Caribbean princess power outage

dizlove

Not sure what the problem is but we are stopped in the water right now. Ship had power issue for 1/2 hour but has not started moving again. We are due in port Everglades in he morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On one of the Cruise ship tracking sites it says it is going 17.3 kn eight minutes ago. Is that slower that she shoud be doing?
It's not unusual for ships to slow down or even circle around as they approach a port. Schedules build in time for delays so often, they arrive in the area early. The CB is near Nassau, Bahamas and will probably slow down tonight to arrive on time in the morning.

c5a0845a9b3cc6195ad06374eb5733aa.jpg

It's not unusual for ships to slow down or even circle around as they approach a port. Schedules build in time for delays so often, they arrive in the area early. The CB is near Nassau, Bahamas and will probably slow down tonight to arrive on time in the morning.

Thanks Pam. I was not sure of the speed of the ship.

The bridge came on and said there was a power outage and some elevators would be effected. the MUTS went out during the cowboys/colts game and the cabin tbs were out for about an hour. Some of the more central cabins did not have power. The ship was pretty stationary for about and hour and a half. but all was well. dinner service was fine, everything was restored to normal, evening activities were just as planned. We arrived at the port on time. Princess handles everything great and keeps everyone well informed. ALL IS GOOD! except now, I am off the ship and looking forward to my next princess cruise....

The bridge came on and said there was a power outage and some elevators would be effected. the MUTS went out during the cowboys/colts game and the cabin tbs were out for about an hour. Some of the more central cabins did not have power. The ship was pretty stationary for about and hour and a half. but all was well. dinner service was fine, everything was restored to normal, evening activities were just as planned. We arrived at the port on time. Princess handles everything great and keeps everyone well informed. ALL IS GOOD! except now, I am off the ship and looking forward to my next princess cruise....

Its happened to us a few times over the years.

This happened in PV on our Sapphire cruise last March while at the dock. Capt said we blew out a circuit board on one of the generators.

Or there was a hot dog stuck in the warp drive mechanism.

We were on board. It didn't just slow down. We were "dead" in the water, with many (most) parts of the ship plunged into darkness, with no power whatsoever until emergency generators kicked on a few lights. On Riviera starboard forward, we were without power for close to a half-hour.

We were on board. It didn't just slow down. We were "dead" in the water, with many (most) parts of the ship plunged into darkness, with no power whatsoever until emergency generators kicked on a few lights. On Riviera starboard forward, we were without power for close to a half-hour.

The OP said stopped as well. Don't know where the slowing down came in.

We were on the Caribbean Princess yesterday during the power failure . The power went off at 5:05 pm yesterday . We continued sailing , slowed at 5:15 and then stopped . The power returned and all systems returned to normal at about 5:35 . There were no further outages and we returned to port at 7:19 this morning .

Hi,

I also read from another cruiser whose thread I've been following that he is home, and catching up on all the necessary chores like laundry and Christmas wrapping. He and his wife were on a b2b2b2b2b. LOL.

I'm glad to hear that all is well. And, the entertainer in Crooners got to start his Christmas break!

Have a great holiday week, Everyone!

Lynne