Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Yep, 100ft... measure that out compared to the two end to end Solstice ships with space in between.... those piers are 2000 ft long.

GRT is due to the larger/higher decks etc. Draft is the same as is beam at water line. Q is basically a Solstice Class ship except 100ft longer.

Venice pier is absolutely no problem imho. The issue may be bring her through the canal around the corners, but this could be ok too=QUOTE]

If Ovation was to do the 12 night from Barcelona, I would do that again as it had an amazing itinerary.

Edited by bigeck

Researching Brazil/Argentina vacations ofr over a year now off and on, I've been watching the Splendour/Rhapsody pricing closely the last two years... Even the 3/4 nighters offered are huge pricing, the 7 nighters from Santos down to Buenos Aires and back are always in the $800-$1000pp for an INT for the most part, priced higher than most all other itineraries in the Caribbean for example. I'd be very surprised if they abandon South America, but from what I can tell Pullmantur doesn't have any shuips down there either next season which is even more surprising. I wonder what's up?

Ovation in Alaska? Only in my dreams but not this deployment I don't think with Radiance & Jewel looking to be a lock

They had Rhapsody most definitely booked for South America. Most lines have not deployed for 2016 at Buenos Aires yet.

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gob.ar/ver_archivos/cruceros-post-proxima/31.pdf

Pullmantur have Empress down there for next season. This along with heavy deployment from MSC.

http://www.puertobuenosaires.gob.ar/ver_archivos/cruceros-proxima/29.pdf

I guess another scenario could be to bring Legend over to Dubai and then send Vision down to South America, if Ovation does not play a role somehow.

Edited by MADflyer

Hmm so based on the prelim posting-do i read this correctly that Jewel is the only one currently assigned to do the Panama Canal run? Legend was not on the last lpost so I'm assuming will also continue to have the fall/spring Canal trips?

Hmm so based on the prelim posting-do i read this correctly that Jewel is the only one currently assigned to do the Panama Canal run? Legend was not on the last lpost so I'm assuming will also continue to have the fall/spring Canal trips?

Jewel is the only ship that should re-position through the Panama Canal each way for Alaska sailings.

I am not sure if the text of the press release excluded Serenade from doing a couple as part of the long cruise pattern from PE. They mentioned only the Southern Caribbean for her sailings so far.

Legend is gone for good to Oz/Asia. I feel you will never see her ever again in North America as she will stay in Oz/Asia for a couple of years then get sold to CTrip or equivalent (like Splendour). With only Vision & Radiance class able to get through the locks, Jewel extremely likely be the only Panama Canal ship according to the boys in this thread following the port schedules.

Edited by Hoopster95

So, with a 15 ship deployment confirmed to the Caribbean, with some doing European repositioning TA cruises and others confirmed as year round along with the Canada/NE deployment of just 3 ships confirmed, along with a 6 ship Asia/Australia deployment most likely, that is 21 of RCI's 23 ship deployment.

That leaves only Ovation and Vision.

There some possibility for Legend to transit somewhere between the May to October Hong Kong bookings as well.

Vision is currently booked on a TA from Tampa arriving first at Barcelona and then on to Venice.

With Rhapsody confirmed at PC at least from November, 2016 and Splendour confirmed leaving the fleet, options are limited.

Do they still send Vision to Dubai at the end of her season as is most likely now or do they try to maintain a South American presence?

RCL's Celebrity Cruises have apparently dropped Harwich. Is RCI doing the same?

If the Adventure and Brilliance bookings all over Northern Europe are possibly Ovation is certainly unclear.

Current Deployment for 2016

Verified Caribbean / Europe (RCI Press Release)

Adventure - Year round San Juan

Allure – Year round Port Everglades

Anthem - Year round Bayonne

Brilliance - TA / Barcelona / Tampa

Enchantment – Year round Miami

Freedom – PC to PE to PC

Grandeur - Baltimore

Harmony – Barcelona / TA / PE

Independence – TA / Southampton / PE

Jewel – San Juan / Panama Canal / West Coast / Alaska / San Juan

Liberty – Year round Galveston

Navigator – TA / Southampton / Miami

Oasis – PE / PC // PE /

Rhapsody – TA / Rome / PC

Serenade – TA / Copenhagen/ Bayonne / PE

Bookings for Asia/Pacific

Voyager – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Mariner - – Asia

Explorer - – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Radiance – Australia / HI/ Alaska / Australia

Quantum – China

Legend – Asia / ???? / Australia

Open

Vision - TA/Venice/ ????

