Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The schedule below though has Oasis retuning to PE on 11/4/2016 which is a Friday. If that is correct she must have a short 1 or 2 day cruise to repo from PE to PC. Thoughts?

Ship Date Port Other Ships in Port

Oasis Of The Seas Depart: 04:30 PM 10/29/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, Florida Carnival Conquest 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Oasis Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 03:00 PM 10/30/2016 Nassau, Bahamas Enchantment Of The Seas 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Dock)

Oasis Of The Seas 10/31/2016 At Sea

Oasis Of The Seas 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM 11/01/2016 Costa Maya (Majahual)

Oasis Of The Seas 07:00 AM - 05:00 PM 11/02/2016 Cozumel, Mexico Freedom Of The Seas 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Dock)

Oasis Of The Seas 11/03/2016 At Sea

Oasis Of The Seas Arrive: 06:15 AM 11/04/2016 Fort Lauderdale - Port Everglades, Florida

It will be certainly be non-revenue. I don't think any of the 'ABC' ports can handle Oasis.

Edited by Piepkorn

Latest for OA is a 11-4-2016 arriving at FLL at 6:15 AM from a shortened Western. FR's last PC cruise is Oct. 30 - Nov. 4 and then FLL on Nov. 5 to do a one week western with the real 8 day eastern/6 day western starting on 11-12-2016.

I think you have identified how they are not going to violate the PVSA: unload pax in PC on the 4th, sail without pax overnight to PE, and start a new cruise on the 5th. Could potentially do the inverse for OA.

Not on Oasis class ships in the Caribbean... more $$ when people are on-board. Further, they would have to move faster to get to ports which costs fuel $$.

I suspect it is less of keeping pax onboard, but more likely driven by that is all that they can visit on a weekly itinerary out of Fl (as suggested by the second sentence). Keep in mind that most pax use ships-sponsored excursions, and the line takes a cut from those without having to burn fuel moving the ship (remember, profit is about some combination of increased revenues and decreased costs, so a profit can be made even though onboard sales are lower).

Curacao for sure can at the Mega Pier.

Bonaire as well. And if Aruba dredged their channel just a bit, they could take OA also.

What's everyone's opinion of the 9 night Grandeur Bermuda and Bahamas?

Itinerary:

Baltimore

Sea

Bermuda - Arrive 2pm

Bermuda - Depart 3pm

Sea

Nassau - 1pm-11:59pm

CocoCay - 8-5pm

Sea

Sea

Baltimore

Opinions?

I'm not a big fan of the arrival and departure times. I'd almost prefer one day only in Bermuda from 7am to 7pm to the above. Also, the 1pm to midnight in Nassau isn't the best schedule.

What's everyone's opinion of the 9 night Grandeur Bermuda and Bahamas?

Itinerary:

Baltimore

Sea

Bermuda - Arrive 2pm

Bermuda - Depart 3pm

Sea

Nassau - 1pm-11:59pm

CocoCay - 8-5pm

Sea

Sea

Baltimore

Opinions?

I hate to be negative, but I think this is an extremely lousy 9 night itinerary. How come the 9 nights from Bayonne can actually get down into the Caribbean but the 9-night from Baltimore cannot? Seems like a cheap fuel saving move, but that's just my $.02. Please let me know if I'm missing something. I live in NYC and would not take this same itinerary out of Bayonne.

As far as deployment is concerned, it is important to remember that Oasis is leaving PE to make room for the arrival of Harmony and not to be 'replaced' by Freedom.

Freedom is coming down to do 6 night and 8 night sailings similar to what Indy and then Navigator will have done from PE. Freedom will most likely sail from Terminal 25 or 26 at PE.

Harmony of the Seas is currently scheduled for a 13 day TA from Barcelona leaving on October 23rd 2016 and will take Oasis place on Saturday, November 5th 2016.

Port schedules currently indicate the following itinerary for Harmony's first TA.

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct Gibraltar

27 Oct to 4 Nov, 9 sea days

5 Nov arrival at PE

Harmony is then the PE Saturday ship and Allure then remains the PE Sunday ship.

The Oasis final 6 night sailing is necessary so that Oasis Terminal 18 is open for the Harmony arrival on the 5th.

RCI could just send the ship overnight to PC and begin Sat. sailings from PC also on the 5th of November and put her on the 7 night sailings directly.

RCI appear to be doing this with Enchantment when she is transferred to Miami and they just did 3, 3 day sailings to then get the ship back on the 3/4 schedule from PC. The ship just sails down from PC without passengers to Miami and does 2 consecutive 3 night sailings to get back on schedule from Miami on May 3rd and May 6th.

As far as deployment is concerned, it is important to remember that Oasis is leaving PE to make room for the arrival of Harmony and not to be 'replaced' by Freedom.

Freedom is coming down to do 6 night and 8 night sailings similar to what Indy and then Navigator will have done from PE. Freedom will most likely sail from Terminal 25 or 26 at PE.

Harmony of the Seas is currently scheduled for a 13 day TA from Barcelona leaving on October 23rd 2016 and will take Oasis place on Saturday, November 5th 2016.

Port schedules currently indicate the following itinerary for Harmony's first TA.

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct Gibraltar

5 Nov arrival at PE

Harmony is then the PE Saturday ship and Allure then remains the PE Sunday ship.

The Oasis final 6 night sailing is necessary so that Oasis Terminal 18 is open for the Harmony arrival on the 5th.

RCI could just send the ship overnight to PC and begin Sat. sailings from PC also on the 5th of November and put her on the 7 night sailings directly.

