Explorer Bookings

Mr Rumor

Another fun bit with the 'free' tours - because they are free it seems that people book every last one ASAP. So if you wait too long (or don't ante up for a high enough cabin class, or aren't a Titanium member) you may find that you can't avail yourself of the 'free' excursions.

I loved Radisson. When Regent took over things were fine. It's what Regents morphed into along with with my belief that PCH doesn't know what luxury is combined with what appears to be severe issues with veracity from corporate that have soured me on the line.

Another fun bit with the 'free' tours - because they are free it seems that people book every last one ASAP. So if you wait too long (or don't ante up for a high enough cabin class, or aren't a Titanium member) you may find that you can't avail yourself of the 'free' excursions.

I loved Radisson. When Regent took over things were fine. It's what Regents morphed into along with with my belief that PCH doesn't know what luxury is combined with what appears to be severe issues with veracity from corporate that have soured me on the line.

I think you know that I have been highly vocal regarding 'free' excursions. since the inception of this program. However, I understand that this was a way that Regent was able to fill their ships during the downturn of the economy. IMO, it is past time for Regent to offer an opt out option.

I have also been against the concierge program from before it was ever launched -- many customers were. Thankfully they modified the program somewhat (originally there was going to be priority boarding for "concierge" level passengers). Again, I understood why they implemented the program. Radisson built 3 ships with most of the suites being the exact same size. This made it very difficult to sell. This will not be the case with the Explorer but it is doubtful that Regent will do away with this program. I strongly believe that boarding, dining reservations and excursion reservations should be first come, first served.

In any case, it is what it is -- at least for now. I do have hope that there will eventually be a change to the excursion program..

It is too bad that there isn't a place where newbies could go to read the history of Radisson/Regent in the last 7-8 years. It would be interesting reading and would give an insight as to why some of us feel the way that we do (even though some people would not agree).

Edited by Travelcat2

doesn't Del Rio....who supposedly follows this forum very closely, step in and clarify or correct any of the comments on this board before these threads get locked or removed as usual? It seems that he participates somewhat about Oceania but has only stopped by a few times for Regent. Would that not be helpful to this company to set some things straight? Discussions could go on based on info that came straight from the top. He seems to be effective on the Oceania forum.

Trying to correct or clarify three CC boards would be a full time job. He has his hands rather full at the moment. While I'm sure there are other people at PCH and NCL that follow Cruise Critic, Frank has not been following it for a while (Regent on Oceania).

In terms of Oceania being his baby, I agreed 100% at one time. While it still has a special place in his heart since he and his family put their hearts and souls into the cruise line, he has some strong feelings for Regent as well. I asked him about that and he said that once he became involved with Regent (and when I say "involved", this includes getting on his hands and knees during refurbishments, staying on the 24/7 while the ships were being torn apart and regularly lost power. I heard from crew members how hard FDR and his family worked on the Regent refurbishments). As you will recall, he selected Regent to celebrate his special birthday - not Oceania.

Emperor Norton -- Mark Conroy has not been the "horse" for five years (time flies and I do miss him).

Trying to correct or clarify three CC boards would be a full time job. He has his hands rather full at the moment. While I'm sure there are other people at PCH and NCL that follow Cruise Critic, Frank has not been following it for a while (Regent on Oceania).

Perhaps he should. Maybe he is. How would we know?

Perhaps he should. Maybe he is. How would we know?

You don't know but I do because he told me. I choose to believe him and personally do not feel that he should even attempt to respond to accusations, misinformation, etc. He has three cruise lines to run.

Yikes, does "Frank" or doesn't he ... I expect we don't need to care one way or the other. Corporate sorts will be monitoring this and other boards. Regardless of what HE did or didn't tell the variously anointed.

I understand this board could be a modestly interesting market research site for Regent but, honestly, we need to get over ourselves in terms of biblical importance. This board is but a tiny slice of opinion awash in, ahem, a much bigger sea.

Yikes, does "Frank" or doesn't he ... I expect we don't need to care one way or the other. Corporate sorts will be monitoring this and other boards. Regardless of what HE did or didn't tell the variously anointed.

I understand this board could be a modestly interesting market research site for Regent but, honestly, we need to get over ourselves in terms of biblical importance. This board is but a tiny slice of opinion awash in, ahem, a much bigger sea.

You are new to Regent and I "get" that you would not particularly care who monitors the boards. Many long time Regent customers remember when both the CEO and President of Regent regularly responded to posts on Cruise Critic. They did and still feel that Cruise Critic is an important "voice" which is why the boards are monitored.

Not sure why you felt it necessary to make such a negative post. Fizzy asked me a question and I responded -- nothing more or less than that. I do recall the time that you were very interested in what posters had to say and asked many questions. This is where CC really shines -- giving newbies varying opinions. Hopefully, CC will continue to be important to thousands of CC members in the future. When it is no longer important, posters simply go on to other things.

Edited by Travelcat2

• 1 month later...

