My Quantum review is up!

ChristieNJ

For anyone interested in my review of the 12/1-12/2014 Quantum cruise :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=267740

Nice summary Christie, thx for sharing both positive and negative.

Your second paragraph of the review can't be said enough. Were you at the Capt's Corner day 10? What a disgrace. I was embarrased to be a C&A member having others speaking for me on the mic.

Nice summary Christie, thx for sharing both positive and negative.

Your second paragraph of the review can't be said enough. Were you at the Capt's Corner day 10? What a disgrace. I was embarrased to be a C&A member having others speaking for me on the mic.

No, I was quarantined on day 10 lol. But it was amazing how nasty people can get.

Edited by ChristieNJ

For anyone interested in my review of the 12/1-12/2014 Quantum cruise :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=267740

Great Great review, can't wait to sail on her in April! Sorry to hear about the illness issue. Am also a traditional didning fan but will go with the flow. Being that I am an hour from the port I'm sure I'll being sailing Anthem more than once, thats for sure...K.O.:)

Great Great review, can't wait to sail on her in April! Sorry to hear about the illness issue. Am also a traditional didning fan but will go with the flow. Being that I am an hour from the port I'm sure I'll being sailing Anthem more than once, thats for sure...K.O.:)

Thanks all :)

And I'm an hour from the port too! So I guess we have to get used to it, if we don't want to fly! lol

Really great review, thanks for taking the time to do it. Sorry you all got sick; I hope everyone has recovered.

I very much appreciate your upbeat attitude about your experience on a totally new ship (particularly given the fact that you missed so much due to being sick, not to mention had all the issues with your cabin).

Thanks again.

Hi neighbor, I'm also at the Jersey Shore about an hour from the port. (GSP exit 100) Loved the review. I was on the 3 night sampler, and sometimes I think I was on a different ship from reading some of the reviews. The only problem, if you can call it that, was our dinner in The Grande took over two hours, but the food was great, and we really didn't have anything planned for right after, so it was an enjoyable relaxed dinner.

I have a question. I'm in 6214 on the Anthem 3/7/16. I picked it because I read that it was between the lifeboats, and you had a pretty good view. I'm assuming that there will be something similar to the robotic bar on Anthem, and I was wondering what time did the music stop. I'm usually not back in my cabin until around 1am so if it's before that, I should be OK.

Thanks so much! We really had a great 6 days before we all got sick. Stuff happens....it was a bummer but it's just something you gotta deal with.

And as regards the Seapass, yes, we got them right inside the terminal before getting on the ship. So we already had them in hand. :)

***Christie***

Hi neighbor, I'm also at the Jersey Shore about an hour from the port. (GSP exit 100) Loved the review. I was on the 3 night sampler, and sometimes I think I was on a different ship from reading some of the reviews. The only problem, if you can call it that, was our dinner in The Grande took over two hours, but the food was great, and we really didn't have anything planned for right after, so it was an enjoyable relaxed dinner.

I have a question. I'm in 6214 on the Anthem 3/7/16. I picked it because I read that it was between the lifeboats, and you had a pretty good view. I'm assuming that there will be something similar to the robotic bar on Anthem, and I was wondering what time did the music stop. I'm usually not back in my cabin until around 1am so if it's before that, I should be OK.

Hi neighbor! Exit 82 here! Lol I think you should be ok, as around 1:00/1:30 is when the music stopped. Our cabin was between the life boats (smack next to yours lol) so if we looked toward our right, we could see the ocean. But my parents had the lifeboat right in their view, so that was a bummer. Like I had said in my review, if we were told of this or was given the option to have an unobstructed view, we would have opted for that in a second. But oh well, we made the best of it!

***Christie***

Edited by ChristieNJ

Great review. Agree with you about Café Promenade. You said that your SeaPasses were brought to you at terminal. Not waiting for you on cabin door?

Ok I am apparently losing my mind LOL. I just checked with my daughter and she said that our Seapass cards were waiting for us in the cabin along with our wow bands. It's really sad when I can't remember something that happened just a couple weeks ago! hehehe! Maybe the virus got into my brain. ;)

***Christie***

Edited by ChristieNJ

Ok I am apparently losing my mind LOL. I just checked with my daughter and she said that our Seapass cards were waiting for us in the cabin along with our wow bands. It's really sad when I can't remember something that happened just a couple weeks ago! hehehe! Maybe the virus got into my brain. ;)

***Christie***

... OR you're still in chillaxed cruise mode! :)

Thanks for the response.

Great review, Christie. I'm excited to sail on Jan 23. Do you believe my 11 years old daughter will enjoy the ship activities? Besides the 30 teens did you also meet younger children onboard?

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk

Thank you, everyone! And yes, I do believe your 11-year-old will enjoy the ships activities. There were younger children on board for our cruise, although not many. Probably because it was such a long cruise plus it was right before Christmas break.and for your daughters age group, they will surely have more activity set throughout the day than they do for the TVs. When my daughter was 11, we could barely drag her out of Adventure Ocean because they had so many great activities! I'm sure your daughter will love it. Even if there aren't that many other younger children, when your daughter goes to Adventure Ocean, she will have more personalized attention and will have just as much fun!

***Christie***

Thanks for the balanced review. We had friends on the TA who also had a positive attitude and was wondering why all the negatives. New ships with new things do have problems. I figure i'm on vacation and someone else is cooking, cleaning, and I get to sit by a pool, how can I complain!

We sail on her on Jan. 23 with my dh, son, daughter-in-law, and 2 yo granddaughter. Can't wait. We are also in NJ , but due west in Morris County. I have my concerns about dd but when I went to the reveal party last year Adam Goldstein and Lisa assured us it would work. We'll see.

Thanks for the balanced review. We had friends on the TA who also had a positive attitude and was wondering why all the negatives. New ships with new things do have problems. I figure i'm on vacation and someone else is cooking, cleaning, and I get to sit by a pool, how can I complain!

We sail on her on Jan. 23 with my dh, son, daughter-in-law, and 2 yo granddaughter. Can't wait. We are also in NJ , but due west in Morris County. I have my concerns about dd but when I went to the reveal party last year Adam Goldstein and Lisa assured us it would work. We'll see.

I agree...if I'm not doing cooking or cleaning, I'm good! Lol. And yes I figured things wouldn't be running silky smooth yet, so I expected some bumps in the road. I hope DD does get better because it was noticeably shaky, and maybe that's why I wasn't totally thrilled with it. If we do end up choosing Anthem over Liberty for next year, I hope things are a little more organized. Even as regards the alternate menu, we got it on one particular night, then the next night when we went back to the same restaurant we were told that it wasn't available that night, or ever before! We tried to explain we got the alternate menu the night before, so the waiter went to find it. He produced a menu totally different from the one the night before and insisted that that's the only one the restaurant had. Just little frustrations like that, but hopefully they will be worked out as time goes on.

***Christie***

Thank you so much for such a thorough review - and so sorry that the "bug" hit your family.

Since obviously you spent more time in your cabin than you planned - were there enough television choices to help past your time or is everything pay for view?

Were your cabins ready when you boarded - after your visit to the WJ? Time?

Thanks so much for your help