stressing over ifly, how do they check your within weight limits?

missmad

i have been dieting for my life before our upcoming trip and I'm going to be cutting it fine on the weight limit for the ifly, which i have my heart set on doing, are they going to whip out the scales and weight me and possibly turn me away lol, seriously how do they check if your under weight limit?

i have been dieting for my life before our upcoming trip and I'm going to be cutting it fine on the weight limit for the ifly, which i have my heart set on doing, are they going to whip out the scales and weight me and possibly turn me away lol, seriously how do they check if your under weight limit?

Yes, they might. Read some of the other Ripcord related threads for what has happened on other sailings.

I can totally relate about being stressed out.

I was on NCL Breakaway and when I was weighed before the big free-fall waterslide. Needless to say, it was embarrassing/upsetting as I was denied because i was exactly 3 pounds over the limit =(

As some have said they weigh some groups and not others. The logic behind this is that they weigh the groups where they suspect an individual or two might be over the limit. The Limit is required simply because there is a maximum weight that the fan can make fly, and as all flights are attended a maximum weight that the support attendant can comfortably control to ensure safety.

The scale is right by the check-in counter for IFly. The guy who checks you in makes everyone to get on the scale and he actually looks at the results. At least that happened while we were waiting in line. Also, I did not do it myself. But I was waiting for my husband so for about 30-40 min so while I was hanging there everyone got on the scale. Just few people were not allowed due to the weight limit.

Does anyone know what height/weight is allowed?

"IFLY Rules" Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs. Children under 18 years of age need to have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver. If you have a prior shoulder dislocation or back or neck problems you should not fly.

"IFLY Rules" Those less than 6 feet tall must weigh less than 230 lbs, and those over 6 feet must weigh less than 250 lbs. Children under 18 years of age need to have a parent or guardian to sign their waiver. If you have a prior shoulder dislocation or back or neck problems you should not fly.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

They have the scale right at the desk. If they think you might be over the weight limit, they weigh everyone in the group so as not to single anyone out. They will then discreetly tell you that for safety reasons you can not fly.:(

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Did they give the people who were over the limit a refund? I also noticed a new addition to the details - you must fit into the jumpsuit to be allowed too.  So I have no idea now if they have a jumpsuit I'd fit or not. I also hope they give a refund if that is the reason. 

Edited by BuFFETS Time

Did iFly on Anthem Jan 2021.  Made the weight limit by 4 lbs.  Stretched a suit around my shoulders, tried on 5 helmets until one finally fit past my ears.  I should have taken all this as a warning.  I was bouncing off the walls and the floor.  The attendant had a struggle keeping me stable.  Maybe a commercial land based tunnel would have worked, but the narrow tube on the Anthem didn't provide a memorable flight (just some memorable bruises).  Dieting for health is OK, but trying to lose for iFly (or a wedding) just ain't worth it.

• Like 2

I’m 6’6 and was over by about 8lbs. Couldn’t go on. Didn’t bother me too much as I expected it and says right when you sign up I’d have to be under 250.

WHile watching my family another dad was beside me saying he was over by 0.5lbs and couldn’t fly. As someone said it is a safety thing so being strict with it is expected. At my height I doubt I’d be able to stretch across the tube anyway.We were on the TP cruise so I fly was free so don’t know about the refund. Only reason I could see them not giving a refund is the rules are very clear when signing up and if they deny someone it may be too short notice to fill it with someone else……

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BND said:

We haven't done ifly but when we did Northstar they did weigh us.

I’ve heard that on the Northstar, one person even 5 pounds over the weight limit was denied while their spouse was over 100 pounds under got on at the time. You’d think they’d average them as it’ll be under the overall weight limit, but they don’t. I guess it’ll be a goal for that person to make weight next time.