Celebrity Fatigue

parallax

Are Seabourn's ships really only carrying 200 to 400 passengers or so? They look real nice, I just looked at them given your cabin descriptions, but for me, I need more people to enjoy the trip.

The smaller ships are either now or will be Windstar. The three new Seabourn ships have 450 passengers. They will begin sailing a new ship in 2016 with 600.

The smaller size allows the ship to dock at smaller ports, great in the Mediterranean. The price include alcohol food and gratuities, in port transfers etc .

The food is EXPONENTIALLY better. ( maybe the Suite restaurant will change that ?) There isn't as much nightlife on Seabourn, two good lounges. ( I see you travel with Pied Piper ).

Celebrity is probably better if you're single, or on a Transatlantic . I actually met my GF on a Celebrity transatlantic two years ago. We were both sailing solo.

I will admit to some of the same feelings as the OP. That said, I use cruises as a way to "debrief" and as such, kind of enjoy the mundaneness of it all.

I no longer see the shows, I tend to socialize in the Martini bar or at dinner, and spend the days relaxing. I figure I can do all this on any ship. For me it boils down to the calming sea. I'd be happy to take a 7 day "cruise to nowhere" with no ports just to watch the sea. This is why I am in love with TA's.

Now that I've achieved Elite+ status, I am looking to try out some Royal Caribbean ships, but so far have not booked anything, but starting to explore. I can also see a Disney ship (been a while since I've had my Disney fix, and a ship seems a great way to feed that) and Cunard in my future - I'd love to do a back and forth Cunard NY-UK and back again B2B.

Hey Cleveland guy, I'm Canton guy! We made elite on our last cruise and are looking forward to our third year in a row on the Eclipse in the same CS suite. We had that same room booked for 2016 as well. We have always had a great time.

We've been next to Oasis and Allure a couple times and wondered what it'd be like to be on one of them. So I looked into a GS for a back to back on the Oasis and found they have a deal, going on now, that saved us over $4000 when compared to the CS on the Eclipse in 2/2016. No doubt we booked it. I am watching videos on the Oasis and am more excited about our 2016 cruise than this years coming up! lol The only other cruise line we've used was HAL once.

Our goal is escaping the Ohio winter for a couple weeks in February. Maybe I can watch the Browns in the super bowl on a cruise ship one of these years! lol A man can dream can't he!!! Oh yea, go Bucks!

I could only wish for cruise fatigue. Not really.

We can only manage one cruise a year, and I look forward to it so much that have to ignore Cruise Critic for months at a time otherwise I would be wishing my life away instead of living it.

Next one is in March and I am already almost wetting myself in anticipation.

Ed (Miched), sorry to see you & Anita have cancelled your March cruise, but completely understand. You have done the March & November Eclipse quite a few times. Have fun on your next cruise, Mardi Gras is one of my dreams.

Cheers, h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

I felt the same way as the OP some years back. It didn't have anything to do with service, food or anything Crystal and Celebrity offered. It was just that I wanted to do other things and took a hiatus from cruising for a few years and did more adventure type trips. When I retired, I decided to go back to cruising more and am enjoying every moment, probably because I don't have a certain amount of vacation time, since my whole life is a vacation now.

Before we retired, we cruised frequently on 7-10 day trips on a variety of lines and ships to many,many places. Now in retirement, we don't tolerate flying as well so prefer to go for longer trips to get away and stay away, to break up the cold Canadian winter. We will continue to use different lines for spicy variety, but we like the package that Celebrity offers and they will probably remain our base for a while.

In a word, we have no fatigue. We love to cruise.

We can only manage one cruise a year, and I look forward to it so much that have to ignore Cruise Critic for months at a time otherwise I would be wishing my life away instead of living it.

Ed (Miched), sorry to see you & Anita have cancelled your March cruise, but completely understand. You have done the March & November Eclipse quite a few times. Have fun on your next cruise, Mardi Gras is one of my dreams.

Cheers, h.

It is on a different ship plus sailing out of Ft Lauderdale, prefer that over Miami that is like being in a foreign country. All of the CC and above are already sold out, but I can see many cancellations around final payment as there is talk about the ship will be docking at the new port in NOLA that is miles away instead of the current port that is within walking distance. There is already over 20 pages on the roll call and most of it is about the change of port and that cruise is Feb 2017.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We decided to cruise Celebrity based on the smoking policy. Very happy for the smokeless atmosphere. After trying it, we decided to sail consistantly to achieve Elite status so it would open up other options on the other brands.

