Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

RCCL just posted on Twitter Harmony will open up on 4/2. Based on prior history this will get pushed back a few more times.

Thanks for posting. Did they just say Harmony, or did they confirm Harmony Europe, TA and Caribbean?

Edited by MADflyer

The timing I have seen was always March 11th. 2015 for sailings between April and October in 2016 in the Caribbean, Canada and Bermuda. Otherwise other sailings will come out on March 30th, 2015 for the winter.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2016_2017/15042681_2016-2017_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

Just a hunch but I think that the itineraries that will be released tomorrow are the ones that are available to see on cruise cal. This includes some sailings into March 2017.

The Serenade TA is not published yet. Departure is 28th of August and arrival is now 13th of September.

They most likely will not make the TA sailings 'official' until they release corresponding European sailings.

OK - I am asking since you posted she will be calling at Oslo, Kristiansand and Reykjavik - but this was justt speculation from your side, nothing confirmed officially? [emoji5]

I tried to figure out which ships might do what in Europe in 2016:

--> Harmony:

-Med from Barcelona; TA to FL

--> Ovation:

-Med/Canaries/Western E. from Southampton (maybe year-round) or switching to Far East/Australia via Suez Canal in fall OR

-direct transfer to Far East/Australia via Suez just after debut

--> Independence:

-Med/Canaries/Western E. from Southampton; TA between Southampton and FL

--> Navigator:

-Med/Northern and Western E./Canaries from Southampton; TA between FL/MIA and Southampton OR

-Northern E. from Harwich; TA FL to Harw. and Harw. to Cape Liberty (Canada/NE in fall 2016??)

--> Serenade:

-Northern Europe from Copenhagen OR Harwich; TA FL either to Cop. or Harw.; TA to Boston from Harw. or Cop.

--> Brilliance:

-Med (12 night) from Barcelona; TA between Tampa and Barcelona OR

-Northern E. from Harwich; TA Tampa - Harw. and Harw. - Cape Liberty (Canada/NE fall 2016??)

--> Vision:

-Med (7 nights) from Venice; TA Tampa - Barcelona and repo Barcelona - Venice; TA Barcelona - Santos OR Suezcanal to Dubai

--> Rhapsody:

-Med (longer) from Venice and Rome; TA Santos - Barc. and Barc. - PC OR

-Med (12 night) from Barcelona; TA Santos - Barc. and Barc. - PC

I know the Canada/NE sailings for 2016 seem to be fixed, but as far as I know, the Québec itineraries were announced a littlebit later than the other Canada/NE itineraries - so mybe there is still some hope left... [emoji5]

Edited by celebrity_fan

With the combination of the RCI press release, the Cruise cal confirmations and all the port schedules there are really not that many questions about ship deployment.

I had just done a complete list here in reply and as this site keeps logging me out I lost the list and have to re-create the list again.

But it is really only Ovation deployment and Vision post-Europe deployment that is still out there. All other ships appear to be spoken for unless they are re-deployed.

--> Ovation:

-Med/Canaries/Western E. from Southampton (maybe year-round) or switching to Far East/Australia via Suez Canal in fall OR

-direct transfer to Far East/Australia via Suez just after debut

[emoji5]

Do you see any evidence at all to actually support Ovation deployment for the European season?

I only see that May 8, 2016 Anthem booking at Gibraltar that should just be an error as it was there before when they had Anthem booked for the whole season. I guess those Brilliance bookings around Northern Europe are not cancelled or filled by another ship.

I do not see her showing up anywhere.

As I find all 15 Caribbean ships in the Caribbean and the Grand Cayman bookings could actually be Anthem from Bayonne, I do not see any real evidence yet for this one.

Do you see any evidence at all to actually support Ovation deployment for the European season?

[...]

I do not see her showing up anywhere.

Yes and no.

At least the RCI press release regarding Caribbean deployment for 2016-17 does NOT include Ovation for that particular season. So I would exclude to see her in American waters in 2016/17. [emoji5]

Than, Ovation otS showed up at the Singapore cruise schedule (but without any dates, so there is no evidence when she is going to operate there).

Unfortunately, all ships without any dates have been deleted from the Singapore cruise list, so no speculation anymore regarding Singapore.