Ovation - no clear indication with any bookings if not place holders.

So from aabove is it confirmed that Oasis will return to PE (PE/PC/PE) and Freedom return to PC (PC/PE/PC)? Or is this a guess based on the announcement and RCI saying winter home port? Thanks.

So from aabove is it confirmed that Oasis will return to PE (PE/PC/PE) and Freedom return to PC (PC/PE/PC)? Or is this a guess based on the announcement and RCI saying winter home port? Thanks.

Nothing is ever confirmed until the itineraries are published and open for sale, but that was just an analysis of how they presented the data in their press release.

There certainly could be errors in interpretation of data. You really had to read between the lines at some points of their press release.

They have now booked Hong Kong with Quantum, Mariner, Voyager and Explorer. They had only booked Legend there previously.

http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/schedule/

There are no bookings for Ovation at Hong Kong at least.

These bookings are new just this week.

Although no bookings for Ovation in Hong Kong it is interesting to note that the Quantum of the Seas booking 17 - 18 June 2016 is a transit booking not a turn around. It is nearly to the day that in 2015 Quantum is on transfer to China.

Although no bookings for Ovation in Hong Kong it is interesting to note that the Quantum of the Seas booking 17 - 18 June 2016 is a transit booking not a turn around. It is nearly to the day that in 2015 Quantum is on transfer to China.

I thought it might be a longer sailing similar to what Sapphire Princess is doing there from Shanghai to Singapore or like what Regent does from Tokyo to China. Just a stop on a longer sailing is what I assumed from that call not movement to another region in June, but who knows....

I have thought all along that at least one Q class would be home ported in Southampton year round. These ships are perfect for the cooler weather departures and would do great on Canaries / W med runs in the winter. RCCL would do well to keep Ovation in The UK year round

Hey -- it may happen at this point! It would make a good degree of sense, more sense than putting a Quantum Class ship in Florida IMHO. The only reason to put one in Florida would be to give more US cruisers an opportunity to try the class. It's understandable that many will not come up to Bayonne to sail Anthem, particularly those in the south.

That could be their strategy in the long run. Converting royal to ships with popular ports where the ship is mostly the destination as seen with the bigger oasis and quantum classes. Celebrity on the other hand, a line aimed more towards those who want to visit exotic ports where millennium class and the new edge class could reach.

Even if that's the route they are taking, I support their decision seeing as they are the only family oriented line that's been catered for to all corners of the globe. Unlike NCL or Carnival.

They could become the most dominant and well recognized family cruise line world wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum seems to have more diversity than Oasis, but yeah I see where you are coming from. We like popular ports mixed with the exotics. As fans of Celebrity too, if this helps them build more demand and ships to compete with HAL, all the better. ;)

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

So, with a 15 ship deployment confirmed to the Caribbean, with some doing European repositioning TA cruises and others confirmed as year round along with the Canada/NE deployment of just 3 ships confirmed, along with a 6 ship Asia/Australia deployment most likely, that is 21 of RCI's 23 ship deployment.

That leaves only Ovation and Vision.

There some possibility for Legend to transit somewhere between the May to October Hong Kong bookings as well.

Vision is currently booked on a TA from Tampa arriving first at Barcelona and then on to Venice.

With Rhapsody confirmed at PC at least from November, 2016 and Splendour confirmed leaving the fleet, options are limited.

Do they still send Vision to Dubai at the end of her season as is most likely now or do they try to maintain a South American presence?

RCL's Celebrity Cruises have apparently dropped Harwich. Is RCI doing the same?

If the Adventure and Brilliance bookings all over Northern Europe are possibly Ovation is certainly unclear.

Current Deployment for 2016

Verified Caribbean / Europe (RCI Press Release)

Adventure - Year round San Juan

Allure – Year round Port Everglades

Anthem - Year round Bayonne

Brilliance - TA / Barcelona / Tampa

Enchantment – Year round Miami

Freedom – PC to PE to PC

Grandeur - Baltimore

Harmony – Barcelona / TA / PE

Independence – TA / Southampton / PE

Jewel – San Juan / Panama Canal / West Coast / Alaska / San Juan

Liberty – Year round Galveston

Navigator – TA / Southampton / Miami

Oasis – PE / PC // PE /

Rhapsody – TA / Rome / PC

Serenade – TA / Copenhagen/ Bayonne / PE

Bookings for Asia/Pacific

Voyager – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Mariner - – Asia

Explorer - – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Radiance – Australia / HI/ Alaska / Australia

Quantum – China

Legend – Asia / ???? / Australia

Open

Vision - TA/Venice/ ????