Now, back to the topic of this thread...

It was announced this morning on the Voyager that additional itineraries for the Explorer will be released online, probably later today. Bookings will open in another week.

From Rome (Nov 2016), the Explorer will do a transatlantic cruise. Eventually it will then do a Panama canal transit, and head to California.

Stay tuned for details.

Thanks for the heads-up, Anchorbuoy! The Explorer's mid-November, 2016-mid-January, 2017 itinerary is now up on the Regent website. Here are the cruises:

Rome-Miami, 16 nights. Departs November 16, 2016

Miami-Miami, 14 nights. Departs December 4, 2016

Miami-Miami, 10 nights. Departs December 18, 2016

Miami-Los Angeles, 16 nights. Departs December 28, 2016

240 days if you're in a Concierge Suite or above or if you're Silver or above. 180 days otherwise. I suppose your TA could book tours but I think it is easier to book online. You can also call Regent to book tours.

We booked the transatlantic, and, according to the Cruise Consultant, the upper suites are selling like hot cakes. He sold a Master Suite today and there aren't many of them. Looking forward to the new dining venues -- Chartreuse is reportedly nothing like Signatures and the one that will be announced in June will be amazing. We could not be more excited about this cruise.

DaveFr -- have you considered this cruise?

Note: The Cruise Consultant also booked the top suite on another cruise along with 7 other suites (on the Explorer).

We booked the transatlantic, and, according to the Cruise Consultant, the upper suites are selling like hot cakes. He sold a Master Suite today and there aren't many of them. Looking forward to the new dining venues -- Chartreuse is reportedly nothing like Signatures and the one that will be announced in June will be amazing. We could not be more excited about this cruise.

DaveFr -- have you considered this cruise?

Note: The Cruise Consultant also booked the top suite on another cruise along with 7 other suites (on the Explorer).

We are considering this one as well. A little surprised the air credit was only 600.00

We are considering this one as well. A little surprised the air credit was only 600.00

Wow - that is quite low! We just asked our TA to add Business Class to the flight out of Miami. The charge was $799/person. Since we are going from Miami to Vancouver, it is worth the extra money. I suspect that there will be quite a few people from the Regent board on that crossing!

Edited by Travelcat2

TC,

Not only have we considered the Rome to Miami crossing but we booked it two days ago. In addition, we booked the Miami to Los Angeles cruise at the end of December.

I noticed that you upgraded your return air to First Class for $799 through Regent. You have to run the numbers but adding in the air credit you are probably paying at least $974 pp for the flight. This is a situation where the two of you might save hundreds of dollars by booking the flight yourselves.

You may also want to fly from and to Seattle. You can fly nonstop to Seattle but not to Vancouver. At that time of year, I think you have to look carefully at where your flight stops. Flights won't be released until next December or January so there is plenty of time to consider your options.

We have just booked the Rome-Miami and decided to go with a Concierge cabin. We added business air to Rome for $1299 and took a credit for the Miami flight of $300. I can easily use my miles for the trip home. We have never really considered a trans-atlantic but this seemed like the perfect time.

TC,

Not only have we considered the Rome to Miami crossing but we booked it two days ago. In addition, we booked the Miami to Los Angeles cruise at the end of December.

I noticed that you upgraded your return air to First Class for $799 through Regent. You have to run the numbers but adding in the air credit you are probably paying at least $974 pp for the flight. This is a situation where the two of you might save hundreds of dollars by booking the flight yourselves.

You may also want to fly from and to Seattle. You can fly nonstop to Seattle but not to Vancouver. At that time of year, I think you have to look carefully at where your flight stops. Flights won't be released until next December or January so there is plenty of time to consider your options.

Interesting advice. Seattle can be terrible in November. It once took us 8 hours to drive 100 miles home in the snow (really). YVR is only 50 miles. definitely will take the air credit you suggested.

Happy to hear that you booked this cruise. It should be a fun one.

We have just booked the Rome-Miami and decided to go with a Concierge cabin. We added business air to Rome for $1299 and took a credit for the Miami flight of $300. I can easily use my miles for the trip home. We have never really considered a trans-atlantic but this seemed like the perfect time.

We booked this too. I will sort out all the flight options later. My TA said there was time to take credit and/or add back air. Business air 1299 not bad but would also have to add deviation fee.

We booked this too. I will sort out all the flight options later. My TA said there was time to take credit and/or add back air. Business air 1299 not bad but would also have to add deviation fee.

No deviation fee if you fly in on the day of embarkation. Don't recommend that approach but, you save $175 pp that way. Also, believe if you are concierge or above you get a nite in a hotel before embarkation and that would also allow you to fly business class a day early.

Yes - you have plenty of time to add or delete air. Not sure why you would have to deviate (although, in general, I think it is worth the money to do so).

DaveFr: Just contacted our TA and cancelled air from Miami to Vancouver. Really appreciated your input. On the outward journey, we will deviate and use British Airways (assuming that the contracts are in order next year).