Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Updated 8/29/16

*****Oasis OTS – Margot van Erck is onboard now after returning from her vacation on 5/7/16. Probably onboard until 9/7/16…..looking for exact dates.

Some people question why this thread is here. I don't. I haven't read all the replies here, but if something doesn't interest me I just skip it. I didn't develop an interest in who the AD is until Jewel in 2014. I thought the British Lady who was CD was dull, boring, and "just phoning it in" At that time Elvis Pinto was the Activities Director and I really liked him and thought he would make a good CD. I guess Corporate thought the same thing.

The next AD to impress me was Margot on Oasis this past May.

margot.jpg

I think she could be the next AD to become a CD. While an AD doesn't always make or break a cruise, I thought she really added to ours and I know my wife will agree.

Updated 9/8/16

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Tino Carillo, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, Daniel Dornas (regular AM on Rhapsody when not on vaca), TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation)

I believe Tino Carillo and Tino MJ Lopez are actually one and the same! July 25-Aug 5 Tino (who was going by the name Tino Jackson - if you've ever seen his Michael Jackson moves, you can understand why) was the AM on Rhapsody. He is set to be the AM on Harmony TA in October! :) Absolutely loved his energy!

Edited by lighthousemom

Updated 9/16/16

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated…..EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!

****Adventure OTS – WHO is onboard now? Renato Arana was onboard as of 3/16/16, but by now, someone else should be there.

****Allure OTS – Katie Turner has returned, I have been told. Looking for any information on how long she will be staying with the ship.

****Anthem OTS – Christopher John Hopkins onboard as of August 25, 2016.

****Brilliance OTS – Tanya Yates Tongue should be back as of August 30, 2016 from vacation.

****Empress OTS – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is covering for Cecy del Razo who is now on vacation.

****Enchantment OTS – Mauricio Diaz should be onboard as of May 4 and probably for a 4 month contract until early September.

****Explorer OTS – Amy Tripp is back until mid September.

****Freedom OTS – Tresha Robb is currently onboard.

****Grandeur OTS – Andre Miller is onboard until mid November 2016.

*****Harmony – Hugo Arenas is onboard as of June 24, 2016.

****Independence OTS – Caroline Pan has been reported to be on Indy on Sept 5. Do not know when she started nor how long she will be onboard.

*****Jewel OTS - Enzo Matijaca should have just return from vacation vacation on August 26th or so.

*****Legend OTS – Saini Gupta is currently still onboard based on a current cruiser’s information. Hoping to know how long his contract will be. Any additional info is appreciated.

*****Liberty OTS – Gordon Travis appears to be on Liberty on Sept 1, based on a posting on FB.

****Majesty OTS – Mossese Vatuloka (from Fiji) came onboard on August 22, 2016.

*****Mariner OTS – Looking to know who is on currently.

*****Navigator OTS – Mark Rous on since 9/4/16 and onboard until mid-December.

*****Oasis OTS – Marvin Wilson on board covering Margot van Erck’s vacation right now. Margot van Erck is the regular AM on board and will return after her vacation at the end of October.

***** Ovation – Who is on board now, since Belle O’Brien went on vacation near at the end of June.

***** Quantum OTS -- Bonnie Bai returns to Quantum 3/12/16 for 4 month contract.

*****Radiance OTS – Elizabeth Hackett is on until mid August. Elizabeth Hackett should have left, who is on now?

**** Rhapsody OTS – Daniel Dornas has returned from vacation.

**** Serenade OTS – On the May 29 sailing, Ansylu Sadrislamova (Ansy) was onboard…..no idea for how long.

***** Vision OTS - Mickey Martin takes over on April 23.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang began on 5/22 and it probably is a 4 month contract.

Thanks to all the cruisers for information that they provide to me!

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation)

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, Zach Stratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera

Splendour of the Seas – ship retired April 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 9/25/16

****Adventure OTS – WHO is onboard now? Renato Arana was onboard as of 3/16/16, but by now, someone else should be there.

****Allure OTS – Katie Turner has returned, I have been told. Looking for any information on how long she will be staying with the ship.

****Brilliance OTS – Tanya Yates Tongue should be back as of August 30, 2016 from vacation.

****Empress OTS – Angelle Rutten Van Hemert is covering for Cecy del Razo who is now on vacation.

****Enchantment OTS – Mauricio Diaz should be onboard as of May 4 and probably for a 4 month contract until early September.

****Explorer OTS – Amy Tripp is back until late September. Temporarily filling in as CD,while Ken Jones had to leave unexpectedly due to a family situation the last week of Sept.

****Independence OTS – Caroline Pan has been reported to be on Indy on Sept 5. Do not know when she started nor how long she will be onboard.

*****Jewel OTS - Enzo Matijaca should have just return from vacation vacation on August 26th or so.

*****Legend OTS – Saini Gupta is currently still onboard based on a current cruiser’s information. Hoping to know how long his contract will be. Any additional info is appreciated.

*****Liberty OTS – Gordon Travis appears to be on Liberty on Sept 1, based on a posting on FB.

*****Oasis OTS – Marvin Wilson on board covering Margot van Erck’s vacation right now. Margot van Erck is the regular AM on board and will return after her vacation at the end of October.

