Paper Luggage Tags

Meena

This will be our first Princess cruise, although we have done over 20 Celebrity cruises in past years. We printed our luggage tags when we did the boarding passes and since they are paper, my question is . . . how in the heck do they stay on and not get ripped to shreds. The instructions say to fold over and staple on, but still with the massive amount of luggage going onboard, and me being a skeptic, it seems like someone's tags will get ripped. Please . . . any suggestions!!

Don't remember the website any more, but I bought heavy duty plastic sleeves that the boarding passes fit perfectly. So far, no problems. Just Google luggage tags or cruise tags.

Other people wrap them in plastic wrap and use various types of ties to keep them on.

I always put a black and white copy inside my luggage, too just in case.

You'll probably get lots of good answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We carry a small roll of scotch tape with us and we also attach the tags when leaving the hotel and going to the pier. We attach two tags to each suitcase, one on each handle, plus the suitcases do have our names on the luggage tags. They have never fallen off yet. Agree the paper tags are not the best system, but Princess hasn't mailed any documents for years now.

We have used the paper tags alone by stapling them to the suitcase handle on four of our five cruises. We staple them at the hotel prior to the transfer to the ship. They have never been torn or missing. I use several staples per tag.

On our last cruise we used the plastic sleeves and put the paper tags in them and attached to the suitcase handles with the heavy duty plastic elastic that came with the sleeves.

I put a strip of packing tape down the middle of the back side of the paper tags to add some strength. I've used various methods of attaching them: stapled (as instructed), tied with string, zip ties, and packing tape. They've always stayed on.

This will be our first Princess cruise, although we have done over 20 Celebrity cruises in past years. We printed our luggage tags when we did the boarding passes and since they are paper, my question is . . . how in the heck do they stay on and not get ripped to shreds. The instructions say to fold over and staple on, but still with the massive amount of luggage going onboard, and me being a skeptic, it seems like someone's tags will get ripped. Please . . . any suggestions!!

We put them in plastic too, however they work well if you fold them per the instructions, they just wont hold up if they get wet.

We always put on the tags when we are checking out of the hotel to head to the port. I just borrow a stapler from the front desk. Never had a problem

Ditto for us. Although for the past couple of years we have used the clear tags that specifically hold Princess labels. I think we got them online from Serendipity. I just pack them in our suitcases and attach them as we leave the hotel for the pier. No need to track down a stapler any more. :)

They will be fine, if you follow the instructions provided it makes the tag quite thick and tougher to tear. Thousands of cruisers have done tags this way with relatively few problems.

We use HP Brochure paper which works fine in an ordinary printer and is thicker than normal printer paper. We carry a "mini" stapler and attach to luggage after arriving at destination airport (if flying in day of) or prior to leaving hotel (pre-cruise stay).

We put clear packing tape on the tags before cutting them out - then punch a hole and use zip ties to close it over the luggage handle at the hotel before heading to the docks. Virtually indestructible!

I use the clear packing tape with staples never had a problem. I like the zip tie idea! Thanks

Edited by Bubba54