Funny thing, at the end of the year we will be just past Elite Plus. So, we didn't try those brands yet. Initially we were intrigued about Azamara, but I am not completely sold on it yet, not in the same way I think of Oceania. By now, we also rarely see shows, they definitely are not as amazing as they once were.

After last falls series of posts about cuts and quality I hit fatigue and began to realize it was time to shop a bit. My husband doesn't read CC, and he was less interested in canceling and rebooking something new. We kept our booking and thank goodness many of the cuts had been repaired, however we now spend more to get the higher wow factor. This also means at that price point I do feel compelled to compare. We already want to explore River cruising in China and Europe.

Cathy...I love that it is less about the cruise line and more about spending time with cruise friends. How lovely.

I hope the reviews for other experiences show up, looking forward to hearing about it.

Cheers, h.

I love your enthusiasm and I hope your cruise is all you are looking forward to and more.

Celebrity fatigue? Not yet because we never repeat itineraries, and Celebrity remains the best fit for the hotel side of cruising for us.

Cruising fatigue as a whole? Maybe, because the cruise lines too often continue with the same boring itineraries year after year. It's all very well introducing ever bigger ships with ever more bells and whistles, but many of us cruise for destination first and foremost.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Edited by harz99

I agree MA Bell...many cities are fun to do again and again. I save something for the next time in order to have time to take in more atmosphere. Nothing stays the same for long. Even Rome...after six weeks over four visits something changes or can be seen differently.

I just feel so blessed to be able to do the traveling that we have done.

One thing I learned from our first cruise was how easy it was to travel this way.

We have done a lot of land/air/rail travel, and the ship travel is so much simpler.

On our first cruise, Sydney to Honolulu, by the time we got home we had been traveling for 3 1/2 months. It was quite a culture shock to realize no one was here to make my bed, cook the meals, get us to where we wanted to go. To help allay my disappointment I booked more cruises. :)

Joan (Ma Bell) I can't imagine you getting bored anywhere! We have booked the Eclipse for 2016 because we didnt feel we had enough of the islands last time.

If I run out of places to see there are always people to meet. Never leave a cruise without a few extra friends.

Ed (miched) 58 that is the cruise I was playing with for 2017, We get scared booking so far ahead, but we thought we would get a couple of options prepared in case there are any good deals when we are aboard the Century in March.

TeaBag,60 thank you for your nice comment, enthusiasm is my second name. Which can sometimes be to the detriment of those who have to put up with me on a roll call; luckily they can scatter on the ship.

Cheers, h

But the Carnival, although nice reminded us why we like Celebrity.

If I could afford to go in the Yacht Club I would surely try it. That sounds very interesting.

After 25 X trips (avg 2/yr), since there's no light at end of the tunnel to Zenith, we're trying 4-day MSC Divina Yacht Club this Feb. (Thinking nautical, Zenith as a 'bridge too far" might be better pun)

Yes its a step up in $ but 14-day is all-inclusive and reportedly a better value than X sky suite. The main negative I've seen reported about YC is this 'ship within a ship" being too quiet. I'll soon know first hand.

They apparently have occasional sales and they do offer 10% military discount.

Also doing 1st tryout of +$ Oceania in 2016 - reports on their cuisine are tantalizing. Their transatlantic price is a relative bargain (includes rd-trip air). I anticipate I'll enjoy it a lot and will face a future choice of 1 Oceania annually vs 2 X.

Celebrity fatigue? Not yet because we never repeat itineraries, and Celebrity remains the best fit for the hotel side of cruising for us. Cruising fatigue as a whole? Maybe, because the cruise lines too often continue with the same boring itineraries year after year. It's all very well introducing ever bigger ships with ever more bells and whistles, but many of us cruise for destination first and foremost.

Appreciate these varied and added comments, insights, etc. As noted above the cruise ship might be your "hotel" as you travel and experience various interesting and diverse ports. Others seek the cruise line to be more of the total and complete "resort". Hotel versus resort?? That can be a key factor for how people evaluate and value things.

Agree 100% with this poster on the DESTINATIONS being the key and driving factor for us and our interests.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 92,261 views for this posting.