Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

;)

Prior to this morning, I read multiple times that Freedom was a "sure bet" for San Juan. It's always kind of funny when they shake things up.

I guess those port schedules were wishful thinking. ;)

Wow! It's great that we finally have some answers. Some itineraries sound really nice!

I like the Navigator itineraries from Miami.

(Ps.. I said that 3 Oasis class ships will be in Caribbean for the winter 2016 a very long time ago! :p)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I was hoping for more Itineraries out of NOLA :confused:

Royal announced a while back that they were pulling out of New Orleans entirely.

AND, Carnival just announced that they are adding the Triumph and will have two ships there. Somehow I just can't understand how they always seem to be able to operate out of places that Royal can't make work (like LA, San Diego or San Francisco).:mad:

AND, Carnival just announced that they are adding the Triumph and will have two ships there. Somehow I just can't understand how they always seem to be able to operate out of places that Royal can't make work (like LA, San Diego or San Francisco).:mad:

I think Royal can make a profit at both New Orleans and LA. I suspect they can make more of a profit at other ports, so with a limited number of ships to deploy, it makes sense to deploy where they make the most money.

Regarding Granduer...

It appears that there will be no more 7-night Bermuda trips. Only 5-nights with 9-night Bermuda and Bahamas.

Also, the 9-night Southeast Coast and Bahamas sailings in the winter sound interesting. Could that include Charleston or Norfolk maybe?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It is not that they are not able to operate at a profit or make it work, but they choose to go to more lucrative routes. Carnival is a strictly NA American line with the exception of their 2 ships down under and an occasional dabble in Europe. Royal is in all major markets around the world. This leaves them with fewer ships to deploy to less profitable routes. It is simple math. If route A yields more revenue than Route B... Route B is dropped.

Is that a once only sailing

Yes there is a 5 night charter right before this March 17/16 sailing. A company has chartered OASIS and this 9 night will get her back on her Sat to Sat schedule

I had forgotten on my Oct 2010 sailing of Oasis Falmouth was not ready and we called on Costa Maya. Wonder if they would think of going there again

It is not that they are not able to operate at a profit or make it work, but they choose to go to more lucrative routes. Carnival is a strictly NA American line with the exception of their 2 ships down under and an occasional dabble in Europe. Royal is in all major markets around the world. This leaves them with fewer ships to deploy to less profitable routes. It is simple math. If route A yields more revenue than Route B... Route B is dropped.

And yet Royal keeps selling ships. So if they could serve these markets profitably if they only had more ships? Guess this is why I'm not CEO. I'm just bitter living on the west coast and having no ships while the Caribbean (which we are more than tired of) has 15 out of 23 ships.

And yet Royal keeps selling ships. So if they could serve these markets profitably if they only had more ships? Guess this is why I'm not CEO. I'm just bitter living on the west coast and having no ships while the Caribbean (which we are more than tired of) has 15 out of 23 ships.

I lived in Phoenix for 10 years so understand the frustration.

Selling splendor truly tells what Royal thinks of the no ship markets.