Regal is worthy of her name

Chesie

Just back last night. The Regal is an absolutely beautiful ship. I think Princess made changes to the Horizon court for the better, larger Piazza which was used quite a bit. I think we received excellent service, food (which is subjective) was very good to excellent. Buffet food could have been a bit hotter. I got hooked on Princess Live! All in all it exceeded my expectations!

I have a quick question to those that just came off The Regal.....someone asked it and I can't remember.....can you buy buckets of beer? If I remember right you could on the last Princess ship I was on which was the Crown.

I have a quick question to those that just came off The Regal.....someone asked it and I can't remember.....can you buy buckets of beer? If I remember right you could on the last Princess ship I was on which was the Crown.

They sold them on the Regal on our Oct cruise.

Just curious: what about Princess Live! hooked you? I thought the mystery dealie was weak, and on my Royal cruise, the space was used for activities it was utterly unsuited for, like Zumba and trivia. Since I have no wish to see the Wake Show in person, have they added other stuff that used the space and technology well?

Just curious: what about Princess Live! hooked you? I thought the mystery dealie was weak, and on my Royal cruise, the space was used for activities it was utterly unsuited for, like Zumba and trivia. Since I have no wish to see the Wake Show in person, have they added other stuff that used the space and technology well?

I attended the culinary demos that were quite nice. Don't recall zumba being in that space? Game show and trivia also. Guess its not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

I attended the culinary demos that were quite nice. Don't recall zumba being in that space? Game show and trivia also. Guess its not for everyone but I enjoyed it.

During my two weeks aboard Royal Princess the Zumba classes were either held in Center Court aft of the funnel or in the Vista Lounge around the dance floor area. I also enjoyed the various lectures and demonstrations that were given in Princess Live!, and Trivia was held there several times (our Roll Call group had no problems) as well as in Crooners. I never made it to any of the Wake Show tapings. It seems that anytime they had a big event or lecture in there, it was standing room only.

:D

The ship is beautiful, but no quiet, basically. Loud music on the walking track, loud music in the Piazza, humongously loud music in the shows, music at the retreat pool. You can't retreat from the music. No peace and quiet. Princess' motto: Escape Completely. But I add, "but not from the music." I probably wouldn't go again on that ship because of that. Just no silence anywhere for those who like that experience.

The ship is beautiful, but no quiet, basically. Loud music on the walking track, loud music in the Piazza, humongously loud music in the shows, music at the retreat pool. You can't retreat from the music. No peace and quiet. Princess' motto: Escape Completely. But I add, "but not from the music." I probably wouldn't go again on that ship because of that. Just no silence anywhere for those who like that experience.

Yes, they're are a few of us that noticed the same thing. There is NO QUIET place to relax for more than a few brief moments during the night or day without some loud music going on.:(

Yes, they're are a few of us that noticed the same thing. There is NO QUIET place to relax for more than a few brief moments during the night or day without some loud music going on.:(

Guess 'a few of you' weren't looking hard enough... ;)

So quiet and peaceful, the sound of the wake put me to sleep for an hour...

11314518743_175386c7f7_c.jpg

Had the same experience in 2014 and 2015 on the Royal. The MUTS area particularly was excruciatingly loud. Yes there are a couple of areas on deck 7 aft with no music if you don't mind getting showered with soot from the stacks. The Royal has a big soot problem which I had hoped they had improved upon by my second cruise but not the case, will likely take a dry dock to resolve.

We loved the Regal. We never found her "too loud". There are places where you can go for quiet. We especially liked the retreat pool area - quiet and no kids. Also the promenade deck has several quiet areas to sit and watch the waves. There are times the Piazza is quiet - we sat there often with a pot of teas or a coffee from the IC. and people watched or read.

I agree with you. The replacement of Explorers Lounge by Princess Live on the Royal/Regal is a definite downgrade. It is a horrible venue for the activities that used to be conducted in Emplorer's such as Trivia. This is due to both the theater style seating as well as the way the door is positioned.

Even for activities that it is suited for, such as a performance by the String Quartet, that they were filming, you had people coming in the door and walking in front of the Cameras during the performance to get to the open seats on the other side.

As a result activities that we would have attended on the older ships, we skipped on the Royal, when they were scheduled in Princess Live.

We loved the Regal. We never found her "too loud". There are places where you can go for quiet. We especially liked the retreat pool area - quiet and no kids. Also the promenade deck has several quiet areas to sit and watch the waves. There are times the Piazza is quiet - we sat there often with a pot of teas or a coffee from the IC. and people watched or read.

Well, you know there are those that feel that have to find something wrong with everything including a sunrise. I am really glad you love the Regal. We are really fond of all the different classes of ships with Princess but especially like the Royal Class ships.

Guess 'a few of you' weren't looking hard enough... ;)

So quiet and peaceful, the sound of the wake put me to sleep for an hour...

11314518743_175386c7f7_c.jpg

I agree. Plenty of quiet spots.

We did not hear loud music anywhere. Except the Piazza. :confused:

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just back last night. The Regal is an absolutely beautiful ship. I think Princess made changes to the Horizon court for the better, larger Piazza which was used quite a bit. I think we received excellent service, food (which is subjective) was very good to excellent. Buffet food could have been a bit hotter. I got hooked on Princess Live! All in all it exceeded my expectations!

Regal is very much deserving of her name.:D