaler.

On the Regal last week I thought long and hard about buying the all inclusive package. Every way I figured it, I thought that I would not quite break even. I finally decided to buy it just for convenience and the 40 percent discount on bottles of wine and for convenience. The first time I used it at one of the bars, I had a cocktail and the wife had a glass of wine, cocktail free, wine was 7 dollars plus the 15 percent service fee. Almost every time after that when we did the same thing and I presented my card for payment they did not charge for either drink. This happened in several bars and the Concerto Dining Room. It was clearly stated that it was only for one person, one drink at a time, but in reality it covered everything. Whenever the server did not charge anything I did slip him/her an extra buck or 2 in cash. I came out ahead.

I am sure it wasn't supposed to work that way, but it did.

The drinks are free no matter where they are ordered. The sticker only includes drinks under $10; note the word “under.” A $10 drink is not included, and Vines does have a few glasses of wine that are $10 exactly. With that said, I’d guess that 80 percent of the wines at Vines are below $10. The card also covers things like specialty coffees, sparkling water, and ice cream drinks. You cannot pay the difference; a $9.99 drink is free; a $10 drink will cost you $10.

Outside of Vines the selection of wines by the glass is limited, including in the dining room. Just something to consider. You do get a 40 percent discount on bottles of wine, but I hate to pay for wine when free wine is on the menu.

I had the drink package on my last cruise and not sure I would buy it again. I’ve always carried a couple of bottles of wine on board with me and would have two or three glasses of wine from my stateroom supply combined with two or three drinks purchased at bars. I think this comes out cheaper. Some days I found myself ordering a couple of extra drinks just to get “my money’s worth,” which really isn’t all that healthy.

It really depends on how much drink. To some people, someone who drinks five drinks in a day is a raging alcoholic. To others, he’s practically a teetotaler.

Had to laugh at that comment! Funny and true! :D

LuLu

The beverage package is advertised as including all drinks up to $10 and that was my experience on the Golden Princess both times I had the package. $10 glasses of wine at Vines were included.

Beverage Package Flyer.pdf

It isn't. As one officer told me last March shortly after the package was released when asked about sharing: "We know that Princess passengers are basically honest and won't share." And it's true. Most people know it's per-person and don't share.

It isn't. As one officer told me last March shortly after the package was released when asked about sharing: "We know that Princess passengers are basically honest and won't share." And it's true. Most people know it's per-person and don't share.

The way I saw some people ordering drinks on the last cruise it would make me wonder. I asked one of my bartender friends about any abuse & he just said it wasn't his problem. They just serve the drinks not police who actually drinks them.

Hi! Just a tiny thread hijack!!:o I would like to purchase the beverage package for my upcoming cruise...do I need to purchase ahead, or am I able to do it once I am onboard? Thanks!!

You can certainly purchase once aboard and is what we always do. No Problem! :)

LuLu

Hi! Just a tiny thread hijack!!:o I would like to purchase the beverage package for my upcoming cruise...do I need to purchase ahead, or am I able to do it once I am onboard? Thanks!!

Either.

They usually have a desk set up as you board selling them, or go to any bar.

The only dfference is that if you pre-purchase you pay when you purchase and your card is printed with it on, f you buy onboard they put a sticker on your acrd and charge your account. If you have OBC you want to use up leave it till you board, otherwise t doesn't really matter.

The way I saw some people ordering drinks on the last cruise it would make me wonder. I asked one of my bartender friends about any abuse & he just said it wasn't his problem. They just serve the drinks not police who actually drinks them.
I agree. What's gonna happen is that the price will go up. :)

On the Regal last week I thought long and hard about buying the all inclusive package. Every way I figured it, I thought that I would not quite break even. I finally decided to buy it just for convenience and the 40 percent discount on bottles of wine and for convenience. The first time I used it at one of the bars, I had a cocktail and the wife had a glass of wine, cocktail free, wine was 7 dollars plus the 15 percent service fee. Almost every time after that when we did the same thing and I presented my card for payment they did not charge for either drink. This happened in several bars and the Concerto Dining Room. It was clearly stated that it was only for one person, one drink at a time, but in reality it covered everything. Whenever the server did not charge anything I did slip him/her an extra buck or 2 in cash. I came out ahead.

I thought both people in the cabin are required to buy the package. So only one person can buy?

The beverage package is advertised as including all drinks up to $10 and that was my experience on the Golden Princess both times I had the package. $10 glasses of wine at Vines were included.

When I was at Vines the waiter charged my wife's $8 glass of champagne to my free account and then charged me for the $10 glass of wine I ordered, as he said otherwise he would have to charge for both. Does anybody know how I go about getting my $2 back?

I'd have to agree with you there. I work with some folks who are halfway wasted after one glass of wine. I can drink a fair amount without really noticing it. Different bodies with different metabolisms. I'm sure I could surely "get my monies worth" but I don't really want to drink that much and I really don't want to spend that much on alcohol. Just because I could easily drink that much without getting drunk doesn't mean I want to spend that much money on alcohol. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

We just purchased the beverage package for our entire cabin, mom dad and kids. I don't want to have to worry about drinks. Doing it ahead of time ensures I will drink what I want when I want it. I am not worried about getting my money's worth. It will keep me to drinks under $10 though. I think with water and coffee we will come out even; and if we don't, I'm OK with that as well.

Basically whether it's stealing in a department store or taking home office supplies, theft is the cost of doing business. I'm sure that the few people who cheat on any of the drink packages doesn't effect the bottom line. Remember many passengers who purchase the drink package probably don't even break even and there is probably a percentage factored into the price for sharing.