I assume that Ovation either spends her maiden season in Europe and than switching to Far East, or being directed to Far East just after delivery in spring 2016.

Where would YOU see sailing Ovation if not Europe? ;)

And for me, Brilliance and Northern Europe are a big question mark still.

If Brilliance really switches to Barcelona, which ship might take over her itineraries from Harwich??

AND: Have a look at the cruise list of St. Maarten.

http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2

Sadly it is very user-unfriendly, you need to browse up to Nov/Dec 2016...

First call of Harmony of the Seas is Nov 16, 2016 - that implies her first Florida sailing starts the 13th of Nov, 2016 (Saturday), so she should do a 13-night-TA from Barcelona to PE the 23rd of Oct, 2016.

Navigator otS calls there the 1st of Dec, 2016 - it seems she will call there on her Transatlantic in Nov 2016, most likely starting 20th of Nov, 2016... [emoji5]

Edited by celebrity_fan

And for me, Brilliance and Northern Europe are a big question mark still.

If Brilliance really switches to Barcelona, which ship might take over her itineraries from Harwich??

I really do not have any question about Brilliance. You can track her from Tampa to Key West to Funchal to Gibraltar in both directions and on to Palma and Riviera ports. All these ports have perfect history of predicting 'actual' calls.

The only way Brilliance is not at Barcelona for the 12 day sailings would be a re-deployment.

We saw re-deployment recently with Vision, Splendour, Enchantment and Rhapsody. We did not see this with Brilliance.

I do not know the background, but for some reason up until the 18th of November of last year, RCI wanted to have Brilliance booked up in northern Europe as well.

I really do not have any question about Brilliance. You can track her from Tampa to Key West to Funchal to Gibraltar in both directions and on to Palma and Riviera ports. All these ports have perfect history of predicting 'actual' calls.

The only way Brilliance is not at Barcelona for the 12 day sailings would be a re-deployment.

I do not know the background, but for some reason up until the 18th of November of last year, RCI wanted to have Brilliance booked up in northern Europe as well.

Yeah than it must be clear that Brilliance is switching to Barcelona.

For me the question remains on Harwich, though...

First call of Harmony of the Seas is Nov 16, 2016 - that implies her first Florida sailing starts the 13th of Nov, 2016 (Saturday), so she should do a 13-night-TA from Barcelona to PE the 23rd of Oct, 2016.

[emoji5]

Thanks for pointing out they have finally started putting in the Harmony name on bookings at St. Marten.

The Wednesday call confirms that she will take the Oasis schedule.

Harmony could leave on a Western Caribbean sailing on Sat. the 5th and then do a Eastern a week later on Saturday the 12th of November for that Wednesday the 16th call.

It is unclear if the Thursday the 16th Oasis call indicates that Oasis will be a Sunday ship from PC or whether the eastern itinerary will be altered from PC.

Thanks for pointing out they have finally started putting in the Harmony name on bookings at St. Marten.

It is unclear if the Thursday the 16th Oasis call indicates that Oasis will be a Sunday ship from PC or whether the eastern itinerary will be altered from PC.

Surely Oasis sails on Sundays, replacing Freedom, which also sails on Sundays from PC...

Yeah than it must be clear that Brilliance is switching to Barcelona.

For me the question remains on Harwich, though...

For me Harwich looks like a drop currently, unless something changes.

That parking schedule posted yesterday does not seem to show Southampton being a 3 ship schedule either as the RCI parking schedule matches up with current Indy and Navigator schedules.

Surely Oasis sails on Sundays, replacing Freedom, which also sails on Sundays from PC...

Oasis can sail on Sundays, sure. It is apparent she keeps the same Eastern/Western pattern as Harmony though.

I just prefer the logic that Harmony replaces Oasis as that is the case.

Oasis is re-deployed to PC therefore that Harmony arrives. Thus, 3 Oasis class in Florida is due to the arrival of Harmony not the move of Oasis.

Freedom is re-deployed to PE due to the Oasis arrival at the port. Freedom will do 8 day and 6 day cruises on her re-deployment.

Any ideas about RC doing any more Pacific Coastal cruses in the spring 2016? We are booked on the Crown Princess on April 2, 2016, but would prefer RCI and would also prefer a May sailing.