***** Ovation – Who is on board now, since Belle O’Brien went on vacation near at the end of June.

***** Quantum OTS -- Bonnie Bai returns to Quantum 3/12/16 for 4 month contract.

*****Radiance OTS – Elizabeth Hackett is on until mid August. Elizabeth Hackett should have left, who is on now?

**** Serenade OTS – On the May 29 sailing, Ansylu Sadrislamova (Ansy) was onboard…..no idea for how long.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang began on 5/22 and it probably is a 4 month contract.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation)

No longer in the Fleet: Darryl Dyball, Zach Stratford; Linda Feng; Frankie Portera

Updated 9/30/16

****Empress OTS – Cecy del Razo is returning from vacation 9/30/16 probably for a 4 month contract.

****Explorer OTS – Amy Tripp is back until late September. Temporarily filling in as CD,while Ken Jones had to leave unexpectedly due to a family situation the last week of Sept.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation), Angelle Rutten Van Hemert

Just got off Grandeur - Andre needs to be promoted. That guy is insane, in a good way.

Has anyone had Andre as CD when during the annual CD conference? I suspect he would do well.

Also, how long is is break generally? I believe he goes on break soon and hope he will be back by mid-January.

Roy

Just got off Empress on Saturday. Activity manager Angelle left for vacation as we all disembarked. When she returns it will be on Vision in the Netherlands. According to cruise director Elvis the new activity manager coming onboard Empress is Cissy.

The activity staff as a whole was great!

According to this post on the CD thread, Mo has been promoted to CD and will be taking over on MJ when Marc begins his vacation on Oct 23

Hi all. We just got off the Majesty this morning. Marc announced Saturday at the beginning of the Live and Marriage show Mo, the next Majesty of The Seas Cruise Director. Mo is currently the activities manager. I would guess he wouldn't announce it if weren't true. Hope I'm sharing what will really be happening.

Erika

Edited by DonnaK

Has anyone had Andre as CD when during the annual CD conference? I suspect he would do well.

Also, how long is is break generally? I believe he goes on break soon and hope he will be back by mid-January.

Roy

Generally a vacation break is two months.

Updated 10/10/16

****Empress OTS – Cecy del Razo is returning from vacation 9/30/16 probably for a 4 month contract.

***** Vision OTS - Mickey Martin will be on board until December.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation), Angelle Rutten Van Hemert (upon her return from vacation she goes to Vision)

Aysy (not Ansy) was Activities manager on Serenade's Norwegian fjords and subsequent transatlantic cruise from Copenhagen to Boston while Topi was the CD. Carly took over the CD position after the TA but I don't know if Aysy stayed on. Perhaps someone who has been on one of the Serenade's Canada-New England cruises can enlighten us. If not, I will post the information when I am onboard Serenade for the repositioning cruise in a few weeks.:)

Does anyone know if Hugo Arenas is still on Harmony of the Seas? Seems like he's been on for a while. He was an incredible member of the activities staff on Quantum, would love to have him as AM on the Harmony transatlantic in 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated 10/24/16

****Enchantment OTS – Who is onboard NOW?

****Explorer OTS – Who is onboard now?

*****Jewel OTS - Enzo Matijaca should have just returned from vacation vacation on August 26…..is he still onboard?

*****Liberty OTS – It has been reported that Katrina Blair will be joining Liberty on October 29. Waiting to hear where Gordon Travis will be going, although he has said he is on board until 11/8 – so a little transition time.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo (began vacation 5/15/16), Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation), Angelle Rutten Van Hemert (upon her return from vacation she goes to Vision)

Updated 10/25/16

****Enchantment OTS – Mauricio Diaz is onboard.

****Explorer OTS – Who is onboard NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Tresha Robb is onboard.

*****Harmony – Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo has been reported onboard as of mid October.

*****Jewel OTS - Enzo Matijaca should have just returned from vacation vacation on August 26…..is he still onboard?

*****Liberty OTS – It has been reported that Katrina Blair will be joining Liberty on October 29. Waiting to hear where Gordon Travis will be going, although he has said he is on board until 11/8 – so a little transition time.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, , Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation), Angelle Rutten Van Hemert (upon her return from vacation she goes to Vision)

Updated 10/27/16

****Enchantment OTS – Mauricio Diaz is onboard.

****Explorer OTS – Who is onboard NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Tresha Robb is onboard.

*****Harmony – Tino MJ Lopez/Carillo has been reported onboard as of mid October.

*****Jewel OTS - Enzo Matijaca is still onboard as of 10/14/16 and probably on board until December.

*****Liberty OTS – It has been reported that Katrina Blair will be joining Liberty on October 29. Gordon Travis will hand over to Katrina and then informed me that he is leaving Royal to go to another cruise line.

Possibly on Vacation: Cici, Anjazc, Kitty Xu,, Giovanni DiPasquale, , Hugo Arenas, Belle O’brien (began vacation around 6/27), Cecy del Razo, TT ALgan, Marvin Wilson, Jeremie Gugliemi, Mauricio Diaz, Margot Van Erck (vacation began on 8/31/16), Allison Currie, Elise Milo Stewart(vacation began 9/4/16 – going to Voyager after vacation), Angelle Rutten Van Hemert (upon her return from vacation she goes to Vision)