RCI appear to be doing this with Enchantment when she is transferred to Miami and they just did 3, 3 day sailings to then get the ship back on the 3/4 schedule from PC. The ship just sails down from PC without passengers to Miami and does 2 consecutive 3 night sailings to get back on schedule from Miami on May 3rd and May 6th.

Very good info on how the repositioning may go. Thanks.

I wonder during that weekend if the three Oais class ships will meet at sea somewhere for a photo. I recall they did a similar move when Allure started with Oasis and exchanged some sort of gift or something.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I wonder during that weekend if the three Oais class ships will meet at sea somewhere for an photo. I recall they did a similar move when Allure started with Oasis.

I like that idea :)

I would have thought they might want to showcase Harmony to the South Florida travel agents and press when she arrives and perhaps not have a revenue sailing directly after she arrives.

I would have thought they might want to showcase Harmony to the South Florida travel agents and press when she arrives and perhaps not have a revenue sailing directly after she arrives.

I thought Emmy they may have wanted to get a photo of the 3 together.

As the sailing is not deployed but booked with ports, they could still take it down from a 13 night TA to say an 11 night and arrive on the Thursday prior if they felt necessary for PR purposes.

As she will have had an entire season in Europe, I think they may just put her into service and can have events onboard as usual during the port hours.

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct Gibraltar

5 Nov arrival at PE

Love the sound of this TA ...haven't been to Gib in years.

So Brad...which sailing are you thinking of doing ...the Inaugural from Barcelona or the TA ?

It would be great to chat with you some more as we didnt get a lot of time on QN to chat.

I hate to be negative, but I think this is an extremely lousy 9 night itinerary. How come the 9 nights from Bayonne can actually get down into the Caribbean but the 9-night from Baltimore cannot? Seems like a cheap fuel saving move, but that's just my $.02. Please let me know if I'm missing something. I live in NYC and would not take this same itinerary out of Bayonne.

I agree. I also hate to be negative, but I put this out there for opinions because I don't think it's a very good replacement for 7 night Bermuda runs.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

So Brad...which sailing are you thinking of doing ...the Inaugural from Barcelona or the TA ?

It would be great to chat with you some more as we didnt get a lot of time on QN to chat.

You are killing me, didn't you absolutely blast the inaugural on quantum? Why put yourself through that again. :confused:

I never saw Boston with Bermuda from Bayonne. I wish they just made this a 3 day in Bermuda.

Anthem Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 05/14/2016 Bayonne (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), New Jersey

Anthem Of The Seas 05/15/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas Arrive: 09:00 AM 05/16/2016 King's Wharf, Bermuda

Anthem Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 05/17/2016 King's Wharf, Bermuda

Anthem Of The Seas 05/18/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM 05/19/2016 Boston, Massachusetts

Anthem Of The Seas 05/20/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 05/21/2016 Bayonne (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), New Jersey

Edited by gaylemh

What date do booking start for the June/July '16 Anthems? I like how the 9 day looks as it would be nice to get to San Juan and St Marteen without flying.

Wed 11th it all kicks off. Keep watching here and the Royal web site and a phone by your side

I never saw Boston with Bermuda from Bayonne. I wish they just made this a 3 day in Bermuda.

Anthem Of The Seas Depart: 04:00 PM 05/14/2016 Bayonne (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), New Jersey

Anthem Of The Seas 05/15/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas Arrive: 09:00 AM 05/16/2016 King's Wharf, Bermuda

Anthem Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 05/17/2016 King's Wharf, Bermuda

Anthem Of The Seas 05/18/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM 05/19/2016 Boston, Massachusetts

Anthem Of The Seas 05/20/2016 At Sea

Anthem Of The Seas Arrive: 07:00 AM 05/21/2016 Bayonne (Cape Liberty Cruise Port), New Jersey

That is a really bizarre itinerary! The only thing I can think of is that Anthem needed to be out of Bermuda for some reason -- probably to make room for another ship.

You are killing me, didn't you absolutely blast the inaugural on quantum? Why put yourself through that again. :confused:

I have done the Maiden & Inaugurals of Oasis & Allure and had a fabulous time on them :D..Quantum Maiden was a whole different ball game. :(

I wouldn't book another cruise on Quantum class but I love the Oasis Class ships and really excited about Harmony.

That is a really bizarre itinerary! The only thing I can think of is that Anthem needed to be out of Bermuda for some reason -- probably to make room for another ship.

I checked Celebrity Summit and Grandeur for 5/18 and neither of them are there. I don't know who else uses that pier. I'm still wondering if it's an error. We'll see on the 11th.

Liz, with all the projects I have been getting recently it is going to be difficult to plan so far in advance. I was working in Florida this past week and it was so difficult seeing Oasis from my gate at the FLL airport yesterday and not being able to cruise since Quantum.

I am hoping that they might even have a Harmony pre-inaugural. I really like those short sailings actually when they are available. I was working in France a few weeks ago and am actually booked there in April 2016 again and would like them to offer a 4 or 5 day sailing when they move the ship over to Barcelona, but that is wishful thinking.

If I was seriously considering one of those two though, I would do the TA as I really enjoy re-positioning cruises.

I checked Celebrity Summit and Grandeur for 5/18 and neither of them are there. I don't know who else uses that pier. I'm still wondering if it's an error. We'll see on the 11th.

Indeed. Did you check NCL? On of their ships could have a reservation for that day.

Couldn't. Agree. More.