Say it ain't so --- Limit on Lobster Tails

On our recent Celebrity cruise, lobster night was 1/2 tail, 3 scallops & two shrimp. I didn't hear of any limit on the number of entrees one could have.

That being said - 1/2 lobster tail is ridiculous.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Indeed it is. :eek: Who comes up with such cheapskate ideas? It only makes the passengers angry and promotes ill will. You'd think someone from headquarters would have to approve any such knucklehead adjustments in menus before they are enacted.

This sounds like the ship couldn't get the right allotment from their usual supplier for that cruise. At least I hope that's the explanation.

We have always found a way to survive with the cutbacks on cruise ships.

No more chocolate................thank God, means less time on the treadmill!

Limit on Seafood, Lobster tails, I don't eat seafood, I will donate mine to the cause (aka DH).

As long as I can cruise, I will be a happy cruiser.

Sea Ya

:eek:

I was slightly behooved by this as I have been on Carnival and Princess myself where I would have up 8 lobster tails. I love to eat, and I have no shame in it. I'm by no means overweight or obese (if that even matters), I'm actually in excellent shape (and use the fitness facility every morning and walk a lot while cruising). Every cruise, our waiter learns real quick that I'm an eater, and always has wonderful surprises for us.....(i.e. Arrive for dinner, he would have 6 plates of Sushi Apps (On Sushi night) ready for me; always have two shrimp cocktails ready for me every evening). Yes, we tip appropriately as my wife and i have both been in the restaurant business for a decade when we were in school and college.

I go on a cruise to eat, see some sights, and have a great time. I'm no food snob by any means, so lobster on a ship always taste delicious to me. I'll never forget our honeymoon cruise on the Caribbean Princess and they had crab legs....I couldn't tell you how many plates I ordered that night in the formal dining room. Another lovely couple we were sitting with were also indulging as we both were not ashamed nor should we. We pay just like everyone else.

Now, I feel a little leery from going on an RCI cruise, but seems like my parents just got unlucky due to an older, smaller ship possibly.

We love Carnival and never had issues with "drunks!" The price you pay for the value we get, can't beat it. Love to go on the Oasis one of these days as it looks absolutely stunning.

Thanks for all the replies.

Thing is ... the lobster tails are not very good anyway. :rolleyes:

LuLu

I haven't gone back and read the whole thread but once you have had a fresh lobster you will realize your not missing that Much........you need to get out More

I have not read this whole thread so I hope that this is an original thought, perhaps Royal Caribbean should name their next ship Gluttony of the seas.

......and on the new ships the entire 1st deck is just reserved for the waste water treatment plant...........and more bad news for the gluttons.......one ply paper.........................:eek:

Thing is being from the Midwest we love having lobster. When we can find it here it's usually extremely expensive and typically not fresh. Having it on a cruise (whether from warm or cold water) is a real treat.

Now if you are talking steak or pizza....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have not read this whole thread so I hope that this is an original thought, perhaps Royal Caribbean should name their next ship Gluttony of the seas.

Haha. I always say instead of the Vision and the Grandeur they should have just made one ship called "Visions of Grandeur".