Ovation - no clear indication with any bookings if not place holders.

Are you sure that FR will change places with OA during the spring/summer of 2017? i.e. FR would be in Port C and OA would be in FLL? That would be great if FR came back to Port C for part of the year.

Are you sure that FR will change places with OA during the spring/summer of 2017? i.e. FR would be in Port C and OA would be in FLL? That would be great if FR came back to Port C for part of the year.

Their statement was interpreted in a couple of ways.

The Freedom PE deployment is stated to be for winter 2016-17, with continued PC deployment in the spring/summer. Allure was stated to have year round PE deployment.

When Harmony would arrive in the fall, Oasis would move up to PC and Freedom would move down.

Whether that will turn out to be the actual deployment is unclear.

If they have one Oasis class of the 3 Florida deployed ships destined for Europe to me it would make sense to send the PC one over, while others feel they may send one of the PE ones over.

We may not know this for sure until next year when they deploy ships after April 2017.

Their statement was interpreted in a couple of ways.

The Freedom PE deployment is stated to be for winter 2016-17, with continued PC deployment in the spring/summer. Allure was stated to have year round PE deployment.

When Harmony would arrive in the fall, Oasis would move up to PC and Freedom would move down.

Whether that will turn out to be the actual deployment is unclear.

If they have one Oasis class of the 3 Florida deployed ships destined for Europe to me it would make sense to send the PC one over, while others feel they may send one of the PE ones over.

We may not know this for sure until next year when they deploy ships after April 2017.

Did we read the same press release. I did not interpret anything about Oasis or Freedom going back to past homeport

So it seems like no ships are going out of Quebec City at all during the fall? Am I wrong about that?

Canada detailed deployment will be released on March 11th.

They have only stated that they have

Serenade on 7 night Boston sailings that would not make it to Quebec City.

They then have stated that they have 9 night Canada sailings on Grandeur from Baltimore and then 9 night sailings to Canada from Bayonne on Anthem.

I am not sure that the 9 night sailings do not allow them to get all the way to Quebec City or not.

The scheduling for both Grandeur and Anthem at the port of Portland ME then contradicts there own press release a little as they have booked the ships there on 14 night cycles which does not make perfect sense.

Did we read the same press release. I did not interpret anything about Oasis or Freedom going back to past homeport

I had also assumed that Oasis would stay in Port Canaveral.

I think Freedom stays in FLL for te summers and does like Indy is doing for this summer when Allure goes to Europe. Whether its Allur or Harmony that goes to Europe in 2017 really does not matter as Freedom just takes over one of their itineraries.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The press release states:

‘Out-of-this-world’ Caribbean Vacations from Florida’s Space Coast

•Freedom of the Seas will continue alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries during the summer 2016, and then reposition to Port Everglades for its new winter season.

•For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas will inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary.

For RCI, annual deployment from April to April is divided into summer and winter. They refer to the Freedom deployment for the winter season only.

They refer to Oasis for PC winter 2016-17 only.

They referred to several other ships including Allure having year round deployment.

They can most certainly extend these deployments, but have only confirmed seasonal deployments so far.

Deployments past April 2017 will only be absolutely confirmed in next years deployments and not this years.

Edited by MADflyer

I had also assumed that Oasis would stay in Port Canaveral.

I think Freedom stays in FLL for te summers and does like Indy is doing for this summer when Allure goes to Europe. Whether its Allur or Harmony that goes to Europe in 2017 really does not matter as Freedom just takes over one of their itineraries.

That makes the most sense. I don't see why they would go to the trouble of switching Oasis and Freedom back again when they don't need to.

The press release states:

‘Out-of-this-world’ Caribbean Vacations from Florida’s Space Coast

•Freedom of the Seas will continue alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries during the summer 2016, and then reposition to Port Everglades for its new winter season.

•For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seas will inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary.

For RCI, annual deployment from April to April is divided into summer and winter. They refer to the Freedom deployment for the winter season only.

They refer to Oasis for PC winter 2016-17 only.

They referred to several other ships including Allure having year round deployment.

They can most certainly extend these deployments, but have only confirmed seasonal deployments so far.

Deployments past April 2017 will only be absolutely confirmed in next years deployments and not this years.

FR and OA's 2017-2018 itineraries may not be known until next year at this time.