Live from Quest

excitedofharpenden

Onboard Quest at the moment. Enjoying a sea day on the way to Thailand. As usual it is like coming home with all the crew from previous trips. A couple of things. The four bottles in the suite is exactly as was, ie Pyrat, Absolut, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Red. If I get a chance I'll ask if theses are to stay. Schweppes Tonic in abundance. No Club Royal or the stuff they loaded on in Fujairah those months ago, so hoping that continues.

They are filming onboard. Jenna Pimental, Larry's daughter is here.

Message for Spursgirl and Lottie A. Max says hi!

More if I get a chance.

Phil

Onboard Quest at the moment. Enjoying a sea day on the way to Thailand. As usual it is like coming home with all the crew from previous trips. A couple of things. The four bottles in the suite is exactly as was, ie Pyrat, Absolut, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Red. If I get a chance I'll ask if theses are to stay. Schweppes Tonic in abundance. No Club Royal or the stuff they loaded on in Fujairah those months ago, so hoping that continues.

More if I get a chance.

Phil

Good news about the Pyrat Rum. Have a great voyage!

More if I get a chance.

Phil

Do they have any draft beer as they had run out over Christmas! There, I have set you an arduous task and you now have to go to a bar and ask......such hardship!:D

Enjoy and keep us updated!

LBx

More if I get a chance.

Phil

So jealous Phil....I really need a cruise on Quest now! Have a great time and please give Max a big hug from me.....OK maybe not a big hug but you could bump knuckles with him! 😄

Please tell Max that Hazel and I will see him soon hopefully and we can all do lunch again. If Russ is onboard then please say Hi from us too.

A couple more hours in Ko Samui on free wifi and beer at the corner cafe. Cruise Critic get together this evening at 5.45 which works better than first night at 6.

Had the usual delicious pea soup in Aqualina first night and the mushroom velouté in Prime C last night. I am eating more than just the soup, but trying to give the impression I'm eating light.

Hazel, I will give Russ your regards. It's great to see him again. Such a nice guy.

Sailing for Bangkok at 2pm.

Phil

More if I get a chance.

Phil

Hi Phil

Enjoy this adventure,look forward to your reports. Tell the bar staff to keep plenty of Schweppes back for me in April!. Charlie is recovering well from his hip replacement three weeks ago so should be back up to full speed for Quest in April

Take care

Vicki x

Do they have any draft beer as they had run out over Christmas! There, I have set you an arduous task and you now have to go to a bar and ask......such hardship!:D

Enjoy and keep us updated!

LBx

I have completed my mission! I spoke to Alme, Bar Manager ( who I have sailed with a number of times and is EXCELLENT) and the word is there will be no draught beer whilst the ship is in Asia, but it will be back when the Quest is in Europe. This is to do with supply and storage of the kegs. I am guessing there are challenges for stocking certain items in certain parts of the world.

The head of Azamara Hotel Operations is on board and I've suggested to Alme that there is a fast track into the website on things like this so that, say it can be amended to "itineraries permitting" to manage expectations. We know how the website works so don't hold your breath, but that's the story and my suggestion anyway.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Hi Phil

Enjoy this adventure,look forward to your reports. Tell the bar staff to keep plenty of Schweppes back for me in April!. Charlie is recovering well from his hip replacement three weeks ago so should be back up to full speed for Quest in April

Take care

Vicki x

Vicki, I'm sorry Charlie has been through the mill with a hip replacement. Wish him well.

Phil

Glad to see that you have gone in early to prepare the ship for ME!:D on the next cruise. Final pack today and leave on Sat. Been to see my new granddaughter and all is well so NOW super excited. Is the swimming pool heated? How is the weather -- I can still change outfits! Enjoy and I will follow you with great interest and free Wi-Fi. Oh important -- are all the laundry machines functioning? (yep -- even on vacation gotta clean up)

More if I get a chance.

Phil

Phil,

I know you will be laughing when I tell you it is freezing here.

Glad you have seamlessly settled in to your home from home. Hope you get to see those tigers.

Obviously say hi back to Max and to Russ too.

Have fun.

Good news. Looking forward to my voyage March/April. Please tell Max Gil says hello and most importantly, enjoy your cruise

Gil, Max says hi back.

Second day in Bangkok and off out to pick up some made to measure I ordered yesterday.

Azamazing Evening last night was quite a trek out and the performance was pretty short, but the setting and fireworks display really good and the second act of Thai boxing very clever.

Doing the Nights and Cool Places tour tonight and looking forward to that.

Phil

Gil, Max says hi back.

Second day in Bangkok and off out to pick up some made to measure I ordered yesterday.

Azamazing Evening last night was quite a trek out and the performance was pretty short, but the setting and fireworks display really good and the second act of Thai boxing very clever.

Doing the Nights and Cool Places tour tonight and looking forward to that.

Phil

Thanks Phil. Now just enjoy YOUR cruise

A couple more hours in Ko Samui on free wifi and beer at the corner cafe. Cruise Critic get together this evening at 5.45 which works better than first night at 6.

Had the usual delicious pea soup in Aqualina first night and the mushroom velouté in Prime C last night. I am eating more than just the soup, but trying to give the impression I'm eating light.

Hazel, I will give Russ your regards. It's great to see him again. Such a nice guy.

Sailing for Bangkok at 2pm.

Phil

There were a lot of people at the Cruise Critic get together. I liked that it wasn't on the first day, which gave more time to settle in and to enjoy the sail out of Singapore.

Glad to see that you have gone in early to prepare the ship for ME!:D on the next cruise. Final pack today and leave on Sat. Been to see my new granddaughter and all is well so NOW super excited. Is the swimming pool heated? How is the weather -- I can still change outfits! Enjoy and I will follow you with great interest and free Wi-Fi. Oh important -- are all the laundry machines functioning? (yep -- even on vacation gotta clean up)

The pool isn't heated, but of course the hot tubs are. Not sure about the laundry room. The weather in Bangkok is very hot and humid, but sunny. You head up to Japan on the next cruise so there will be a big temperature contrast as it could be pretty chilly up there.

Did the Nights and Cool Places ship tour last night. Really excellent night cruise up the river.

Leave Bangkok at 4 and three relaxing sea days.

Oh, my fellow countrymen hold the majority nationality status onboard on this cruise. Near 300 I think.

Phil