As far as I've heard, it will just be the Jewel passing through like this year. We had the Spring booked as she passed through but had to cancel due to PVSA so now we only have the two Fall California Coastals.

Any ideas about RC doing any more Pacific Coastal cruses in the spring 2016? We are booked on the Crown Princess on April 2, 2016, but would prefer RCI and would also prefer a May sailing.

I think they have a couple booked in the fall of 2016 on Jewel. They will be out later this month with the Alaska deployment.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45770114&postcount=728

They are also booked at Monterey California in May with Jewel, but it is unclear if this is just on the repositioning to Alaska cruises or not.

As far as I've heard, it will just be the Jewel passing through like this year. We had the Spring booked as she passed through but had to cancel due to PVSA so now we only have the two Fall California Coastals.

We are the same this year. Had to cancel the Vancouver to LA. Now we are just hiring a car and touring down the coast and joining Jewel in LA

Navigator otS calls there the 1st of Dec, 2016 - it seems she will call there on her Transatlantic in Nov 2016, most likely starting 20th of Nov, 2016... [emoji5]

Navigator should leave Southampton on the 11th of November and calls at Funchal on the 13th and Tenerife on the 15th, so a possible call on the 20th of November at St. Maarten on her way to Miami would fit.

Navigator should leave Southampton on the 11th of November and calls at Funchal on the 13th and Tenerife on the 15th, so a possible call on the 20th of November at St. Maarten on her way to Miami would fit.

I could imagine that Navi does a 10 night Canary cruise from Nov 10-20, 2016, and than starting TA the 20th.

[emoji5]

It looks like St. Maarten has to clean up their schedule a lot more having looked there as there seem to be some double bookings. It would appear that ships do not do a direct East / West alternating pattern, but they do have some new pattern coming. I am sure that will make many happy.

I just noticed that they even have one day with Allure/Harmony and Freedom all in port on the same day. That does not sound like fun to me.

Well, predicting actual itineraries is just too difficult as there are too many variables.

It looks like St. Maarten has to clean up their schedule a lot more having looked there as there seem to be some double bookings. It would appear that ships do not do a direct East / West alternating pattern, but they do have some new pattern coming. I am sure that will make many happy.

I just noticed that they even have one day with Allure/Harmony and Freedom all in port on the same day. That does not sound like fun to me.

Well, predicting actual itineraries is just too difficult as there are too many variables.

Of course the list needs to be modified, also Freedom and Adventure calling often at the same date.

And there are actually two "Anthems", one the real Anthem and one surely used to be a placeholder for Ovation. That does not seem to be valid anymore.

I could imagine that Navi does a 10 night Canary cruise from Nov 10-20, 2016, and than starting TA the 20th.

What leads you to believe that?

For a sailing from Southampton to Miami it seems like Funchal, Tenerife and on to Miami with Caribbean ports would work well.

What leads you to believe that?

For a sailing from Southampton to Miami it seems like Funchal, Tenerife and on to Miami with Caribbean ports would work well.

Yeah it would, but the Navi call at 1st of Dec 2016 has been newly added.

And look at the Canary routes of Explorer in 2015.

The pattern of Navi in 2016, sailing to Tenerife after Funchal is equal to a Canary route of 2015.

Might be the final Europe cruise in 2016 before sailing to Florida.

Yeah it would, but the Navi call at 1st of Dec 2016 has been newly added.

And look at the Canary routes of Explorer in 2015.

The pattern of Navi in 2016, sailing to Tenerife after Funchal is equal to a Canary route of 2015.

Might be the final Europe cruise in 2016 before sailing to Florida.

Ok. Navigator does one Canary Island sailing that returns on the 10th or 11th for what appears to be the Transatlantic date.

The call on December 1st will be part of a Navigator 9 night sailing from Miami most likely.

Ok. Navigator does one Canary Island sailing that returns on the 10th or 11th for what appears to be the Transatlantic date.

The call on December 1st will be part of a Navigator 9 night sailing from Miami most likely.

That's also possible, but I won't be sure for 100% - it is a single call on Dec 01, no regular. For that reason I assume she will call there on her TA... [emoji5]️